LEONARD IS FEELING FINE

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
leoyigit

Re: LEONARD IS FEELING FINE

Post by leoyigit »

we wish best for you! :cry: :cry: :neutral: :neutral:
we love you....
my best regards..
Léo
--
one of us cannot be wrong...
Juan Luis Corcobado

Post by Juan Luis Corcobado »

There is something very important in Leonard, in addition to his music and his poetry: his professionalism. An example of determination and will to live.

We all love him.
Juan Luis Corcobado Cartes
Pal. Deportes de Madrid 1993 | Passeio Marítimo de Algés Lisboa 2008 | Pav. Atlântico Lisboa 2009 | Pal. Deportes de Madrid 2009 | Pav. Atlântico Lisboa 2010 | Pav. Atlântico Lisboa 2012 | The O2 Dublin 2013
corcobado[at]gmail.com
hazey

Post by hazey »

Take care and all the rest you need ! We're pleased to know you are already feeling better..
1988 : Madrid / 2008 : London O2 Jul 17 / 2009: Madrid, Bilbao / 2010: Lisboa, Tours / 2012: Paris 2x, Madrid, Lisboa / 2013: Paris, Roma, Brighton
edlosi

Post by edlosi »

Puddingdale wrote:
I am glad I only read about it all after Leonard's feeling better and not yesterday.
That's just what I thought/felt.

Dear Leonard, please take care.
Last edited by edlosi on Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unspoken Words

Post by Unspoken Words »

Leonard,

Take care and all the best...go with your heart and take it easy
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

From Yahoo News - Associated Press
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090919/ap_ ... nard_cohen
Leonard Cohen Recovers from Collapse
AP
LC recovers.jpg
LC recovers.jpg (16.47 KiB) Viewed 2848 times

File - Musician Leonard Cohen poses backstage at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame AP – File - Musician Leonard Cohen poses backstage at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony after …
By HAROLD HECKLE, Associated Press Writer Harold Heckle, Associated Press Writer – 1 hr 31 mins ago

MADRID – Leonard Cohen is recovering after collapsing onstage while on tour in eastern Spain, his music company said Saturday.

The veteran poet and performer has been released from hospital after suffering from a stomach complaint, Doctor Music Concerts said in a statement.

Cohen was part-way through his song "Bird on the Wire" in Valencia when he fainted, causing the band to stop playing to rush to his aid as concertgoers watched. The concert was stopped.

A video showing Cohen kneeling down several times during the performance and then keeling over sideways during a saxophone solo has been placed on YouTube on the Web by a fan.

The Canadian-born musician, who will be 75 years-old on Monday, was taken in an ambulance to the Nueve de Octubre hospital in Valencia but released early Saturday, Barcelona-based Doctor Music Concerts said.

Cohen was due to perform the last show of his Spanish tour at the Palau Sant Jordi concert hall in northeastern Barcelona on Monday. Trucks carrying Cohen's show had arrived at the hall on Saturday morning and were to set up as normal, a spokesman for the concert hall said.

Cohen had to come out of retirement five years ago when he discovered that most of his retirement fund had disappeared in a disputed case of mismanagement.

After leaving Spain Cohen was due to perform next at the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, Florida on Oct. 17, his Web site said.
st theresa

Post by st theresa »

I am so glad I was where I was last night and heard from his son that he was well before I heard that he had been ill. Adam's performance last night reflected I think his relief at finding out that his dad was fine. I could literally see Leonard's spirit in him.
susanne30072009

Post by susanne30072009 »

Just see and heard the news. We are very, very glad, that Mr. Cohen getting better. It was a horror to see this. We was in Zürich, Lissabon and Madrid. And the Tour goes nearly 1 1/2 years, and will go on. Sure, as a Fan, we will be happy, if Mr. Cohen continues touring on and on. But take care. You're Health is much, much more important than the Concerts are. Please, make a complete and full recovering before you go on stage. But sure, you know for the best, what you needed.
All the best for you, Mr. Cohen, you desearve it, really. You give so much to a lot of people, you desearve even more! Wish you all the best, take care: Susanne
Rock Chick

Post by Rock Chick »

Oh my goodness! What terribly shocking news this is. The initial headlines I read have left me so shaken and numb. It's such a relief to read more reassuring news on the forum. I'm heading off to Barcelona shortly and would much rather the concert was cancelled if dear Leonard doesn't feel fully fit.

Take care, Leonard.... we all love you more than words can say!

Karen xxx
douglas07

Post by douglas07 »

thx g-d you re feeling better, leonhard; but c`mon: we all know that you are already planning a european tour around the 80th birthday

LaChaim
Last edited by douglas07 on Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
1970s "Beautiful Loosers"; 1980s "Poems of ..."
UH Tour: Oslo-Copenhagen-Cologne; Odense; OI-Tour:Ghent-Odense
seadove

Post by seadove »

Baruch Merapey Cholim! Get well soon Lennie!!
pegasus4

Post by pegasus4 »

Speedy recovery Leonard. We love you and very best wishes always.So good to hear positive news you are feeling fine.
jdhayes

Post by jdhayes »

If I know Leonard's sense of humour he will say something like: "Rumours of my demise are greatly exaggerated". Wishing you the best of health and many more years of song and poetry and romance.
2xDublin 2008, 2xDublin 2009, Berlin, Beacon Theatre 2009, Cardiff, Birmingham, 2xSligo 2010, 3 x Dublin 2012
"You held on to me like I was a crucifix, as we went kneeling through the dark"
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

There is something very important in Leonard, in addition to his music and his poetry: his professionalism. An example of determination and will to live.
This is how I've felt as I've read accounts of this situation. He insisted on doing the show. He left the stage... but returned. He stayed on the stage... but sat on the drum risers. He wanted to continue the show... his band overrode him. They waited an hour before announcing that the show would remain interrupted. That hour was one hour's worth of his waiting to feel better and trying to convince them he could do it. He went to the hospital... and protested all the way. I can only imagine how this is for Leonard. He is so committed to his own excellence; which has always prevailed, due to his professionalism and determination. Had there been any way for him to have overridden the band, he would have. That we know.

When people play lightly and not so lightly with the words "I'm Your Man," it's situations like this that reveal and underscore just how far these words extend in describing Leonard and his commitment to us... with his infinite determination to come through and please and be there for everyone. When we say we love you and are inspired by you, Leonard, we do not play lightly with these words... we mean them with everything they're worth, and you have proven them to be so very deeply much.

May all of G~d's blessings fill you and surround you... you are the quintessential example for us all. This is not to suggest that we not honour what our own bodies tell us, but that our own commitment be as strong and inspired as your own. Your voice and delivery were exceptionally strong and beautiful in the first half of your song.

Long may you with your integrity and astonishing voice live, Leonard.

Love,
Lizzy
xoxox
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Darling

Post by Darling »

Phew! :shock:

What a relief, he's okay. Thanks million for letting us know...

Take great care of yourself, dear Leonard, we love you.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Louise

Return to “News”