Weybridge, July 11 - on general sale

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Paula

Re: PRE-SALE TO WEYBRIDGE, APR 15

Post by Paula »

is it better to be 12 rows back in A5 or 4 rows back in A6. Does anyone know?
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
evie

Post by evie »

I had the same problem with the card verification screen going blank as did hs44. Been trying since 1pm and finally I changed to my old maestro card and luckily I have now got a seat - at 5pm - in A6, Row D, Seat 115. Hope I can party along with you guys in A5. Thanks for everything Jarkko, so happy now. Just need to book a hotel nearby now, anybody booked a room locally?
Evie x
I heard of a man who says words so beautifully that if he only speaks their name women give themselves to him.

Manchester 1972; London O2 2008; Bournemouth 2008; Manchester 2008; Dublin 2012; Bournemouth 2013; Brighton 2013
hydriot

Post by hydriot »

LizzieM wrote:Seems like maybe additional seats are being released during the presale as Row D is now available in Area A6 but this morning the best available was Row N in A5.
Thank you so much for telling me this, Lizzie. I went immediately (6pm) to the site and to my amazement got three seats in A6 Row D, just a few seats on from Evie. This morning was a frustrating exercise: after I rejected the 10am offer of A5 Row P, subsequent proposals just got worse and worse ... at midday, I was even offered seats in B5!

This concert is especially important to me as both my lovely children, up to now indifferent to Leonard, have said they would like to come. I want Leonard and the band to hit them hard between the eyes!

So, who is local and can organise a meet-up?
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
arisner

Post by arisner »

Thank you for letting me know about the pre-sale web site.
Just got seats in block A6 row G so am a very happy bunny.
This looks like a more intimate venue than the O2.
Weybridge here we come! :D
aplane

Post by aplane »

A5 L106 & 107, and all done by 10:03.

Thank you Jarkko! Looks like I won't need to bring the binoculars this time.
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

Best I could get this morning was A5 row N. However, I'm not complaining as old old friend who lives in the Weybridge area told me that if I could secure a ticket for her, she would pay for mine as well. That said, it seems that Ticketmaster are now even playing silly games in the way they release their presale tickets. Finally (Paula) for sound and overall view I would guess that a dozen or so rows back in A5 probably has the edge on closer seats in A4/6 - though you might occasionally get some better close-up views there. We should all be thankful to Jarkko though, because at 9am on Friday, it will probably be a choice of H1 or D8!

All good things, John E
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

Just noticed that on e-bay, fourth and fifth row seats are already being offered at £299 each, and FRONT ROW at £375 (erm...how?).
howthelightgetsin

Post by howthelightgetsin »

All change, got some! So happy, its so close I'm in shock! Thought I was hallucinating at 2am when I spotted it on the forum and saw 'Weybridge'

So nice as I get to go with my closest friend who really wanted to see him but was in Spain last year.
Last edited by howthelightgetsin on Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aymi Derham photography - http://www.flickr.com/takenby1
honeyrose

Post by honeyrose »

I only got in late and found an email from SeeTickets advertising their presale tomorrow Thursday. So I buzzed over to the forum for an update and found link to our presale today Wednesday. I logged on at once but couldn't get better than A7 Row L which is OK although I would have preferred A4,5 or 6. Still they will do fine. I will keep looking and if I do see something a lot better I may punt on those too and put these up for sale at cost here.
osmachar

Post by osmachar »

John Etherington wrote:Just noticed that on e-bay, fourth and fifth row seats are already being offered at £299 each, and FRONT ROW at £375 (erm...how?).
If they are real tickets I always wonder how someone can actually get front row when can't even get them in the presale - very annoying.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Well I got the pre-sale email from seetickets and I checked to see what was available and I think in this instance getting pre-sale on the site stood us in good stead Seetickets cannot match what we have already.
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
JAN R

Post by JAN R »

John Etherington wrote:Just noticed that on e-bay, fourth and fifth row seats are already being offered at £299 each, and FRONT ROW at £375 (erm...how?).
Wonder how this can happen? I got my ticket within one minute of 10am in the presale yesterday and only got row G. :?
2008 Dublin 13 June; Manchester 18 June; Birmingham 22 Nov. 2009 Weybridge 11 July.
hydriot

Post by hydriot »

osmachar wrote:If they are real tickets I always wonder how someone can actually get front row when can't even get them in the presale - very annoying.
On the Ticketmaster webpage, clicking top right on the tab 'Onsale...' reveals that there is a Mercedes Benz pre-sale that started at 10am today (Thursday). Presumably, if you buy an expensive car, you get a shot at those front seats!

Actually, I am not convinced that front-seats are so good when the stage is quite high, as is the case in large venues where the stalls are not raked. You end up craning your neck upwards. I am well satisfied with Row D slightly left of centre (Block A6),right in front of the sublime Webb Sisters, particularly given Leonard's fondness for covering his mouth with his left hand.

To demonstrate to my son just how good are the seats I have bought, I brought up on screen that photo of the venue taken from near the back viewtopic.php?f=35&t=14402&sid=c937378f ... 22#p165235 and positioned the cursor where we will be sitting. He chuckled with delight.
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
honeyrose

Post by honeyrose »

I agree about not being too close to the front, as the view is often obscured by speakers and stage spots. Ten rows back is a good place. I am in block A7 row L . I would have preferred A4, 5 or 6 but I was away from home all day yesterday and did not get in until late. A7 row L was best I could get on several attempts in the small hours.

I also got an email from Seetickets saying they had a presale starting today (Thursday) at 10.00am so I logged on this morning to see what was available from them. Block A5 was sold out (except for one attempt when I was offered seats 107-8 in row U) and all the rest of their seats were in B blocks. I also have a Ticketmaster account and logged into that direct to see what was on offer there. It has a message up saying no ticket sales for Leonard at MB online yet. Isn't official sale day from tomorrow - Friday?
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Our presale seems to be longer than first estimated, according to Ticketmaster:
Start: Wed 15/04/09, 10:00
End: Fri 17/04/09, 09:00
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”