Vatican City Gig?

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Marisha

Vatican City Gig?

Post by Marisha »

I notice that yet again Leonard is missing out Vatican City. I would like to know, Jarkko, if this is simply a logistical issue or whether Leonard has a religious basis for discriminating against those of us who live there? I really hope for a serious and respectful answer not a "humorous" or flippant response.

Also I request you to post Leonard's cell-phone number here as I think he would like me to call him about the new Leonard Cohen Vatican City Fan Club. Just guess who is the Secretary!!!

Marisha
goldstei

Re: Vatican City Gig

Post by goldstei »

Similar requests have come in from Mecca, Dharmsala (hq for the Dalai Lama), Jerusalem, Kiev (eastern orthodox), Karskei (international Buddhist hq), Tao-Chen (Taoist) and London (hq for Anglicans/Episcopalians). All will be considered without discrimination. In India, Hare Krishna devotees have been observed chanting "Leonard Cohen" instead of their usual chants! Scientologists have announced a name change to "Cohentologists."
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

goldstei wrote:Similar requests have come in from Mecca, Dharmsala (hq for the Dalai Lama), Jerusalem, Kiev (eastern orthodox), Karskei (international Buddhist hq), Tao-Chen (Taoist) and London (hq for Anglicans/Episcopalians). All will be considered without discrimination. In India, Hare Krishna devotees have been observed chanting "Leonard Cohen" instead of their usual chants! Scientologists have announced a name change to "Cohentologists."
I love your reply goldstey! I've heard here that the Aboriginal community here is also complaining about Leonard not performing on top of Ayers Rock as it is their most sacred place...
I told you when I came I was a stranger...
neo

Post by neo »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKuWX-Pyb5s

No need to make a slip stumbling up the stairs... :lol:
Last edited by neo on Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goldstei

Post by goldstei »

Maybe we could get the Pope to establish a charity for those of (even if Jewish) who have bankrupted ourselves in order to witness the third coming?
kwills

Post by kwills »

I've heard he's very pope-ular in the Vatican City.

:)
Manchester 19th June/Cardiff 8th Nov
Liamberney

Re: Vatican City Gig?

Post by Liamberney »

I believe he will do Rome in 2010 - where is the most spectacular venue?
trish

Post by trish »

I hope he does 1st January 2010 in Vatican City or Rome because certain Cohenites will be there!

I think anywhere in Rome would be beautiful. It would even come close to the beautiful Piazza san Marco in Venice. In front of St. Peter's would be amazing!

Marisha, I was curious as to what geographic area exactly was covered by the Vatican City so I just googled it. I see you are one of a population of 800 in the Vatican City - wow that's special. How many of the 800 are transient residents, and how many live there. Very interesting...
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Hi Trish... thanks for keeping my best interests at heart :)
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Goldstei, you are a wild and crazy guy for someone with a truncated cyber name. :D Heaven protect us from what you would dream up if you were ever able to use all nine letters of your name. Rock on, Bob. I enjoy your posts.
---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com

Return to “The World Tour 2010”