Bratislava, Slovakia, October 13, 2010

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Mabeanie1

Re: BRATISLAVA: Special sale to Members Jan 6-8

Post by Mabeanie1 »

majmunka wrote:
Oops, I think I figured out finally. If you click on the B sector, they will ask for the password. The B sector wasn't available till now.
Thank you majmunka. This is very disappointing (but reassuring for all those who have already bought their tickets). They don't even have the first few rows of sector B available!!

It looks as if I am going to have to settle for row 9.

Wendy
majmunka

Post by majmunka »

Mabeanie1 wrote:
It looks as if I am going to have to settle for row 9.

Wendy
Same here, 9th row :) See you there!
majmunka
marton

Post by marton »

How come the B, C and D sectors are the same price category (110 eur) and there are cheaper seats in the red sector (even for 90 eur)
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Looks like this special sale (which was some kind of after-sale instead of the usual pre-sale!) was not very useful for our members.
Better seats (in section A) were offered without the password! I have reported these problems to AEG, although the seats
were very probably chosen by the local seller and not AEG.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

From AEG - they checked with Bratislava:
Sector B is the best sector as its elevated and very close to the stage. Sector A is on the floor, so there isn’t so good view as in the Sector B.
Hopefully all members have now purchased the tickets they wanted in either Sector A or B.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

jarkko wrote:From AEG - they checked with Bratislava:
Sector B is the best sector as its elevated and very close to the stage. Sector A is on the floor, so there isn’t so good view as in the Sector B.
Hopefully all members have now purchased the tickets they wanted in either Sector A or B.
Jarkko

Thank for following up with AEG. The simple answer to their question is "NO"!!

Does anyone know the venue? If so can you comment on the response - is Sector B better??? Has anyone found any pictures of the venue? I am struggling to find any info on this venue at the moment.

Wendy
Wimmer

Post by Wimmer »

I have 2 tickets for Bratislava :D Without special sale for members. I do not want to wait. 10 Row. :D
Now I waiting for the March 2010.
something crazy

Post by something crazy »

jarkko wrote:From AEG - they checked with Zagreb:
So how come the seats on the floor row 9 back are more expensive than sector B? That doesn't seem right does it?
IrishMar

Post by IrishMar »

I attended the concert last August and had a seat in row 9 of block A. It was a great seat in terms of proximity to the stage. I personally would prefer a seat in A rather than B.

Marie
2008 DUB3 LDN Helsinki LDN Paris MAN
2009 NYC Boston Weybridge DUB4 Belfast Lisboa Bratislava Barcelona Chicago LV SJ
2010 Zagreb Sligo2 Berlin Ghent2 Firenze Marseille Katowice Bratislava Victoria Vancouver LV2
2012 Ghent2 A'dam2 Helsinki DUB4 Verona Paris2 Boston2
2013 NYC Brussels Prague Vienna Zurich MAN
ronald1956

Post by ronald1956 »

We just received our tickets for the Bratislava Concert. So this will be the third year in a row we are able to see, listen and experience Leonard Cohen. Does anyone have a good tip for a nice hotel not far from the Incheba Expo Arena.
Is the arene easiky reacheble by public transport.?
We hope to see some of our fellow forum members.
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

ronald1956 wrote:

We just received our tickets for the Bratislava Concert. So this will be the third year in a row we are able to see, listen and experience Leonard Cohen. Does anyone have a good tip for a nice hotel not far from the Incheba Expo Arena.
Is the arene easiky reacheble by public transport.?
We hope to see some of our fellow forum members.

These are some hotels around the arena where the concert will be Leonard:

http://www.hoteldanubiagate.sk/

http://www.bratislavahotels.com/hotel-danube-bratislava

http://www.travelguide.sk/eng/accommoda ... 2_0_1.html

http://www.hotelmarrols.sk/marrols-hotel-bratislava-en

http://www.en.presidenthotel.sk/index.php

http://www.hoteltatra.sk/index.php?language=en

Urban transport also available directly from the hotel. If you want to know more just write me an e-mail. First, select hotel.
SuzanneT

Post by SuzanneT »

Hi ronald1956 and all,
last year I lived in Esprit Hotel, which is just 5 minutes away from the concert venue. It's cozy, very nice htoel. You go to a footbridge over a four-lane road and you are at the concert venue. Double room costs 56 Euro, breakfast and parking directly at the hotel is free. You can book a bed at http://www.booking.com / Bratislava
I was very happy there! ;-)
What you have now is what you were, and what you will is what you do now...Buddha
Above the graves of those painful sheds tears for the unspoken words and deeds missed...Elizabeth Harriet Beecher Stowe
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

Hi SuzanneT

This is a great idea. :idea:
ronald1956

Post by ronald1956 »

Hi SuzanneT,
Thanks for the info. I found the Esprit Hotel on a dutch booking site and all the comments where very possitive, similer to your experience. So we booked the hotel and are now counting the days till the concert. Hope to see you and other forum members.
SuzanneT

Post by SuzanneT »

Hi ronald1956,
I'm glad I could help! I really was happy there and it's really close to the venue of the concert. I also hope that we meet there and also that we meet with other people from the forum :idea: ;-)
What you have now is what you were, and what you will is what you do now...Buddha
Above the graves of those painful sheds tears for the unspoken words and deeds missed...Elizabeth Harriet Beecher Stowe

Return to “The World Tour 2010”