Tel Aviv Concert - Welcoming you to Israel

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
sharon.e

Tel Aviv Concert - Welcoming you to Israel

Post by sharon.e »

Israel, August 2nd, 2009: All 47,000 tickets to the September 24th concert were sold within 19 hours of opening the public sale. You can only imagine the madness over the phones, sale website and endless lines outside the ticket office in Tel Aviv’s infamous August heat.
First, I’d like to extend huge thanks to Jarkko and all the people at AEG and production team for making this dream come true (and the pre-sale possible!).
Congratulations to all the happy people who succeeded in buying tickets and I hope that the ones that didn’t will be able to buy them second hand, not from sculpers.

I know that people from abroad are planning to come to Israel for this special concert. I hope that those of you who are planning to do so, also plan to take a few days to tour our beautiful country, especially if it’s their first visit here. The concert is taking place during the Jewish High-Holidays, a special time in Israel, between Jewish New Year’s and Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement) – just think about “Who by fire” in the stadium, and get goosebumps from now.

This message is to encourage you to explore Israel, learn more about it. I, and I am sure that other Israeli members of the forum, would love to help you with tips, advices and any questions you may have.
Looking forward to welcoming you here and see you all at the concert.

--Sharon
2009 Tel Aviv; San Jose
2010 Sligo [x2] ; Las Vegas [x2]
2012 Berlin; Paris; New York, Brooklyn
2013 London (Sept); Amsterdam
MaryB

Re: Tel Aviv Concert - Welcoming you to Israel

Post by MaryB »

sharon.e,

What a lovely post and welcome to all who will be attending the Israel concert. I myself would like to extend my welcome to you on becoming a member of this forum. I hope you will remain an active member here and am truly looking forward to reading your review of the concert.

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
sharon.e

Post by sharon.e »

Thanks Mary!
2009 Tel Aviv; San Jose
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom »

Sharon,

Thanks so much for your kind words, I am sure they will be widely appreciated on this forum!
I would just love to be with you people for this extra-special concert, unfortunately, it is not possible this time...
Anyway, enjoy every bit of it!
Best wishes and warm regards from
Ann-Kristin
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
yaniv297

Post by yaniv297 »

I second the OP, we welcome all of you to Israel and hope you take your time to tour the country a bit...
Welcome :-)
omri_rt

Post by omri_rt »

I'd like to join this generous welcoming.

All of you international fans who are coming to Israel for the concert, PLEASE, feel free to ask for suggestions or anything else you'd like.
You are more than welcome to contact me through e-mail and private messages and I'd be glad to help and share my knowledge about Israel and things to do while staying here.

Looking forward to welcome you all in Israel!
sharon.e

Post by sharon.e »

Thanks Ann-Kristin and my Israeli fellow members,
We'll do our best to give you the look and feel of what is surely going to be a very unique evening.

sunshine greetings 8)
2009 Tel Aviv; San Jose
honeyrose

Israel Concert sells out in under 24 hours

Post by honeyrose »

Leonard Cohen's concert in Israel has sold out in less than a day.

The 47,000 tickets for the September 24 concert at a stadium near Tel Aviv - to benefit Palestinian and Israeli peace groups - went on sale at 8.30 on Saturday evening, and by Sunday afternoon they were all gone, ticket agent Avi Messing told Israel's Channel 2 TV.

"All of Israel is coming to watch Leonard Cohen. It's really great," Messing said.
AyalaBE

Post by AyalaBE »

Where does one find second hand tickets in Israel? After months of waiting and watching for them to go on sale, I was in Ireland on the day it happened, and missed it! :(

Am an olah chadasha, so don't have a clue where to begin looking for them...

Ayala
gever27

Post by gever27 »

hey ayala.unless you want to buy from scalpers in yad2 and homelss web sites,i can
suggest you to go to leonard cohen's israeli fan club-you will have to pay 84 shekels
to register to the fan club and as a fan club member you will be able to buy a ticket
that reserved only for the fan club members.

the address is :http://leonard.co.il
i'm also will join the fan club soon in order to get myself a ticket.
AyalaBE

Post by AyalaBE »

Thanks for the suggestion , I get emails from the fan club but didn't realise they had tickets.

Anyway, some more tickets went on sale - they moved a sound tower and that freed up 1000 more seats - it was reported on Haaretz. So we got tickets! I just checked and there are still some tickets available on the vendors website http://www.leaan.co.il
:D :D :D :) :) 8) 8)
HarajukuGirl

Post by HarajukuGirl »

I myself set hours in front the computer until I finally got my ticket. Does anyone knows if there is rides to the concert?
AyalaBE

Post by AyalaBE »

Good question... I wonder if there are any coaches going from Jerusalem?
Last edited by AyalaBE on Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gever27

Post by gever27 »

HarajukuGirl wrote:I myself set hours in front the computer until I finally got my ticket. Does anyone knows if there is rides to the concert?
hey,as much as i know,there are no rides to the concert.
i can suggest you to come by train to "bney-brak" station and from the station there is a 5-10 minutes of walking.
Mazal

Post by Mazal »

Apparently it's easy to get there by train and there will be extra trains after the concert is finished - see the Rakevet Israel website (in Hebrew):

http://www.rail.co.il/HE/Fun/Events/Pag ... Cohen.aspx

The homepage in English doesn't mention the information above, but can be useful when planning your journey: http://www.rail.co.il/EN/Pages/HomePage.aspx

Shana tova and enjoy the concert!
...wishing I could join you, but happy to have seen LC 3 times ;-)

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”