Liverpool Meetup January 8-10, 2010

Information on other get-togethers before the next big Event
liverpoolken

Re: Liverpool Meetup January 8-10, 2010

Post by liverpoolken »

Now go on with you Trish.....Christy is a well brought up and timed served catholic altar boy from County Kildare who I'm sure wouldn't be having those kind of wicked and sinful thoughts in his head when he's singing Ride On. Although I wouldn't be putting it past some those dirty auld Dubs to be thinking such things.....

.......BTW great gig a week next Monday (7th.) down at the Liberty Hall besides Christy Himself, Karen Casey, Brendan Derevaux, Jinx Lennon, Paula Flynn and Paula Meehan (alas not our Paula) plus other guests.

It's a gig to celebrate 100 years of the Trade Union Movement in Ireland all proceeds going to the Services Industrial Professional and Technical Union Hardship fund...........

We don't want Leonard back in here Liverpool after all the drunken behaviour that his fans brought to the city last June.
Maybe I should start a thread 'Leonard Please Don't Visit These Cities'.......... ta ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

To prepare Henning for what he's in for when he visits Liverpool in January to watch the Liverpool v Tottenham game.........there was a newsflash on Radio Merseyside this evening not long after the Champions League results came through, that reported that the body of a middle-aged man had been found floating in the River Mersey, he was wearing a Liverpool shirt, high heel shoes and fish-net tights.......Police removed the Liverpool shirt to save his family any embarrassment.......ta ken
trish

Post by trish »

liverpoolken wrote:Now go on with you Trish.....Christy is a well brought up and timed served catholic altar boy from County Kildare who I'm sure wouldn't be having those kind of wicked and sinful thoughts in his head when he's singing Ride On. Although I wouldn't be putting it past some those dirty auld Dubs to be thinking such things.....

.......BTW great gig a week next Monday (7th.) down at the Liberty Hall besides Christy Himself, Karen Casey, Brendan Derevaux, Jinx Lennon, Paula Flynn and Paula Meehan (alas not our Paula) plus other guests.

It's a gig to celebrate 100 years of the Trade Union Movement in Ireland all proceeds going to the Services Industrial Professional and Technical Union Hardship fund...........

We don't want Leonard back in here Liverpool after all the drunken behaviour that his fans brought to the city last June.
Maybe I should start a thread 'Leonard Please Don't Visit These Cities'.......... ta ken
LOL Ken! I know this is a terrible thing to say but apart from Christy Moore, I have never heard of any of those other singers. Tinderella is on mission to open my horizon to other musicians, not sure if she ever heard of these guys though...

Re Pool v Spurs - I hear it rumoured that Jurgen Klinsmann might be coming to Liverpool as manager. Now that would be some match, if he is there by then. I absolutely love the man and was devastated when he left Spurs...

BTW what's this with the fishnet tights, high heels and Liverpool jersey?????????????
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

Hopefully when Henning comes to Liverpool on his official state visit in January I will be able to interest him in something other besides football and the Beatles.

Maybe I could persuade him to come along and meet some of my new friends.
We have a trail of a 100 delightful penguins scattered throughout the city, and as you can see they really do brighten up what is an otherwise miserable time of year.

If Henning does agree to come along then maybe afterwards we could retire to a pub and over a few pints of good English ale discuss the penguin that is in us all.

After watching Henning many a time trying to walk back to Kamini in the early hours of the morning after a full night at Rolois I think I know that he already has some penguin in his walk at least....ta ken
p1.jpg
p2.jpg
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

Here is another penguin friend of mine who I hope to introduce to Henning next month.
Although the penguin can't pick up a guitar and sing 'I love you, yeah yeah', nor does he earn tens of thousands of pounds a week for kicking a ball around he still nevertheless brightens up the Lime Street area of Liverpool.
pen2.jpg
I found these two pretty young German ladies today in our German Christmas market in Williamson Square and when I asked
if the sausages were from Bavaria they looked at me funny and said 'nein'.
As I prefer my sausages and beer to come from Bavaria I moved on.
pen4.jpg
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron »

"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

Wow! John that second link with the photos of every penguin and it's location has saved me a lot of shoe leather.
....wonderful thing this interweb.

I didn't realise that there are as many as 142 of the little critters.
I notice that a number of them are on your side of the water, which as we all know is at least one or two overcoats colder than the sunnier Liverpool side at this time of the year... so I guess the penguins are feeling more at home over there in the lower temperatures.......ta kenguin
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

If I can't get Henning to come on the penguin trail with me then perhaps I can persuade him to have a ride on our ferris wheel. From the top you can see over to North Wales with views of the mountains of Snowdonia which I sure will bring back happy memories for him of our strolls (sic) up Cader Idris and Snowdon itself.
It may be not as beautiful as Vienna's famous ferris wheel in the Third Man and you won't find Orson Welles riding on it, but it's bigger than Manchesters big wheel...ta kenquin
wheel1.jpg
mylitta

Post by mylitta »

Love the penguins- are they available for adoption?
Would still like to come to Liverpool, but the hotels are sooo expensive, and reading the reviews the 'budget' hotels are full of stag and hen parties- a bit much for me at my time of life, I need my kip!
Henning

Post by Henning »

mylitta - why do you have a problem with "hen parties" ?

ken - I will go for everything you suggest - but the penguin walk that you remember from Hydra - that was definitely Elke

dave - BVB stats for the last 8 matches = 5 wins, 3 draws - believe me, I will bring fortuna back to Anfield

can't wait for Jan
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
daveeliver

Post by daveeliver »

meandpenguins.jpg
meandpenguins.jpg (22.65 KiB) Viewed 2243 times
Hi All, Me and my friend after we drank too much at the aftershow party a few weeks ago,at the Liverpool premiere of Nowhere Boy. The film is worth seeing and if you like John, you need to see it,but......
It's been a little difficult the past few weeks but will start making plans for January during the coming week..
Look after yourself and (each)others. All the best Dave ♫♫♫
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

I guess it's time to get things organised for next month.

Could those folk who are definitely coming to Liverpool next month please post here your name and date of arrival and date of departure.

Once we have names and dates we will create the usual off-board group email for making arrangements etc.

ta ken
mylitta

Post by mylitta »

Ok- definitely coming, arriving Friday 8th and leaving Monday 11th.
Diane

Post by Diane »

Ken, because of the very kind hospitality of Margaret and John, both Deirdre (Damellon) and I will be along that weekend. I won't be around on the Friday night though. Look forward to seeing people!
Paula

Post by Paula »

I will be there Friday to Monday.

Deirdre I am so pleased you are coming it is such a long time since I saw you.

Diane and Judith looking forward to seeing you.

I take it John and Margaret are going too?

I look forward to seeing you all.
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009

Return to “Other gatherings”