Violet

I think I know what this place needs..

Post by Violet »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7xZtDozXJE
FULL SCREEN...

No comments necessary..
Violet
GinaDCG

Re: I think I know what this place needs..

Post by GinaDCG »

No comments needed, but I must say thanks -- I missed this 1st time around. I think I'll show this to my own children. :lol: :lol:
carm

Post by carm »

Note to self;
Crack, Ice, Boom, Pow!!
Life's hard, really tough,
extremely dufficult (difficult)
WHEN YER LIVIN IN A VAN
DOWN BY THE RIVER,

…but I'm gonna get my gear!

Funny video :lol: !!
Violet

Post by Violet »

Hi Carm and Gina, I'm glad you have both profited from the wisdom of my own life coach, the motivational speaker, Matt Foley. "Go for it!" is truly one of his motivational masterpieces, I think. Sorry it took a while to get back to you both, but this dab nab generator keeps going off.. (given I live in a van 'n all)..

yours in the writing trade,
v i o l e t
Violet
imaginary friend

Post by imaginary friend »

I think I know what this place needs – TESTOSTERONE!

Teratogen is doing an excellent job of holding the fort, and Harry pops in now and then, but how long before they give up in despair? Where are the troops?

Boss (left)
Mat
Michael (left but said he'd be back in 2010...)
John K
Jack (left)
Geoffrey
Yorkie (MIA)

Who am I missing? ...Greg~ that's who.
Violet

Post by Violet »

.. methinks me sees your point, I.F.. I'm sorry to hear about Greg, by the way.. so very very sad..

... well, I've brought in my Sassy Gay Friend, my Stuart Smalley non-professional self help therapist, my motivated motivational non-stop talker, (M.F.).. and even supplied us with a teeny tiny (highly classified) survival kit, just for these difficult times.. I'm not sure what else I myself can do, so maybe you're right.. send in the troops.. (the male ones, that is)..

signed, a bit tired out,
v i o l e t (flower)..
Violet
carm

Post by carm »

…this place needs a party!
Attachments
Party.jpg
Cate

Post by Cate »

imaginary friend wrote:
Who am I missing? ...Greg~ that's who.
me too
Alsiony

Post by Alsiony »

:lol:

Cheers for this Violet :D

A
x
Weybridge MBW 11th July 2009

'All I know - and you must listen very carefully to this... All I know - is that I know absolutely nothing' - Frank

'Who ever loved that loved not at first sight?' - Christopher Marlowe

Much misunderstood... was the 'Hippie' with a reality fixation...
Violet

Post by Violet »

.. hi A.. glad to hear this worked for you..
carm wrote:…this place needs a party!
.. really, Carm??.. well, I can just hear my life coach, Matt Foley now:

.. "oh, yeah, you'll have plenty of time to party, lady, when you're living in a.. [I think you get where I'm going with this]..

ACTUALLY.. just for this forum, and for a short time only (I just added that second part for kicks), I am providing for you the abbreviated [23 sec.] version of my life coach, Matt Foley's masterwork, "Go for it!"..

Now, this is for those times when you're running out the door (of your van, probably), and you don't have a heck of a lot of time, but still you want a little shot in arm of Matt's motivational magic.. Oh, and it's not shaky cam quality either.. (though that added a kind of "you are there" aspect that was beginning to grow on me.. and well, yes.. I do try to watch "Go for it!" at least once a day.. it helps keep things in perspective, I find..

.. okay, well here goes.. and now you really have no excuse not to "Go for it!" at least a dozen or so times a day, given this abbreviated option.. and on top of that, this particular clip captures the most important points, I should think, of my life coach, Matt Foley's entire "Go for it!" philosophy.. and on top of that.. (ladies and gentlemen).. if you keep this [abbreviated] experience in mind (throughout your day, let's say), and find you've managed to accomplish darn near anything at all.. well, that has got to feel pretty darn good..

.. (even if you're livin' in a

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_YK9wVK6IQ
FULL SCREEN..
Violet
carm

Post by carm »

Now, you're probably saying to yourself, "What IS the definition of jack squat?"

The definition for jack squat is…
nothing, zero, zilch, nada

A stronger variation on the slang usage of "squat", means "absolutely nothing".

Sentence:
There are users on this thread who don't know jack squat about writing a good definition. (me guilty, I s'pose)

Now, on a somewhat different note, you might want to check this out…

http://odeo.com/episodes/24616547-Beyon ... ok-Trailer

Jackie O'Riley never had life handed him on a platter. For one thing, he was born in a time of poverty and uncertainty, when most Americans could barely stay alive and keep a roof over their heads. At least he’s not alone as he struggles to overcome his predicament. Narrowly avoiding war, he sees his nation become a world of electricity and automobiles. He sees people at their worst and best as he moves across country, always with one goal in mind...to be somebody Beyond Jack Squat. :D
Attachments
13280973.JPG.jpeg
Violet

Post by Violet »

.. hi Carm..

.. yes.. I'd say jack squat is in a sense that "nothingness" we're all trying to defend against.. so to "be someone," as it were.. and you don't have to be living in a van down by the river to find yourself staving off the jack squat monster either, I'd offer..

.. I don't know all that much about the late comedian, Chris Farley, but I'd venture that a key ingredient in his Matt Foley, motivational speaker routine comes from his Dad.. yes, it seems it was Dad who would have instilled this "don't-get-too-big-for-your-britches" ethos into Chris's psyche, starting from a very tender age, no doubt..

.. so here you have this endearingly big, round [not-going-to-amount-to-jack-squat] Chris Farley... reaching the very pinnacle of his trade, as it were.. [although, given his early demise, predicated I believe on drug use, etc., one wonders if he ever really felt like very much more than jack squat]... and yet, here (in this clip).. especially during one very special moment when David Letterman -- well, I won't spoil it for you -- but I do believe it was a moment when Chris Farley truly felt he was above "jack squat"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf4TqKMSeEI
FULL SCREEN..

Violet
carm

Post by carm »

I'd venture that a key ingredient in his Matt Foley, motivational speaker routine comes from his Dad.. yes, it seems it was Dad who would have instilled this "don't-get-too-big-for-your-britches" ethos into Chris's psyche, starting from a very tender age, no doubt..
Yes, I would agree that the motivational speaker routine must come from his Dad. His father’s influence is apparent even in this brief clip when Chris talks about giving out his autograph to some chef at a restaurant that he and his dad were visiting. Upon signing, his dad asks him “what’d you put on there?” and Chris says “oh, he just wanted an autograph, so I signed my name…” and his dad says, “Oh for God's sake, make it personal…”

"don't-get-too-big-for-your-britches"

When I was younger I quite often heard the adult crowd say "Don't get too big for your britches", though I don’t believe I was ever one to get carried away with my own self-importance (I was too short for that one to materialize), but I still reflect on that saying, so I must have taken the advice to heart at that very early age, regardless of how I might have perceived myself at the time.
although, given his early demise, predicated I believe on drug use, etc., one wonders if he ever really felt like very much more than jack squat
You never really
understand a person
until you consider
things from his point of view –
until you climb into his skin
and walk around in it.

Or

You never really
know a man until
you stand in his shoes
and walk around in them"
- Atticus Finch (To Kill a Mockingbird)