SPECIAL EARLY ENTRANCE FOR MEMBERS TO US/CAN GIGS

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
ColetteSF

Re: SPECIAL EARLY ENTRANCE FOR MEMBERS TO US/CAN GIGS

Post by ColetteSF »

Berkeley3, you don't have to enter the theater when you pick up your ticket. You can go into the box office lobby on 21st St., pick up the ticket, and walk back out onto the street. You could then meet your buyer outside - the box office lobby is too little and crowded to wait for someone, anyway. It's only when you pass through the inner doors and have your ticket scanned that there's no going back.
leonardmtl

Re: Early entry to Oakland Paramount shows

Post by leonardmtl »

Berkeley3 wrote:Hi All,

(I have been a fan for 45 years as I am a native Montrealer and studied his poetry in high school)..
Berkeley....Private Message waiting for you from fellow Montrealer.....!

Leonard from Montreal....same name...same town.....no Golden Vice
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
jr0berts

Post by jr0berts »

What do you need at the box office to show that you are a member?
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Just tell them you got yout tickets at the members' sale and are forum member.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I am keeping the first message of this thread (on page 1) updated with the next concerts, but here are the times for some cities:

Vancouver April 19: 6.10 pm
Victoria April 21: 6.20 pm
Seattle April 23: 6 pm
Edmonton April 25: 6.30 pm
Calgary April 26: 6.30 pm
Saskatoon April 28: 6.30 pm
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
st theresa

Post by st theresa »

yesss! 6:30 in Calgary --will be there with bells on....Thanks again Jarkko and Marie. :D
swansong

Post by swansong »

jarkko wrote:I am keeping the first message of this thread (on page 1) updated with the next concerts, but here are the times for some cities:

Vancouver April 19: 6.10 pm
Jarkko, Thank you so very much for all of your efforts on our behalf. I hope you get the best seats in the house for the concerts you attend. The return of Leonard to sing once more, in our Spring in Alberta, after a long, cold winter...."But what shall I tell you of migrations
when in this empty sky
the precise ghosts of departed summer birds
still trace old signs;
or of desperate flights
when the dimmest flutter of a coloured wing
excites all our favourite streets
to delight in imaginary spring
" L.C. 1956
It won't be our imagination any more, come April 26th. Thanks again, Jarkko.
cheers to you
jlowe

Post by jlowe »

I wasn't able to use the members advance ticket purchase benefit and had to buy online (still got great seats!). Because I bought online, I already have my tickets. Will I be still able to take advantage of the early entrance to meet other fans and hit the merchandise tables?
Iconoclastic_Bitch

Post by Iconoclastic_Bitch »

jlowe wrote:I wasn't able to use the members advance ticket purchase benefit and had to buy online (still got great seats!). Because I bought online, I already have my tickets. Will I be still able to take advantage of the early entrance to meet other fans and hit the merchandise tables?
I'm in the same situation. I'd love to be able to go in early. Please let us know how that could work, if possible.

Thanks!
Leonard Cohen is my soulmate.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

At most venues it will be enough just to say that you are fan club member. (In some cases only will call pick up people will get in).

Here are the times for the next shows!

Winnipeg April 30: 6.30 pm
Minneapolis May 3: 6.30 pm
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Arrive early and meet one or more band members! Some of them will come out and greet fans by the main merchandise stand between the time of 6:30-7:00 pm!
Dream Warrior

Post by Dream Warrior »

Probably pressing my luck with this question... but is there any way of knowing which venues will and which will not let us in if we don't have will-call tickets?

***We cannot know - it's probably very much up to the local venue personnel. My feeling is that members have succeeded in getting in everywhere, if they have energeticly explained their status (=forum/fan club member) :razz: / Jarkko***
misskitty

Post by misskitty »

Jarkko,
Thanks for posting early entrance info for members. I have a couple of questions though. I'll be attending in Mpls where early entrance is posted as 6:30. The venue's website says box office opens 3 hours before concert (which would be 5 p.m.) which leads me to believe anyone there at 5 p.m. can pick up tickets. How does early entrance work? And how do we show we're members?

Any clarification is appreciated ~~ Thanks.

***I checked the list I got from AEG LA. In MInneapolis the will call tickets have to be picked up at the Main Box Office. It may indeed open at 5, but the entrance to the lobby is going to be at 6:30, when there will be venue staff, some band members, and the merchandise desk opens, too. / Jarkko ***
bellebottoms

Post by bellebottoms »

Hi all! Just a quick note to say that I got into the early admission last night in Victoria without a presale ticket. They weren't even asking if people were forum members, and basically let in anyone who was there that early. There wasn't that many people initially, so it was nice to be able to peruse the merch table peacefully... which is probably why I spent a lot of money there! hahahaha!!!!

I posted my review under the "Victoria April 21st" heading.... check it out! The concert was unfreakinreal! It was ridiculously awesome. It was epic.

Bellebottoms
dari

Post by dari »

Hello:
Hoping for this at the Waterbury, CT show. I have always seen Leonard Cohen in NYC but since I live in CT - I am very excited that he is coming to my state and will see him there instead of NYC, this time. Bought the tickets early and have wonderful seats ;-) The theater in Waterbury is a beautiful renovaton so it should be wonderful!

Regards,
Dari
http://www.worldstreams.org

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”