Kansas City pre post show meeting ?

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
standard

Kansas City pre post show meeting ?

Post by standard »

09-Nov-09 Kansas City, Missouri
The Midland by AMC
boogiestreet

Re: Kansas City pre post show meeting ?

Post by boogiestreet »

We would definately be there for a pre show meeting.....dinner.....we would even host it at our home in Shawnee at Black Swan Lake. I am looking for the presale password. Do you have it? If so please email me at paulinewillison@hotmail.com.
rjohnston

Post by rjohnston »

Am also trying to get KC pre-purchase password...any idea when it will come out?
goldstei

Post by goldstei »

KC presale went fine aside from usual ticketmaster extortion.

a meetup sounds fine but for those like me coming from out of town and w/o local transport anywhere outside of downtown kc mo would be very difficult logistically--thus a restaurant in downtown would work better for those in this situation, altho the generous offer of a home meeting in shawnee (which is in the kansas suburbs of KC) is much appreciated!
goldstei

Post by goldstei »

Might some KC native be willing to organize a meet-up at a restaurant near the concert venue?
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

I just decided to go to Kansas City after St Louis. I found a great seat on Ticketmaster.

If there is a meet-up close to The Midland, I would be interested.

----Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

Less than a week, so I thought I'd bump this link. Anyone else coming to Kansas City? Looks like a phenomenal venue! Can hardly wait...
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

KaimiK wrote:Less than a week, so I thought I'd bump this link. Anyone else coming to Kansas City? Looks like a phenomenal venue! Can hardly wait...
Yep. I will be there. I am staying at the Phillips Hotel.

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
goldstei

Post by goldstei »

Is there anyone who knows KC willing to organize a meetup either downtown or near the venue? Not much time left for such.
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

We're flying in from out of town and don't know the area at all. And as I warned Arlene, we have a 3-year old and 3-month old with us, so I think we'll be sticking to room-service! I do plan to be there for the early entry though...

goldstei - Are you staying near the venue? Arlene and I are at different hotels, but very close to the Midland...
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Kelsey,

Not sure if you have a computer with you or not. Hope you have a fabulous evening in Kansas City!!! I've given my friend, Bob Goldstein, your cell phone number (hope that's okay) as you will both be at the same concert. Told him how beautiful you are...about the babies....and also how one certain band member related to you!!! :D :D Hope you don't mind...after all, you are indeed so lovely!

Wish I were there!!!!
Big hugs to all of you!
Diana
mutti

Post by mutti »

Kelsey have a wonderful time..will be thinking of you! Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy!
Mutti 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

Of course that's fine Diana! Any friend of yours... :D Funny how this forum feels like family already! And you are such a sweetheart - thanks for the kinds words! If the rain holds off, we're taking the littles ones to the zoo this morning, then we'll be checking into our hotel downtown and I'll be waiting for my miracle! Yay, can hardly wait!!!!!!
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Kelsey,

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! I know you will. Hope a meetup happens for all of you!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
goldstei

Post by goldstei »

for all those waiting to know...yes, kelsey & i connected via cell phone, i from my seat way up on top of the roof of the theater :lol: (actually the sound up there was great!), kelsey from her front row seat...diana, i have a special surprise 4 u when i get back home, so now u really have to show up! :shock: :roll:
bob g.

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”