Who else has a crush on Dino Soldo?

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
lizzytysh

Re: Who else has a crush on Dino Soldo?

Post by lizzytysh »

That's okay, John... we don't mind sharing our thread with you guys and the Webbs 8) . I wish someone would speak up about their crush on Sharon Robinson. She's awesome!

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Horror of horrors - Dino Soldo with no body language in Grand Prairie :o . For a minute, I thought that he had read these posts and was frightened to continue on this path. But never fear ladies, he was back in top form immediately in Phoenix. What could have caused this abberation :? ?

Kindest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Good heavens, Mary ~ surely, he's got the confidence to handle a bit of fawning without its affecting his performance style. Maybe he needed to locate a chiropractor first. Thanks for the Phoenix update ~ whew ;-) .

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
confetti

Post by confetti »

Dino has a twitter account, http://twitter.com/DinoSoldo/
"I needed so much, to have nothing to touch - I've always been greedy that way"
mnkyface

Post by mnkyface »

His Twitter account seems to be down for the last few days! Not that I check it that often or anything...no sirree... :lol:

I wonder if it's just my browser?
"In this world of shallow, he is the abyss."~ YouTube commenter greg450318

Post by ladydi »

mnkyface wrote:His Twitter account seems to be down for the last few days! Not that I check it that often or anything...no sirree... :lol:

I wonder if it's just my browser?
Hi Esther,

He's baaaaack! Actually several entries from Victoria and the last one was being stuck on the tarmac in Seattle after the short flight from Victoria! I love how he includes the Google maps! He, Leonard, Rafael and Eddy? were in Beacon Hill Park in Victoria only about a block from where my Mom used to live! OMG.....what I would give to run into that bunch on a walk in the park!

I loved what he said about this thread and how we should have seen him several mornings ago ;-) I somehow think several of u would have taken him up on that :D

All the best,
Diana

ps..can't believe I set up a Twitter account...what am I doing :roll:
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Oh, dear... my own posting on this never made it here.

I had said that maybe it [his Twitter account] crashed ;-) . I also asked if you had Tweeted him, Mnkyface.
I loved what he said about this thread and how we should have seen him several mornings ago ;-) I somehow think several of u would have taken him up on that :D

Haha... so he's seen this thread, eh? Now, could that fact be, in fact, a Monkey clue?
I see you're not naming any names of the "several of u,"... and you know, of course, that old adage about when you point one finger at someone else, you have four of your own pointing back at you ;-) .

Oh-oh... Diana. Setting up a Twitter account now, eh? I've yet to do that. My understanding is that 460[?] characters or less can become quite addicting. Just what we need, right? Then, on the other hand, if Dino is on the other end of them... room for pause.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

oops...that was a typo! Actually should have been "several of us". Amazing how one little missing letter changes the meaning. Removes me from any participation (yeah, right ;-) ) but includes everyone else of the female persuasion. :D

Diana

ps...Lizzy...congratulations! I just noticed that you passed the 20,000 mark for posts! Awesome :D
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Well, minus one, anyway... there's was someone early on in this thread who said she indicated she didn't quite 'get it' ~ our fascination with him. Go figger, eh?

How did he say what he said about this thread... or did he just reference it, with his follow-up comment about seeing him the other morning?

uh-huh... typo, eh ;-) ? Yes, you're right... how just one teensy little letter can make a Forum-full-of-women-minus-one difference.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
burningviolin

Post by burningviolin »

Well I wouldn't like to comment on the above but the one thing he is guaranteed not to have is 'bed hair' or a bad hair day in the morning lucky duck!! :D
2009 Liverpool 14/07/09, Dublin 20/07/09, Belfast 26/07/09, Lisbon 30/7/09, Barcelona 21/09/09.
2010 Sligo (x2), Lille 25/09/10 Las Vegas 11/12/2010
2012 Wembley 8/9/12, RHK 11/9/12
O2 London 2013 O2 Dublin 2013
"I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned."
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Picture of Dino with a hat on his twitter account 8) 8) 8)
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Tee-hee, burningviolin. Men have a way of NOT looking bad in the morning, 'less they've been out all night doing all that other stuff... I hope they're not leading Fred astray. He's new to this touring thing, y'know.

DINO! Take Your Hat Off! It's the really, really, really you 8) . [Some men can really carry it off and look very distinctive. He happens to be one of them.]

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
mnkyface

Post by mnkyface »

re: Twitter: Has anyone seen his latest, about why Leonard is "off the floor happy"? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"In this world of shallow, he is the abyss."~ YouTube commenter greg450318

Post by ladydi »

Hi Esther,

Yes, I did! It is too funny. That was from Edmonton. I guess Leonard loves Chinese, and I've heard it rumored previously that he has a thing for McD's fish filet sandwiches or whatever they are. I somehow always picture him with bananas and yogurt and all sorts of healthy stuff ;-) And I also remember a post from way back last year in Kitchener, Ontario when a member saw Leonard (I forget who the other person was...Rafael? Dino?) walking to the laundromat with their dirty clothes! I loved the visualization! He (Leonard) and all the others are just like us....well, sort of.....well, really not at all.... Oh heck, I would help him (and any of the others :D ) with their laundry anyday!

I think when any group is on an extended tour like this, changing cities every couple of days, they try to keep life as normal as possible to remain sane. When you suddenly have a couple of your comfort foods (or "homey" things) nearby, even though you may be performing in front of 3000 adoring fans, temporal happiness is a washer and dryer next door!

It was also so cute to look at Joey Carenza's photostream of a bunch of them (no LC) at a Gap in Edmonton trying to find warm jackets!

Diana
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Where was this photostream Diana? In the Gap in Edmonton buying jackets? Was Dino buying a hat?

Best regards,
Mary

Return to “Comments & Questions”