Next cities?

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jarkko
Site Admin

Next cities?

Post by jarkko »

I'm getting emails from members asking about the next cities & venues after Zagreb. Unfortunately the tour schedule is not final yet. Every big city wants Leonard. AEG and the tour management now have to decide where to go. For the time being naming any of the cities is premature, and making the list of candidates public would only cause disappointments if the plans happen to change. We know that the concerts will be in the Nordic countries and Central Europe. That's the only information that has been confirmed so far! Patience friends!

This forum has also some kind of semi-official status as a reliable source about LC, and the local media in many countries seems to follow what's written here. Posting unconfirmed speculations may cause problems also for the tour organizers. (That's why I have had to delete some messages). Be sure that we are the first to share the information as soon as there is something to tell!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
drsing

Re: Next cities?

Post by drsing »

thanks very much Jarkko, still waiting for the miracle.... ;-)
1985 Rotterdam
1988 Amsterdam
1993 The Hague
2008 Manchester, Brussels (2x), Rotterdam
2009 Lisboa
2010 Dortmund
2012 Ghent 2012 (2x), Amsterdam 2012 (2x)
2013 Antwerp, Oberhausen, Brussels, Rotterdam, Amsterdam
mutti

Post by mutti »

Thanks Jarkko!
Looks like the meet up in Zagreb was fun!
Waiting patiently for the announcements though disappointed Canada doesn't appear to be happening this year.
It is very exciting knowing Leonard is feeling good and the tour will go on...
Looking forward to when the whole list is out....
thanks again and to Marie as well!
Mutti 8) ;-) 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
cpl593h

Post by cpl593h »

Wow! After years of subscribing to this forum i can carefully and painstakingly decipher jarkko's message (above) and can confirm the following:

Stockholm
Oslo
Dublin

Alnwick
Liverpool
Lyon

Matlock
Amsterdam
Nuremberg
hydriot

Post by hydriot »

Loved the acrostic, cpl593h.
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
astranger

Post by astranger »

cpl593h wrote:Wow! After years of subscribing to this forum i can carefully and painstakingly decipher jarkko's message (above) and can confirm the following:

Stockholm
Oslo
Dublin

Alnwick
Liverpool
Lyon

Matlock
Amsterdam
Nuremberg
...isn't this exactly what Jarkko was asking us not to do?
Jake.........Durham, NC 11-3-09; Brooklyn, NY 12-20-12
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

I think we need to look at the acrostic, which I really don't understand totally. "Sod all man"...huh? I don't think cpl593h was listing potential cities. :roll:

Maybe I need to look at this closer...but it's sort of not worth the effort!
ronnievv

Post by ronnievv »

Thank you, Jarkko... great news for me, living in Prague, which is VERY Central Europe! :D Poland, Slovakia (counting on Bratislava anyways), Austria (Vienna! Please please Vienna! ...there's a concert hall...) - so much possibilities, and not too far away! Do not dare to hope for Prague third time, but --
Veronika: Prague 2008/Berlin 2009/Bratislava 2009/Prague 2009/Prague 2013...
cpl593h

Post by cpl593h »

ladydi wrote:...but it's sort of not worth the effort!
you're right! it was hardly worth the effort! and, yes, it was a joke.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Very clever though...it took some thought! ;-)
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

Ronnievv wrote:

Thank you, Jarkko... great news for me, living in Prague, which is VERY Central Europe! :D Poland, Slovakia (counting on Bratislava anyways), Austria (Vienna! Please please Vienna! ...there's a concert hall...) - so much possibilities, and not too far away! Do not dare to hope for Prague third time, but --

Hi ronnievv

That would be a great idea to Leonard come to Prague. That, would be ;-) ? In Bratislava, the highly look forward :D . I also think that it could be Vienna, but it's close to Bratislava. So I do not know.
Hadvao

Post by Hadvao »

ronnievv wrote:Thank you, Jarkko... great news for me, living in Prague, which is VERY Central Europe! :D Poland, Slovakia (counting on Bratislava anyways), Austria (Vienna! Please please Vienna! ...there's a concert hall...) - so much possibilities, and not too far away! Do not dare to hope for Prague third time, but --
I totally agree. I'm also living in Prague very near to O2 arena :) Of course I'm happy with Bratislava anyway.
P.S. Jarkko, thank you very much
Vlastik

Post by Vlastik »

Anywhere in Central Europe would be fine /we already have Bratislava, Katowice.../ but Prague would be awesome - this time at Prague Castle, Lumbe garden as it was initially suggested in 2008.

And Krakow - it is very Central Europe!!! I could even suggest some excellent dates.... :D

Vlasta
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

Perhaps, or at least I hope I get into Katowice. :roll:
golo99

Post by golo99 »

Hmmm, many people bigging up Prague and Vienna, but early on (admittedly before the rescheduling) it was said the tour would mostly feature new cities not played previously, and Prague and the concert hall in Vienna have both already had two concerts.

The fact that most of the new dates will be in the Nordic countries is also interesting. Norway, Sweden and Denmark have already had three concerts each, and Finland just one, so perhaps Jarkko's home country will get more of their share this time.

For me, the one city I am hoping for is Reyjavik. Was planning to book a holiday there this summer anyway, but now I must delay booking and cross my fingers that it appears in the tour schedule. Please please please please...
2008 Dublin June 15th, Manchester June 20th, Vienna Sept 24th, London Nov 17th, Brighton Nov 28th / 2009 Weybridge July 11th / 2010 Malmo Aug 4th, Lille Sept 25th / 2012 Dublin Sept 12th & 14th / 2013 Brighton Aug 28th

Return to “The World Tour 2010”