Poem for Geoffrey

This is for your own works!!!
Sideways

Re: Poem for Geoffrey

Post by Sideways »

Geoffrey, I wonder who does your ironing. I think if you play it right with Martine she seems the subservient domesticated type who would probably love to press your trousers

all the best

Sue
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
Violet

Post by Violet »

Martine wrote:Violet, I can't be 100% certain that he's never done it before, but I've never known Sirus to just ignore someone.
He most likely hasn't been reading the threads.
The only times he seems to post here is to have a go at me . . . well, at least he tries to have a go.
To be honest, you sound too nice for him . . .

anyway, good luck.

You'll need it.
Thanks Martine... you're so very stunning... I was just watching you in fabulous technicolor Gone with the Wind the other night... your beautiful face and highly entertaining facial expressions are surely the centerpiece of that film... (or is that photograph really you, and you only look exactly like Vivien Leigh?)...

Actually, what you said about Mr. Sirus suggests to me that he may not in fact be Lord M. (mickey_one, to some)... in which case.. ee gad... this whole thing is just so confusing.. although I'm beginning to understand why people suspected me of not being me when I first started posting here... only now they realize I'm just a dissociative writer who likes imagining she's different, usually famous, personas....

Anyway, thanks Vivien... it's nice meeting you, and I'll heed the warning about Mr. Sirus...
(I think)... (if I'm smart, I will)....

sincerely,
v i o l e t
Violet
Martine

Post by Martine »

Last edited by Martine on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
lonndubh

Post by lonndubh »

Martine wrote:Imaginary Friend . . . I'm just thinking about William.
Do you remember what they called his nephew?
Was it him that came in here and told us that old Willy had passed over?
Who was it that made fun of him? ( I know I did but there was someone else as well)
Was it you?
Now thats a memory --William .
HarryS was his nephew and he hasnt been around here for ages :D
I think we need William back again
Hey William while we we are still in the resurrected days do you think that you might make an appearance :?:
Violet

Post by Violet »

Martine wrote:
Violet, because it's Saturday night, and because I'm ready to go out, and . . . well,
just because I'm in a really good mood, I'll be kind about Sirus.
He is a very good looking man.
Very.
He is also an arsehole. Be careful with him.

My lift has just arrived . . .

byeeee
You know what, Mr. Sirus (and in light of some of the new info. on you that’s just come my way, as per above, a la my new friend, Martine)… anyway, let’s scratch that Cher song… here’s my real life story…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBFebjOJ1M8
FULL SCREEN…

… it does seem that you like me doing this number… in that little red jacket of yours (you naughty-nasty Rat Pack Adonis, you)…

vi-O-let let let… (which reminds me...might I let you
help me with my zipper, love?)…
Violet
Violet

Post by Violet »

... actually, I think you've really got my number with this one, Mr. S....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmMyFCXIp0Q
FULL SCREEN...

... why, it's like you really know me...

your blushing
v i o l e t
fl
o w
e
r
Violet
Violet

Post by Violet »

Violet, it seems, is now having second thoughts (a violetish proclivity, no doubt)... let's listen in...

... oh, god... I think I'm overstepping my "lurking intrigue" parameters, which I've set, well, mentally at least, for this whole Mr. Sirus business... hmm.. I wish Glenda the Good Witch would come back*... she'd probably know how best to counsel me... even when she was just Imaginary Friend, back on that Signs thread, she was always there for me... maybe if I click my little deep purple velvet slippers together.. she'll magically return...

*... as per some manner of "Time" thread, by Snev something, I.F. has been dubbed Glenda the Good Witch of the East... at least as concerns certain dire Violet contrived circumstances...
edit: OHUMGOD.. correction... that's Glenda, the Good Witch of the NORTH... how I could fail on such W of O arcana is frighteningly embarrassing... sorry, Dear Reader, for letting you down on this... but now it all makes sense, since, well, I.F. is from Vancouver I believe... which happens to be NORTH of me not East!!!.. wow, you're right, I.F., Leonard truly does work in mysterious ways... v.
Last edited by Violet on Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Violet
Cate

Post by Cate »

Well Geoffry who is almost 59, much better then 95 don't you think?
I don't actually love you or even really know you for that matter, but you seem likable enough, for a pile of words on a blue screen. I admit that like Sue I had a peep at your pic (he seemed to have a good look Martine) I realize you're a bit older now, but it doesn't seem likely your looks would hold you back - unless of course that wasn't really you and just pinned up a pic of some random guy. Maybe you're shy, me too. Try bookstores with coffee shops, there always seems to be men there, avoid the grocery store - that's just annoying ohhhhhh take a yoga class. There is an older fella in my yoga class (the only man) and EVERYBODY wants to be his partner - me too (unless my husband is reading - then I mean everybody but me)
News Gal

Post by News Gal »

Geoffrey wrote:News Gal wrote:
>Don't EVER doubt someone loves you! I know I do, and many others here do.
>It's hard to stand out when you're not even 5 feet tall

How do you reach stuff on the top shelf? Who else loves me besides you, then? Have some women confided to you that they love me? How many? What did they say?

Emotionally yours -
G

LOL I just either ask or knock the stuff down with a yardstick.

Wells, I haven't heard from the other Gals, but I would bet my pasta e fagioli on it that at least a few on here do in fact love you :) That's a big bet from a Gal like me.
ᎤᏩᎬᏗᏒ ᏥᎪᏩᏘᎲ, ᎯᎩᎾᎵᎢ, ᎠᏓᎯᏍᏗ ᎨᏐ. Uwagvdisv tsigowatihv, higinali'i , adahisdi geso (I've seen the future brother, it is murder.)
imaginary friend

Post by imaginary friend »

Caramba!

Internet was down today – based on catch-up tonight, Warren Zevon's words come to mind:

'Send lawyers guns and money,
The s--t has hit the fan'

Martine,
I was one of those who made fun with, not of, William (I was fond of the old grouch). I even remember who he really was (or rather, who claimed to be he) although these days, who knows? That could have simply been a decoy... anyhoo, I love secrets, and will carry 'em to the grave (as I hope those on the Forum entrusted with mine will carry them - Geoffrey's hacking notwithstanding...)
(BTW, In my Secret Life I'm a dominatrix too!)

After catching up on confession/redemption/other mayhem, I peeked at the photo gallery, and dammit if Geoffrey doesn't looks like V's fantasy of Sirus – right down to the tuh-hux! 8)! And what is this: 'I'm not very attractive' thing? If that is you Geoffrey, I'd say you were leaning towards HOT (in a reserved, old-money, kinda way)...

Violet,
Sorry I wasn't there for you today V.
Ditch Sirus. When he grows up, he's going to have the personality of William Shatner (Boston Legal).

(Aside: I met the lovely Violet in New York, New York after the Beacon concert. I'm obliged to report that she's very attractive, very bright, very creative, very well-dressed, (quite) tall, was accompanied by a sexy man with a ponis* and she actually lives and works in New York, New York. All of which I'm normally somewhat envious of except for tonight – tonight, I'm very pleased to be living in Vancouver BC. I may be sharing Vancouver BC with Leonard Cohen, as I write this, and tomorrow, I WILL be sharing the same (cavernous) room – GM Place – with Leonard Cohen. Eat your heart out, New York, New York.)

Cate,
(I mean this) You are pretty, smart, sexy, creative – and I'm in awe of your instincts (not necessarily in that order).

Mary B (if you venture into the furnace that is the Poetry Forum) I'll be on the lookout for The Monkey (with the plywood violin), and report.

* a ponis is a man-ponytail
Cate

Post by Cate »

oh thank you Sheila, your instincts must be good too, I was in need of some positive stroking :)
I hope that you know, I think the same things about you. You seem lovely inside and out.

Have an AMAZING time tonight I.F.!!

okay - I'm going to go hide my computer now - I was on here like 5 times yesterday. I even had it lying out in the backyard and was 'stumbling' instead of reading a good book.

p.s.
so Violet is tall... I've always pictured attractive and bright and creative I can see on my screen, but I hadn't pictured tall - that's the good thing about flowers though, they grow nicely...
Violet

Post by Violet »

... wow, thank you I.F.... I'm touched, even slightly fortified this morning by such kind words... and I agree with Cate as to your loveliness both inside and out, and I would add to that modesty, as to your own intelligence and beauty... (yes, beauty)... oh, and I told your daughter (just the kindest, most charming person)... and maybe you were there as well, that you are the most intelligent of us all here... I would add to that... wise... (The color violet, I've recently found out, is associated with that "chakra" having to do with wisdom... only, I'm not sure Violet likes the wise aspect of herself... in fact, I think she most often prefers ignoring it)...

... Cate, I'm 5' 7"... that's taller than short, but not terribly tall I don't think... so, a half-grown flower, maybe...

Oh, and enjoy Leonard, I.F.!!!... (I admit to buying tickets for Radio City Music Hall myself... couldn't resist)...

love to you both,

v i o l e t (where's this picture
gallery, anyhow?)...

edit: whenever I look back on these posts, I find minor stupid things that bug me... and well, it being a violetish proclivity, I guess, I can't leave well enough alone... v.
Last edited by Violet on Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Violet
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

John K. (in a different thread) wrote to me:
>Your past actions are way beyond anything that I've seen anyone do in this forum. It's not just a major violation of the . . .

This is a lie. I am practically the same as almost everyone else - 'almost' because I am not always good, not always a saint. I am not John K. You express little psychological and diplomatic insight, and you write that you want me banned - you unsympathetic offspring of a viper. By desiring to mercilessly penalise a person who has the spiritual integrity to admit a harmless misdemeanour, you reveal the dark and vengeful finger-pointing side of your despicable character. Yet the most tragic aspect of your criticism is not that you insult myself, John - but because you don jackboots and suggest the webmaster is not doing his job. You suggest that he comply to your set of fool's rules. Exclusion is a poor reward for confession, and Jarkko is wise enough to know that to punish honesty is to create a martyr. I am not saying you would have burned Joan of Arc at the stake, only that you would have given Jarkko the matches and whispered in his ear. And I am astonished that a person, a person desperate to incite turbulence via sentence of ostracism, can have the audacity to promote the idea that a simple and ordinary member of this little community is nothing more than a gatecrashing outcast, an undeserving person who has earned no right to exist amongst this happy throng. Shame on you! Objection overruled.
John K.

Post by John K. »

Geoffrey wrote:John K. (in a different thread) wrote to me:
>Your past actions are way beyond anything that I've seen anyone do in this forum. It's not just a major violation of the . . .

This is a lie. I am practically the same as almost everyone else - 'almost' because I am not always good, not always a saint. I am not John K. You express little psychological and diplomatic insight, and you write that you want me banned - you unsympathetic offspring of a viper. By desiring to mercilessly penalise a person who has the spiritual integrity to admit a harmless misdemeanour, you reveal the dark and vengeful finger-pointing side of your despicable character. Yet the most tragic aspect of your criticism is not that you insult myself, John - but because you don jackboots and suggest the webmaster is not doing his job. You suggest that he comply to your set of fool's rules. Exclusion is a poor reward for confession, and Jarkko is wise enough to know that to punish honesty is to create a martyr. I am not saying you would have burned Joan of Arc at the stake, only that you would have given Jarkko the matches and whispered in his ear. And I am astonished that a person, a person desperate to incite turbulence via sentence of ostracism, can have the audacity to promote the idea that a simple and ordinary member of this little community is nothing more than a gatecrashing outcast, an undeserving person who has earned no right to exist amongst this happy throng. Shame on you! Objection overruled.
Lovely.

Actually, I did not write that I wanted you banned, I wrote my opinion and what I would do "if" I were a moderator. I am not nor have ever had any desire to be a moderator.

There's an old saying that I don't claim to be above, but it really applies here:

"Feedback says as much about the giver as the receiver."

John K.
I love to speak with John
He's a pundit and a fraud
He's a lazy banker living in a suit

http://www.johnkloberdanz.com
John K.

Post by John K. »

And to add support to the context of what I said elsewhere, the following was conveniently left out:
It's nice that your peeps are giving you a pass. Perhaps it would be more appropriate for you to take it and not use this opportunity to point out the failings of others?
I love to speak with John
He's a pundit and a fraud
He's a lazy banker living in a suit

http://www.johnkloberdanz.com

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”