PRESALE TO LIVERPOOL BEGINS ON MARCH 24

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
danslenoir

Re: PRESALE TO LIVERPOOL BEGINS ON MARCH 24

Post by danslenoir »

philw2008 wrote:Do we really think this a 'one-off' show? Is this the sort of thing they often say and then announce other dates?
Looks like there will be at least one more UK date in addition to Liverpool and Belfast (Mercedes-Benz World...unconfirmed), with more European dates to be announced for August and September.
philw2008

Post by philw2008 »

Really could do with a London date, surely there will be? Royal Albert Hall would be perfect!
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Neither London nor more other (than those already announced) UK dates in the tentative itinerary I have. (But the list is not complete).
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
philw2008

Post by philw2008 »

I see he's got from the 10th to the 15th (excluding 14th which is Liverpool) of July with no concerts booked so far. So let's hope he's spending a few of those nights in Blighty. And that he does Chelsea Hotel this time.
phillip

Post by phillip »

I have bouught my tickets be my 4th time seeing Leonard! can't wait
I have been a Leonard Cohen fan for 28 years feel free to email me if you wish to keep in touch!
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I made the mistake of having a look at eBay to see what tickets had found their way there. Surprise surprise - lots of seats in Block A row D and Block 15 row A for sale at extortionate prices.

Personally, I do think the pre-sale limit of 6 tickets per person was unduly generous. People will buy 6, use 4 for their family & friends then sell the other 2 somewhere for twice the face value.

Oh, and the pre-sale password is also for sale on eBay. Hey ho.

Wendy
Last edited by Mabeanie1 on Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melvyn

Post by Melvyn »

Mabeanie1 wrote:Personally, I do think the pre-sale limit of 6 tickets per person was unduly generous. People will buy 6, use 4 for their family & frineds then sell the other 2 somewhere for twice the face value.Wendy
Yes, I saw all that too. But today there was a sale of tickets for Dylan at The Roundhouse. I think they did all they could to limit scalpers - password, only two tickets per application, have to pick up on the day of the concert by both ticket holders, photo & address ID etc - result was that web site crashed, couldn't get through by phone but tickets are already on Ebay - one £50 ticket already has a bid of £256. Other tickets on Buy It Now for about £300 each. Very annoying.

Regards,

Melvyn.
vetra7

Re: PRESALE TO LIVERPOOL TODAY (March 24)

Post by vetra7 »

danslenoir wrote:Hurrah!

Does anyone know if Ticketmaster is more likely to give out decent tickets initially, because it is a fan presale, or will they hold the good ones back to release whenever they feel like it/sell on ticketexchange?
If you check on liverpool echo arena ticket site they have gold seat tickets for £75, just checked now and they still have availability in block A on the floor!!!
Web address is marketing@accliverpool.com promotion code is PRLC09 Good Luck!!! :D :D
Last edited by vetra7 on Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vetra7

Re: PRESALE TO LIVERPOOL TODAY (March 24)

Post by vetra7 »

vetra7 wrote:
danslenoir wrote:Hurrah!

Does anyone know if Ticketmaster is more likely to give out decent tickets initially, because it is a fan presale, or will they hold the good ones back to release whenever they feel like it/sell on ticketexchange?
If you check on liverpool echoe arena ticket site they have gold seat tickets for £75, just checked now and they still have availability in block A on the floor!!!
The web address is marketing@accliverpool.com promotion code is PRLC09 Good Luck!!! :D :D :D
glasgowgirl

Post by glasgowgirl »

I have just been on the Ticketmaster site and there are no tickets on sale yet for Mr. Cohen's concert at the Liverpool arena. :cry: Do you know if he is likely to play Cardiff again? If so I will wait ........
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

glasgowgirl wrote:I have just been on the Ticketmaster site and there are no tickets on sale yet for Mr. Cohen's concert at the Liverpool arena. :cry: Do you know if he is likely to play Cardiff again? If so I will wait ........
glasgowgirl - tickets for Liverpool are on pre-sale at the moment. There are £65 tickets available in the fan pre sale (follow Jarkko's link from the top of page 1 of this thread) or you could try vetra7's suggestion and go to the Liverpool Echo Arena's website where there are still £75 Golden Circle tickets available. Click on any show to get to the ticketing website, then select tickets on the top right hand side menu and search for Leonard Cohen. It will ask you to put the pre-sale code in (see vetra7's messages) and hey presto - you can go ahead and select your seats.

Personally I would not hold out much hope of another Cardiff show but then, what do I know?

Good luck!

Wendy
Paula

Post by Paula »

I am going chuffed to pieces I got Section 1 tickets can't believe it :lol:

Micheal Jackson is a poor substitute!!!
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Well done Paula! And you can probably make a killing on eBay with your MJ tickets!

Wendy
Paula

Post by Paula »

Megan is still going to see MJ but she is gonna take a mate.

It is ironic really Megan moved to Liverpool so she will be coming down to London as I will be going to Liverpool. She sent me the link from ACC Liverpool with the precode.

I would have been miserable at the MJ concert. :lol:
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
margaret

Post by margaret »

A great decision Paula! Look forward to seeing you again.

Margaret

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”