Leonard for Ireland?

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jdhayes

Re: Leonard for Ireland?

Post by jdhayes »

All days are equally long i.e. 24 hours, but LC is welcome to come back and sing on any day of the year, and if he does we'll be there. Please come back!
2xDublin 2008, 2xDublin 2009, Berlin, Beacon Theatre 2009, Cardiff, Birmingham, 2xSligo 2010, 3 x Dublin 2012
"You held on to me like I was a crucifix, as we went kneeling through the dark"
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

Wouldn't we all LOVE to see Leonard back in Ireland! :D France is the nearest we're sure of, though, so have you Irish Cohenites worked out which of the venues is most conveniently reachable from Ireland by air, or are you all going through London by Eurostar? It seems surprisingly difficult to get a direct flight to any of them on the day before the concert. :?:
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
trish

Post by trish »

It's four in the morning, November is definitely gone and I am wondering when Leonard will return to Ireland?

We have a strong contingent of fans here, plus so many Cohenites willing to travel and see a concert in Ireland. Cead mile failte Leonard - the land of 100 thousand welcomes... There are 100 000 plus fans here eagerly awaiting your return!

Marie, thanks for being our ambassador and thanks for letting Leonard's team get away with their lives lol. Here's hoping a date will be announced soon!
Aloevera

Post by Aloevera »

Dear Leonard - Anam Cara,

I have been listening to the recordings of the Dublin 08 and the O2 09 concerts.

It goes without saying the atmosphere at an Irish concert is pure magic. Having attended your concerts in the UK, Italy, Spain and Nashville, I can say without fear or favour that there is a unique connection between an artist and us Irish. It is very simple - to paraphrase Roscoe Beck (in an interview on the files), with an Irish audience there is reverential silence when necessary and the sound of 10,000 singing at other times.

Leonard, you need to hear us singing to the heavens with you before you finally hang up your fedora.

We await news of the Irish concerts like children waiting for Santa. We are full of hope and anticipation.

My daughter Ciara, age 7 (sitting here beside me) has asked me to tell you her favourite song is A Thousand Kisses Deep. Last Friday she sang There Ain't No Cure for Love, in school. I can't be accused of indoctrination, can I?

In song.

Paula & Ciara 8)
2008 - RHK Dublin x 2, Lucca, Birmingham
2009 - Dublin x 2, Barcelona, Nashville
2010 - Marseille, Las Vegas X 2
hobyrne

Post by hobyrne »

The best Christmas present EVER would be to hear Leonard will be back in Ireland in 2010!
jdhayes

Post by jdhayes »

read the other threads. A Bird on the Wire has indicated he will be back. Now we can at last forget the disappointment of the World Cup debacle.
2xDublin 2008, 2xDublin 2009, Berlin, Beacon Theatre 2009, Cardiff, Birmingham, 2xSligo 2010, 3 x Dublin 2012
"You held on to me like I was a crucifix, as we went kneeling through the dark"
JOSIECYBERSPACE

Post by JOSIECYBERSPACE »

I JUST CAME UPON THIS...SUBJECT....LEONARD FOR IRELAND....AND WANT TO JOIN IN ON THE REQUEST.....
PLEASE....PLEASE....MAYBE I MAY EVEN GET TO MEET & GREET THE GREAT MAN HIMSELF.... 8)

SOME FRIENDS OF A FRIEND OF MINE., BUMPED INTO HIM IN THE HOTEL HE WAS STAYING LAST TIME
HE WAS HERE...ON A MONDAY..I HAD JUST LEFT BY CAB..TO GET A TRAIN TO THE WEST OF
IRELAND..AND GET TO WORK AT LUNCH HR...!

HAD I KNOWN WHERE HE WAS I WOULD HAVE LEFT., "THAT CAB WAIT OUT ON THE STREET" AND MISSED MY TRAIN FOR A PHOTO AND TO SAY HELLO TO THE GREAT LENNY., EVEN TO LOOSE MY JOB...IT WOULD BE WORTH IT ALL....!!!!

THE MAGIC OF KILMAINHAM IS STILL WITH US., AS WAS O2 LAST YEAR!!

WE HAVE HAD HORRIBLE WINTER, SUMMER, ECONOMIC SITUATION....WE NEED SOMEBODY TO CHEER US UP....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: TO LOOK FORWARD TO....!!

JOSIE H... :roll:
phessi

Post by phessi »

what about thomond park????? i know its open air and not as intimate but if he was only going to do one concert in ireland more of us would get to see him.[ rod steward and elton john played there last year and i believe bruce springstein is coming this summer. ]
Mollydog

Post by Mollydog »

Just making sure that this thread doesn't get buried! :D
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton
topsy turvey

Post by topsy turvey »

Greetings to all from Dublin Ireland.Just imagine the party fun and craic awaiting us .I select Marie and Albert, JD Hayes and all other Irish forum members to organise a major hooliee..You have to be Irish to know what that means!All visitors and friends from forum welcome.All we need now is Leonard and troupe to say YES PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE.ps luv ya Leonard.
merton

Post by merton »

Hi,

EXTRA , EXTRA, Read all about it:
The Sunday Tribune (an Irish Sunday newspaper) writing about Leonard's European tour for 2010 being postponed added that "His dates in Dublin and Belfast in July will now have to be refixed"
Yaba daba dooooooooooooooooooo. He's coming .

Oh Lenny Boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling.

May you stay forever young Leonard.

All the best,
Merton
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Merton, this is excellent news! Although I guess I don't get the "refixed" as originally the Tour wasn't supposed to hit any cities/towns where they had been before, so I would think if indeed (hopefully!) they do add Dublin and Belfast, these would be "new" adds for the 2010 Tour. None of that matters however, as long as they come to Ireland! :D
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir »

merton wrote:Hi,

EXTRA , EXTRA, Read all about it:
The Sunday Tribune (an Irish Sunday newspaper) writing about Leonard's European tour for 2010 being postponed added that "His dates in Dublin and Belfast in July will now have to be refixed"
Yaba daba dooooooooooooooooooo. He's coming .

Oh Lenny Boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling.

May you stay forever young Leonard.

All the best,
Merton
Without wanting to dampen hopes, could this maybe be a case of misreporting? Leonard played Dublin and Belfast in July 2009. That and the fact there have been absolutely no reports from anywhere so far about Leonard making a return visit to the UK or Ireland makes me wonder...

Hope I'm wrong!
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Oh pleeeeeeeeaze, let it be!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Evie B

Post by Evie B »

It certainly looks like The Tribune has got the years muddled up, but we can live in hope that he really is coming to Ireland and the UK later in the year.

Evie B
...he shows you where to look amid the garbage and the flowers

Return to “The World Tour 2010”