Hello, I'm new to this forum... (introducing yourselves)

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Iconoclastic_Bitch

Re: Hello, I'm new to this forum... (introducing yourselves)

Post by Iconoclastic_Bitch »

Hi Courtney, welcome to the forum. I just joined last week and so far it's been great - lots of really nice people and LC info. Enjoy!
Leonard Cohen is my soulmate.
piñata heart

Post by piñata heart »

Hello all,

I've been here a couple of weeks and I'm only now seeing this thread about introductions. Forgive my tardiness. I'm a long time fan of the man who, I must admit, only found you because of the recent tour announcement. However, I will follow up by saying that I'm here for more than that. I'm already getting to know some of you (and developing a few crushes) and I don't intend to just take my presale password and run. Unfortunately, you're stuck with me. :lol:

I'm a singer-songwriter originally from Detroit. I was born with a broken collar bone, I've never won a game of Bingo in my life, and my favorite word is pumpkin. Especially when the second P is stressed (pumPkin).

Take care...comb your hair...

-ph
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Last edited by ladydi on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Box_of_Rain

Post by Box_of_Rain »

I managed to get my hair combed today!

Welcome Pinata Heart!
JacquelineR

Post by JacquelineR »

hi ph,
welcome. i too am new to this group although not new.
wr,
jacqueline
piñata heart

Post by piñata heart »

Right back atcha, everyone. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Diana, I'm glad you dig my little poem. It's causing quite an unexpected row over there. And as for the tilde (ñ), the keys to hit are Alt 164. Should do the trick.

Also, if any of you lovely people care to put me in your ears, you can do it here:

http://www.myspace.com/mitchhemann

Best fishes,

-ph
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Jacqueline - we don't care if you're not new - not too many of us are :lol: - warm welcome to you!

Pinata Heart,
Couldn't remember where I had read your posts, until Diana refreshed my memory. I don't normally go to the 'poetry' section but for some reason I read the thread you started with your poem. I didn't think that you had started a row - just a very healthy discussion. The beauty of this Forum is that people feel free to express their opinions and know that for the most part they feel their opinions have value and that they will not be met with derision or censure. There will be a 100 positive posts trumping one negative post. Just for the record, I thoroughly enjoyed your poem and thought it was perfect! Welcome to the Forum and look forward to reading many more!

Kindest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Habie

Re: hey there im josh

Post by Habie »

Hi Josh!
Welcome to Cohenland; a place of infinite pathways.
Tell us more...
Warm regards,
Habie x
seadove

Post by seadove »

Greetings to Josh.
sebmelmoth2003

Post by sebmelmoth2003 »

that's not much of an introduction :razz:

just kiddin' ya. :)

my favourite introduction is in the movie `performance` :

Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long long year stolen many man's soul and faith
I was around when Jesus Christ had His moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that Pilate washed his hands and sealed His fate
Pleased to meet you hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game...

perhaps leonard could record a cover version.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sympathy_for_the_Devil
MegaMilton

Post by MegaMilton »

Hi, I posted my introduction in the wrong forum, I feel kind of dumb now. I'm a big movie fan. A couple of my favorite directors are Jean-Luc Godard and Werner Herzog. I discovered Leonard Cohen by watching Shrek. I did some searching on his song Hallelujah. I then picked up The Essential Leonard Cohen and then I just bought all his albums.
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Hi MegaMilton,

This forum is soooo very vast, it's easy to be in the wrong place - glad you finally made it here.
The Essential is a really good starting point. You really dove in head first by buying all of them 8) . Hope you are enjoying. Have you been able to make it to any of the concerts?

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
MegaMilton

Post by MegaMilton »

Leonard was very close to me back in May I think, he was in Detroit at the Fox theater, I didn't have the money. I think he has a concert coming up in Cleveland soon, but again I can't afford it. I'd love to see him live, I really enjoyed Live In London. I'm also looking forward to the release of Live From The Isle of Wight. I hope I get to see him some day. I really am enjoying his albums. Songs of Love and Hate and I'm Your Man are my top picks. Bye for now.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Oh, dear, MegaMilton ~ Even if you can only manage a 'cheap' seat to see Leonard, please find some way! Believe me, I understand finances... but you must! [I've also written you in your original thread ;-) .]

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Hi MegaMilton, welcome! (I just replied to your comment about Hallelujah, and I didn't realize that you were new!) I've only been here 4 or 5 months myself, but it's a fun site, and I'm glad that you've discovered the forum and, more importantly, that you've discovered Leonard Cohen's wonderful music! Enjoy!

Return to “Comments & Questions”