SPECIAL EARLY ENTRANCE FOR MEMBERS TO US/CAN GIGS

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
stellablueee

Re: SPECIAL EARLY ENTRANCE FOR MEMBERS TO US/CAN GIGS

Post by stellablueee »

i'll be down there around 4:30 on friday, can anyone recommend a good dining/drinking place? especially where i can park for the show and then walk to the show?

thanks to all who post here.
getting thru work next week will be funner listening to lots of leonard with friday being the jewel in the crown.
lisa
Last edited by stellablueee on Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heartdog

Post by Heartdog »

Confidential on 901 4th ave is a good tapas/cocktail place, though I'm not sure of the hours. I do believe it's open at 5. There's tons of restaurants. I end up wandering around until I decide, or faint from hunger haha.
stellablueee wrote:i'll be down there around 4:30 on friday, can anyone recommend a good dining/drinking place? especially where i can park for the show and then walk to the show? i'm going alone so if there's any pre-show meet up i'm up for it.

thanks to all who post here....i'm bringing money to buy a poster and whatever due to you.
getting thru work next week will be funner listening to lots of leonard with friday being the jewel in the crown.
lisa
humanisticiconoclast

Post by humanisticiconoclast »

Keen to find some Australia audience to sujourn to the USA for an adventure, looking for a vaild excuse to meander to a concert and experience another continent, i didn't see him in Berlin but maybe Manhattan sounds authentic? Open to ideas.
door hinge

thank you Re: SPECIAL EARLY ENTRANCE FOR MEMBERS TO US/CAN G

Post by door hinge »

This is welcomed news to settle in comfortably and thoroughly enjoy the show! Thank you for this news, Jarkko.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Opening times for member at the next concerts:

April 10 Los Angeles (first show) 6 pm
Oakland April 13, 14, 15: for all three shows 5:50 pm, Conspiracy of Beards perform around 6:15!
Vancouver April 19: 6.10 pm
Victoria April 21: 6.20 pm
Seattle April 23: 6 pm
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
rocasaja

Post by rocasaja »

PLEASE... MAKE LEONARD COHEN COME TO MEXICO... WE LOVE HIM
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside »

Wonderful - the UK has had so many meet-ups and being on the other end of the Earth (so it seems), is anyone going to the Vancouver concert interested in a getting together for a drink? I'm going to take wild stab and guess "no". Hey, I had to ask, I spent a fortune on a bad haircut, thought the Cohen world might like to see it. (tee-hee) :roll:
~ The smell of perfume in the air, bits of beauty everywhere ~ Leonard Cohen.
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

linda_lakeside wrote:Wonderful - the UK has had so many meet-ups and being on the other end of the Earth (so it seems), is anyone going to the Vancouver concert interested in a getting together for a drink? I'm going to take wild stab and guess "no". Hey, I had to ask, I spent a fortune on a bad haircut, thought the Cohen world might like to see it. (tee-hee) :roll:
Linda,

Do whatever you can to do a meetup even if it's just a 'Let's all meet at the concession stand in the venue'. You'll be so glad you did! Good luck!

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
imaginary friend

Post by imaginary friend »

I'd love to meet you for a drink Linda! I'm sure there'll be others in Vancouver too. Did you have a place in mind? We could figure out an easy-to-find spot (won't be too busy on a Sunday night, I don't think) and set up a thread re. where & when. After the concert?

I will try to find you amongst the early birds at GM too. I'll just yell: 'By the sea! By the sea! By the beautiful sea!' and look for the hottest hair in the crowd to come forward.
8)
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

:lol: and she'll probably sing right back at you, Sheila :lol: .

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside »

Hi Sheila,

I think it would be great if we could get together for a drink after the concert. It would be nice to share the 'apres concert' rush...being a Sunday night, with our tight as a drum liquor laws, it might be hard, though. There's the Sandman right near GM place, they have a lounge. Hmmm... I'll see if I can think of anything 'cosier'. Or, like MaryB said, even a drink at the super expensive concession. It would be great. Yet, hard to pull off I think. I'll charge my cell this weekend (I'm not a 'phone' person), and PM it off to you. Maybe, we can work something out. I'll open a thread - who knows? We might find like-minds.

Later,
Linda.

Hi Lizzy,
Yep. I'll be singing - it would clear some space allowing me to get my ticket quicker.
~ The smell of perfume in the air, bits of beauty everywhere ~ Leonard Cohen.
bellebottoms

Re: EARLY ENTRY WITHOUT PRESALE TICKETS

Post by bellebottoms »

HI THERE!

Just looking for feedback from forum members who have tried the early entry without presale tickets? How did it go? Any feedback would be appreciated. I'm going to the Victoria show on April 21st and definitely want to take advantage of the early entry, but don't have presale tickets.

THANKS!!!!!

Bellebottoms
putitupmike

Post by putitupmike »

Heya group. I hit send at 9:03 adn all of the Oakland concerts were sold out. I bought two tickets in the high oxygen area of the Paramount for Tuesday night.on the San Francisco Craig s List. I am in Heaven. The early entrance is just icing, on what will most certainly be Musical Cake. I am not sure, even after reading most of this thread, what we need to do to get in early, but frankly don't give a hoot. No matter who they are or where they have come from, everybody attending the concert will be a delight, and I expect that no matter where we stand, we will be talking to his Best fans. I am looking forward to meeting you all. Jarrko, you are a flipping Prince.
ColetteSF

Early entry to Oakland Paramount shows

Post by ColetteSF »

I just picked up my tickets for tonight's show and confirmed that there is both early pickup and early entry to the theater for fan presales. Will-call tickets through the fan presale are available at a separate table inside the center doors of the box office - walk right in, no waiting in either the regular or VIP line. All you have to do for early entry once you have your ticket (presale or not) is say "fan club." Staff confirmed that once you go into the theater, you can't come back out and then re-enter (which is why I'm stuck out here waiting for my friend instead of inside listening to Conspiracy of Beards). Also, there's no food available inside, so eat beforehand or hope LC and Co. drown out the growling of your stomach!
Berkeley3

Re: Early entry to Oakland Paramount shows

Post by Berkeley3 »

Hi All,

I was at last night's concerts and am still blissed out this morning. I am scheduled to go back tonight and then Wed night(I have been a fan for 45 years as I am a native Montrealer and studied his poetry in high school). Still ,it was a late night and I flirted
with the idea of selling my excellent front row balcony center seat for face value and just go back to Wed concert. But it sounds like it is impossible to do this, but surely someone has figured it out. I guess you could bring the " buyer" in with you to the lobby and then pick up the ticket, sell it to the person and leave???

Please advise as to whether this is possible.

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”