What to do with the Politics?

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
efc

Re: What to do with the Politics?

Post by efc »

Byron wrote:A 'Foe' in time saves '9.' :razz:
Still can't ignore my posts then.
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

efc,

I read a piece a short while ago about a man living oop norf, who was arrested for arguing vehemently and acting in a very aggressive manner in a phone booth, the phone was on the hook and he was alone. The Police made an arrest, so can you tell us the outcome and if you were charged for the disturbance :lol: :lol: :lol:
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron »

efc, lest you are operating in the erroneous belief that I am wasting my time reading your scribbled offerings in this Forum, may I repeat, for your benefit, that I DON'T EVEN ALLOW YOUR POSTINGS TO EMERGE on my delicate pc screen. All I get is a note saying that efc has posted something. That 'something' remains a complete black hole as far as I'm concerned. Nothing is displayed/shown/illuminated/ that you have typed. By all means continue to present the Forum with 'your verbage,' BUT I never read it. It never opens up on my screen.
Rest assured that if you respond to this rather curt note, your reply will not only fall on deaf ears, but will also fall into the 'ether' betwixt our Forum and my pc. Or to put it another way, "Talk to the hand, cos the head ain't listenin'."
If you have 'had a go at me,' in any of those previous 10 offerings, be assured that I ain't read a single one of them. :neutral:
If you have ignored me............thanks a lot. 8)
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
efc

Post by efc »

Vicomte wrote:efc,

I read a piece a short while ago about a man living oop norf, who was arrested for arguing vehemently and acting in a very aggressive manner in a phone booth, the phone was on the hook and he was alone. The Police made an arrest, so can you tell us the outcome and if you were charged for the disturbance :lol: :lol: :lol:
It couldn't have been me because when that happened I was posting a reply to your post, pointing out that you were wrong. Don't you want to talk about that.
efc

Post by efc »

Byron wrote:efc, lest you are operating in the erroneous belief that I am wasting my time reading your scribbled offerings in this Forum, may I repeat, for your benefit, that I DON'T EVEN ALLOW YOUR POSTINGS TO EMERGE on my delicate pc screen. All I get is a note saying that efc has posted something. That 'something' remains a complete black hole as far as I'm concerned. Nothing is displayed/shown/illuminated/ that you have typed. By all means continue to present the Forum with 'your verbage,' BUT I never read it. It never opens up on my screen.
Rest assured that if you respond to this rather curt note, your reply will not only fall on deaf ears, but will also fall into the 'ether' betwixt our Forum and my pc. Or to put it another way, "Talk to the hand, cos the head ain't listenin'."
If you have 'had a go at me,' in any of those previous 10 offerings, be assured that I ain't read a single one of them. :neutral:
If you have ignored me............thanks a lot. 8)
If you have seen my posts then you're a lying fraud.
margaret

Post by margaret »

efc,

Do you not understand yet what Byron has said? The only thing he can see when you make any comment whatsoever, is a message that "efc has made a post." He does not see any other words apart from an option to ....."display this post " if desired. He is correct and truthful when stating he has not read your posts. He is not a fraud, and he is not a liar.

You will now be on my "foe "list in future, so I will not see any more of the drivel you are spouting.

If you go to User control panel, then friends and foes, you will see how this works.
In fact now I can no longer see any of your previous posts either. You are invisible.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

margaret wrote:If you go to User control panel, then friends and foes, you will see how this works.
In fact now I can no longer see any of your previous posts either. You are invisible.
Thank you for this margaret. I always wondered what the "friends and foes" option did. Now I know, and I feel totally liberated.

Wendy
friscogrl

Post by friscogrl »

Yes, thanks Margaret. Guess who is the one and only person on my foe list? I am all for the Politics section and enjoy a good political debate
as much as the next person, but I just find efc's comments to be inflammatory with no real chance of a back and forth, give and take conversation.
So now he can post his little heart out without my seeing them on this forum.

Marsha
2008 Toronto June 6/ 2009 New York Feb 19 Oakland April 13 14 Coachella April 17 Ottawa May 25 26 Barcelona Sept 21 Las Vegas 11/12 San Jose 11/13
2010 Malmo Aug 4 Gothenburg Aug 12 Las Vegas Dec 10 & 11
2012 Verona 9/24 San Jose 11/7. Montreal 11/28 11/29/ 2013 Oakland 3/2 NYC 4/6
Hamilton 4/9
Tony

Post by Tony »

I have to say that I find the posts highly amusing to the extent that I look forward to the next episode. We all need a good laugh - I just wish there were more.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Thanks all...personally I think efc is a paid troll. However, he is now bleeped and no matter what he may say about me, or any of the other people I care about on this Forum...I can't see him! Talk to the hand indeed! :D
efc

Post by efc »

margaret wrote:efc,

Do you not understand yet what Byron has said? The only thing he can see when you make any comment whatsoever, is a message that "efc has made a post." He does not see any other words apart from an option to ....."display this post " if desired. He is correct and truthful when stating he has not read your posts. He is not a fraud, and he is not a liar.

You will now be on my "foe "list in future, so I will not see any more of the drivel you are spouting.

If you go to User control panel, then friends and foes, you will see how this works.
Of course I understand what Byron is saying, and I also understand about "foe". Byron's behaviour is hardly rational, and begs the question as to whether he's playing games. Let's look at the evidence.

Byron said "If you have 'had a go at me,' in any of those previous 10 offerings, be assured that I ain't read a single one of them". The offerings he refers to comprise a tranche of 9 posts, none of which had anything to do with Byron, and then one offering. That solitary offering arose because Byron posted a response to my 9 offerings, none of which, as I say, had nothing to do with him. My solitary offering simply highlighted the disconnect between Byron's (unconvincing) attempt to emphasise how he couldn't care less about what I say, and the fact he clearly can't help yourself. We've had the same sort of thing in Music also.

In other words Byron claims to ignore me, but doesn't, and I only respond when he addresses me directly.

Now either Byron is not with us, or he's seen my posts, in which case he's a liar and a fraud. Neither possibility reflect well on him.

As for you and your sort, and your drive-by stuff, it's hardly clever to criticise me, and then flounce off stage right. Just don't turn out like Byron.
Alsiony

Post by Alsiony »

Efc - out of everyone - you alone are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo making the strongest case against keeping the political section of the forum, (something that I have stated I do not believe should happen by the way)

BUT GEE WHIZ!!!

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS IN ALL OF IT'S TECHNICOLOUR IRONY :lol: :lol:

How does it go again?... oh yeah...
'I once heard of this bloke, who, despite all the best willed advice in the world, absolutely insisted on repeatedly shooting himself in the foot - and was then, strangely surprised to find that he could no longer walk'.

Hmmmm...

:?
:roll:
:lol:

A
x
Weybridge MBW 11th July 2009

'All I know - and you must listen very carefully to this... All I know - is that I know absolutely nothing' - Frank

'Who ever loved that loved not at first sight?' - Christopher Marlowe

Much misunderstood... was the 'Hippie' with a reality fixation...
GinaDCG

Post by GinaDCG »

efc,

Why on earth to you care if Byron reads or does not read your posts? (unless you really are a paid troll.) Just because eyes gloss over some print on the screen does not mean that their meaning is digested at all or that the arguments they advance are even followed by so much as 1 brain synapse.

Its as if you think you have a right to command everyone's attention and if they deny the attention you believe you are entitled to, then they must be proved to be a fraud, or a lier, or a whatever. Why?
efc

Post by efc »

Alsiony wrote:Efc - out of everyone - you alone are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo making the strongest case against keeping the political section of the forum, (something that I have stated I do not believe should happen by the way)

BUT GEE WHIZ!!!

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS IN ALL OF IT'S TECHNICOLOUR IRONY :lol: :lol:

How does it go again?... oh yeah...
'I once heard of this bloke, who, despite all the best willed advice in the world, absolutely insisted on repeatedly shooting himself in the foot - and was then, strangely surprised to find that he could no longer walk'.

Hmmmm...

:?
:roll:
:lol:

A
x
Are " sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" and a small army of smily type things, not to mention the caps, an attempt to make us think, like, you're grown up already.
efc

Post by efc »

efc wrote:
Alsiony wrote:
Well there is obviously some relatively serious bother about it, or else surely the question would not have been raised for debate in the first place?
Further, it seems an obvious and un-required comment, when it is said that
Jarkko will do what he considers appropriate.

Well -he is running this forum afterall!
But the happy difference is, that instead of signing into the forum to find a news item entitled 'Scheduled forum changes- the politics section is being axed' (for example), here we have a referendum of sorts taking place, atleast an opinion poll ahead of any decisions being made.

Whatever decision is to be made on it all in the end, the very existence of this thread itself, simply induces further confidence that this forum is being operated in a thoughful and appropriate manner.
Something that I for one greatly appreciate.
A

x
"Serious bother" sounds rather dramatic if I may say so.

Actually, what I said was "That of course is entirely correct. For my part I am expressing an opinion, an opinion that has been requested. It's also an opinion that has been informed by how I believe my posts have been unfairly dealt with. Jarkko will do what he considers appropriate", in response to B4real's "All I have to say is that this is Jarkko's site and he can do with it what he wants. He has very democratically (politically) asked our opinions but he doesn't have to do what we say."

So all I was doing was acknowledging/agreeing with that comment, which puts my comment in rather better context than you managed.

And let's note that you didn't feel it necessary to tell B4real "Well -he is running this forum afterall!". Funny that.
You haven't answered this, but you have written me since, so I'm going to assume you agree I'm right.

Return to “News”