Live at the Isle of Wight (1970) > BluRay/DVD/CD/LP

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
jerry

Live at the Isle of Wight (1970) > BluRay/DVD/CD/LP

Post by jerry »

From Musictap-
Finally, watch for a stunning upcoming title for Leonard Cohen featuring his appearance at the 1970 Isle of Wight Festival. This set will be a 2-disc set (CD/DVD), with the complete audio of the concert on the CD, and the complete visual experience on DVD that also includes newly shot interviews with Kris Kristofferson, Joan Baez, and Judy Collins. This set will be called My Sad and Famous Songs: Leonard Cohen Live at the Isle of Wight - 1970. This is scheduled for September 29.

****UPDATED INFO ON PAGE 5 OF THIS THREAD / Jarkko****
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash.
Leonard Cohen
jerry

Re: Leonard Cohen Live At The Isle Of Wight 1970 Coming In Sept.

Post by jerry »

No interest in this?
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash.
Leonard Cohen
kwills

Post by kwills »

Hi Jerry,I've only just finished work,logged on and saw this.Frankly I'm really looking forward to it as
I've been reading about this concert by J.Etherington which really brought the event alive for me.
Sounds great! :D
Manchester 19th June/Cardiff 8th Nov
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

Wonderful news! This DVD will be culture shock for newer fans - especially as Leonard grew his hair long for the Isle of Wight. When the full concert of Jimi Hendrix live at the Isle of Wight was finally made available, there was a premiere at the National Film Theatre, in London which I attended. It would be great if the same could be done for the Leonard movie.

All the best, John E
imaginary friend

Post by imaginary friend »

Kwills wrote:
I've been reading about this concert by J.Etherington which really brought the event alive for me.
Has John E. posted a thread on the Forum re. Isle of Wight concert? If yes, please post link or path to thread – thanks! (John E.'s comment below yours sounds intriguing...)
imaginary friend

Post by imaginary friend »

Oops! disregard last post – I've just now seen John E.'s thread in Live Performances...
substance

Post by substance »

This is amazing! : D
substance.
Phantom Stranger

Post by Phantom Stranger »

Kudos to whoever is responsible for finally releasing this set in an official capacity. I think the strong sales of the recent Live In London cd/dvd proves that Leonard's fanbase is hungry for more product to buy. I can not wait to hear it. :D If anyone is listening, please consider more releases like this one. So many wonderful performances from Leonard over the years that should be officially released like this one.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

I vote for one double live CD from EVERY tour. 1972, 1985 and 1988 are a must-have!
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

I can't wait for this set - I really enjoyed the fleeting snippets in the old IOW video I saw some years ago, so imagine how much greater my joy will be to have this! 8) :D

Cheers,
Andrew :)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
substance

Post by substance »

what label is putting this release out?
substance.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Legacy, a subsidiary of Sony Music. However, the information has not yet been confirmed
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
da2008

Post by da2008 »

Totally missed this thread! Very exciting news indeed... Just when I thought I've completed my collection there's something new! Just wonderful
ewidner

Post by ewidner »

Hi everyone. this is my first post since joining. I'm very excited about this new CD/DVD. I'm also hopeful there will be a release of his wonderful Austin City Limits concert of many years ago ... I saw Cohen in concert in Philadelphia on his last tour (in the 1990s) ... it was a great year ... Leonard Cohen, Nina Simone and Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan ... all in the same year. The stars were truly aligned ... but not so for the 2008/2009 North American dates ... best wishes to everyone ... ewidner
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

ewinder,

Welcome to the forum. I, too, would also love to see an 'official' release of Austin City Limits. Alas, my VHS copy from the broadcast is getting quite a bit worn.

Since John E posted his recollections of the Isle of Wight concert, and now hearing of a release of this event, I am positively salivating at the thought that I could get my hands on a copy of this momentous occasion! Thank you so much for the heads up on this one Jerry!

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20

Return to “News”