YOUR PHOTOS FOR OUR MOSAIC PROJECT

This is a temporary section for the 75th birthday present threads (do not post here anymore)
Habie

Re: YOUR PHOTOS FOR OUR MOSAIC PROJECT

Post by Habie »

Wijbe, thank you for the lovely Chelsea video (and the others, all great!); very kind of you.

My broken heart is mending; these things always do, the life force is stronger than sorrow. I just wish love lasted as long as friendship, but it doesn't often.
Guess which singer most helps me at times like these? (You have one guess only). (Correct).
For me it's Why Don't You Try, Marianne, FBR, Joan of Arc... I wonder which songs help the rest of you when feeling really sad, to feel better... maybe I should start another thread to ask.
Annette : you have the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen.
Maarten - hello handsome!
Enjoy Barcelona, all of you. (Those two words together feels like a tautology - could anyone NOT enjoy celebrating a beautiful poet on his birthday in a beautiful city, with hundreds of like minded friends..?)
Love to everyone,
H x
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I thought that, too, about Annette's eyes. Astonishingly beautiful. Amazing.

Hey, That's No Way to Say Goodbye is another that's helped me, Habie... and So Long, Marianne, as you've already said. Many others, as well... but those were my singing loudly, tears streaming, body turning in circles, ones.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
a.ephroni

Post by a.ephroni »

You guys are very kind. And all very beautiful. To me, the beauty is all about how sincere and present each person seems in their picture, which I imagine has much to do with knowing why we're making them, and who for. :) (So Diana, you should stop thinking you could possibly have anything to be self-conscious about!) Isolde, I think your pic is creative and wonderful.

My very very favorite song for heartbroken times is "Alexandra Leaving." I hope some heart rest comes soon, Habie. Peace.
love,
Annette
edlosi

Post by edlosi »

Thanks, Annette. I have no hat and no blue raincoat. But "Waiting for the Miracle" is one of my favorite songs. And I tried to represent.

Love
Isolde

Sorry for "my" english.
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Throwing caution to the wind here, and putting my pic up too :). I decided on a close up, just in case Leonard is studying the finished product. This smile is for him.
Attachments
Bernadine Lynham.jpg
Habie

Post by Habie »

Hello Tinderella, wow that's a powerhouse smile! He'll love it. ;-)
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

HI Habie. It was your gorgeous photo, that persuaded me to put up a close up one.
Loved your story about your photo and I sincerely hope that your heart is mending. Heartache is the worst pain isn't it? It feels so bad but you cannot put your finger on what part of your body is hurting.

Here's to friendship

Love Tindy
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

It's great to see people's photos! In an effort to encourage more of these postings, I'll put mine here, too. Come on everyone, we're all friends here! Let's see your faces! (I chose this photo because that was my expression throughout Leonard's concert, and if I ever meet him, I'm sure the big grin will be there, too!) :D Cheers!
Lisa
Lisa sm.jpg
anneporter

Post by anneporter »

Here's mine: taken on Hydra in July, hence the sweaty sheen on my face...
1.jpg
dick

Post by dick »

So many lovely photos

So many lovey women!

Keep em coming!

Add my thanks too for reminding me of your great 2004 video Wijbe.

Dick
Mollydog

Post by Mollydog »

OK, I'll be brave too and post mine! :D

Mary
mary aaftink.jpg
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

After Mary just posted her photo, I will stay silent no more. Everyone who has put there pictures up here on the forum - kudos to you all! These snapshots are all absolutely lovely. What beautiful faces (and some really clever poses) Leonard will be able to search out on his mosaic!

Warmest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
table top joe

Post by table top joe »

I just spent about half an hour taking pictures of myself on my phone(and feeling like a complete dope i might add)thinking everyone was using passport type photos.....then i checked the second page and felt like a bigger idiot,didnt occur to me to just use a normal photo .......taking a photo of yourself is one thing but smiling for it is something else entirely :oops:

Mine wont send to the email to address because it wont recognise hotmail for some reason so ill post it here and maybe someone could send it for me pretty please with cherries on top??

I may try and find something else as i look way too serious in this for a birthday card :)
Attachments
Image0008.jpg
Image0008.jpg (9.3 KiB) Viewed 3237 times
table top joe

Post by table top joe »

Is it that my photo is too small or have the rest of you just posted the original version of your photos? :? ......i dont have to do it again do??
Laura

Post by Laura »

Joe: Very small, too small, tiny! And yes, the smile wouldn't be so bad, I think... ;-)

Laura

Return to “Leonard Cohen 75 years (September 21, 2009)”