Extra shows in New York and Los Angeles now announced

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jarkko
Site Admin

Extra shows in New York and Los Angeles now announced

Post by jarkko »

To accomodate overwhelming popular demand, AEG Live has announced the addition of two more concerts:

- 2nd concert in New York at New York’s Radio City Music Hall on Sunday, May 17.
- 2nd concert in Los Angeles at the Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles on Saturday, April 11.

These 2nd shows will go on sale beginning Monday, March 9th, 2009 at 10:00AM local time, simultaneously with the 1st concerts!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
sharong

Re: Extra shows in New York and Los Angeles now announced

Post by sharong »

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2 ... n_a_1.html
To accommodate overwhelming popular demand, AEG Live has announced the addition of a second Leonard Cohen show at New York's Radio City Music Hall on Sunday, May 17. This newly added second date follows the originally scheduled concert on Saturday, May 16, which attracted an incredible fan response when it was announced with an American Express early ticket on-sale last week. Audiences are clamoring for a chance to catch this intimate, superbly crafted concert as part of Cohen's 2009 North American Tour, featuring the singer/songwriter/poet, his acclaimed band, and a beloved catalog of music.

Tickets for both Radio City Music Hall shows-on Saturday, May 16 and Sunday, May 17-will go on sale beginning Monday, March 9th, 2009 at 10:00AM local time.... NPR is broadcasting select songs from Leonard Cohen's February 19th performance at New York's historic Beacon Theatre-his long-awaited first stateside performance in more than 15 years.

A "friends and family" presale begins Friday at 10 AM for the May 16th Radio City show (the password might be thisisnottherealone ). A Fan Club presale begins Saturday at 10 AM. Regular sale begins Monday at 10 AM which is when the May 17th show goes on sale, though at the moment it still isn't listed on Ticketmaster.

In related news, Ticketmaster can't get out of the news. To quote Reuters, "Ticketmaster settled with the state of New Jersey to resolve more than 2,000 complaints over how it had handled ticket sales for Bruce Springsteen concerts, and Canadians are now complaining about inflated prices to hear Leonard Cohen."

New shows have also been announced in Boston, Austin, Oakland, and Chicago. Videos from the Beacon Theatre show, and updated tour dates, below...

For anyone coming to NY for Saturday or Sunday, John Prine is playing the Beacon on Friday night before these shows.... it can Prine, one of the greatest American Songwriters and Cohen, one of the greatest Canadian Songwriters....

dont miss Prine
HMUnger

Post by HMUnger »

Wow. They're already advertising all of the shows. I was just on MarketWatch.com and saw an ad. Rather strange.
surfergirl

Post by surfergirl »

Thanks Jarkko! :D
I was cautioned to surrender, this I could not do . . . .
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Oh dear, they've given the password away! :lol: :lol: :lol:

W
siouxsiek

Post by siouxsiek »

could you give it away again?

john prine
sonofhender

Post by sonofhender »

thanks for the info. i'd be happy as a sardine in a can to see prine and cohen in the same weekend. wow.
jpbenet

Post by jpbenet »

Is there a special code or ID for this mornings Fan Club sale for NYC that I need to give?? JPB
brambers
Location: Seattle on the 9th, Portland on the 11th, Vancouver on the 12th

Post by brambers »

I believe password will be posted very shortly (at 10 am New York time) -- may even be embedded in the link.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=13489
Damfino

Post by Damfino »

Ticket buying links are beginning to appear — but for Radio City, only the Special Tour Package is offered as an option.
2-19-09 - Beacon, NYC / 5-14-09 - Palace, Waterbury, CT / 5-15-09 - Webb Sisters - Webster Hall, NYC / 5-16-09 - Radio City, NYC / 5-30-09, Boston, MA / 10-17-09 - MSG, NYC / 11-5-09 - Nashville, TN / ??
katejennings

Post by katejennings »

passwords aren't working! any suggestions?
woolwork

Post by woolwork »

i found using Jarkko's links on the password page brought me to the ticketmaster page w/fanclub presale... hope you had success...
stellablueee

Post by stellablueee »

the password for the los angeles show IS case sensitive/sb: JIKAN
i didn't have any better luck at getting a pit ticket so i'm sticking to the AMEX ticket i bought last week. maybe i'll have some luck getting a pit ticket for the saturday show when it goes on sale monday.
surfergirl

Post by surfergirl »

Hmm, when I went on, the password was NOT case sensitve. However, I agree, there were no pit seats available and my Amex tickets (row D vs. row W) were infinitely better. I am still grateful for having the password and the opportunity to purchase tickets, so thanks Jarkko!
I was cautioned to surrender, this I could not do . . . .
stellablueee

Post by stellablueee »

i didn't do as well with the amex presale (row NN center left) and was offered W center left today. i've checked back throughout the day and a few of the $129 tix came up, but i just stayed with what i had finances being what they are today (and it wouldn't take the lower case password, i tried again)
i wanted to treat myself for my 50th bday, but unless someone offers me a pit ticket at face value, i'll just be happy i get to hear
this beautiful soul sing to me at all!
definite thanks to Jarkko!!!! and everyone in this community.

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”