friends and family presale

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
mutti

friends and family presale

Post by mutti »

Does anyone know what the friends and family presale is and what the password is?
I am going to try to buy a better ticket on the public sale Monday for Seattle
but saw this and was wondering if this is something anyone knows about?
thanks
BY the way I did get one good seat thru the forum presale so am grateful for that..but now need more..
hope it doesn't sell out in 10 minutes..
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
colombo

Friends and family presale

Post by colombo »

"Friends and family" is a common term in the industry for seats held back for folks acquainted with someone in the production or the house crew.
I'm not sure how it's working for the various locations, but FWIW, the presale passwords were identical for all of the fan club, AEG, and radio presales that occurred on the same date. If you find one friends and family password for one location, chances are good that it will work at another location having its presale the same day. From what I can tell here in Oakland, the F/F presale had access to the best seats in the house, unlike the other presales. Some scalper has 6 of the front row pit $251 seats listed on Stubhub at $999 each promising next day delivery, so you know these are not the "will call" variety. Oh, and the only way to get 6 tickets was through the F/F since the fan club limits were 2 and AMEX/AEG/Radio presale limits were 4. With "friends" like these...well, you know the rest.
Last edited by colombo on Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
mutti

Re: friends and family presale

Post by mutti »

any idea what the password was? or is this cheating?
1988 Vancouver
colombo

Cheating?

Post by colombo »

What do you mean? If you have the password, use it!
mutti

Post by mutti »

I don't have the password but if I did or anyone has it to share I would definitely use it..
thanks
1988 Vancouver
mirka

Post by mirka »

I should have waited for "Family and friends" presale, a pair of Orchestra row C tickets for Oakland show is $749.99 on Ebay.
The seller seems to be a professional scalper though.
/Warsaw March 22 1985 / Halifax May 16 /Charlottetown May 18 / Dublin June 15 / Vienna Sept 24 2008/
Oakland April 13, 14, 15, San Jose Nov 13 2009/
Las Vegas Dec 11 2010/ Oakland March 2 2013/
colombo

Oakland 4/13 and 4/14

Post by colombo »

Look for a second show in Oakland to go on sale shortly after the first one sells out. There will be no presales for this second show, so if you are unsuccessful finding the seats of your dreams for the first show, I think your chances will be better for the second show.

It is ironic that the only seats that were restricted to "will call only" were the 2 seats/customer fan club tickets.

AMEX/AEG/KFOG tickets were 4/customer with no delivery restrictions.

And the best seats were for "Friends and Family" 6/customer. These are the ones showing up on scalper sites right now.

Of course, LC is all about irony so this is rather poetic.
mirka

Re: Oakland 4/13 and 4/14

Post by mirka »

I don't find it poetic, sorry.
The same idea of exploiting most enthusiastic fans was used earlier during this tour (I wrote about it during European leg), the tickets offered for 'fans pre-sale' were mediocre ones.
I should know better, now I'm stuck with 2 surplus "will call only" tickets... :( :(
/Warsaw March 22 1985 / Halifax May 16 /Charlottetown May 18 / Dublin June 15 / Vienna Sept 24 2008/
Oakland April 13, 14, 15, San Jose Nov 13 2009/
Las Vegas Dec 11 2010/ Oakland March 2 2013/
micropup2008

Re: Oakland 4/13 and 4/14

Post by micropup2008 »

Be thankful. Most people got nothing.
mirka wrote:I don't find it poetic, sorry.
The same idea of exploiting most enthusiastic fans was used earlier during this tour (I wrote about it during European leg), the tickets offered for 'fans pre-sale' were mediocre ones.
I should know better, now I'm stuck with 2 surplus "will call only" tickets... :( :(
Ron
micropup2008

Post by micropup2008 »

Through google, I found a bunch of passwords for the friends and family presale on some internet site, but none of them worked.
Ron
TheWalrus

Re: Cheating?

Post by TheWalrus »

colombo wrote:What do you mean? If you have the password, use it!
There is some concern - and I share this - about using a password if you don't obtain it through some offical channel. I got a working password for the show off of the internet, bought two AEG tickets, but still felt off about it. Ended up getting two, better, tickets today, and feel substantially better about it.

Of course now I have a surplus of tickets and less money.
malonious

Re: Cheating?

Post by malonious »

TheWalrus wrote:
colombo wrote:What do you mean? If you have the password, use it!
There is some concern - and I share this - about using a password if you don't obtain it through some offical channel. I got a working password for the show off of the internet, bought two AEG tickets, but still felt off about it. Ended up getting two, better, tickets today, and feel substantially better about it.

Of course now I have a surplus of tickets and less money.
how many seats can you sit it at once?
sharong

Post by sharong »

DOES ANY ONE HAVE THE PASSWORD
ursus

Los Angeles "Friends and Family" password.

Post by ursus »

Hey Cohen fans.

I was trying to find the Los Angeles "friends and family" presale code on the internet for hours, with no luck. Then I decided to try typing in random song titles to no avail. I searched for a list of Cohen's songs and scrolled down the hundreds of songs looking for a likely suspect for a password. A few looked good, "Bird On A wire", "You Know Who I am", etc. I tried about 15 and none worked, and then I decided I would try one more before giving up. I saw the title "The Great Event." It worked. Be sure to type it in with no spaces. Fans first!

Good luck,

-ursus-
da2008

Re: Los Angeles "Friends and Family" password.

Post by da2008 »

Thank you!! Indeed, it is! No spaces though. On a sadder note, they only have row WW for New York at $250/ticket. Pass.

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”