A Very Important Announcement # 2 Coming

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
dyanowsk

Re: A Very Important Announcement # 2 Coming

Post by dyanowsk »

substance wrote:AWESOME!:D Thanks for the help!
http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/tour2008-1.html

Here is the link
micropup2008

Post by micropup2008 »

Jarkko, do you know if it will it be possible to buy pre-sale tickets at the box office rather than from Ticketmaster or other ticket agency? :D
Ron
substance

Post by substance »

I am sure he will announce at least 3 shows in TO and 2 in MTL sometime in June/July!!!
:D
substance.
giddi

Post by giddi »

Dream Warrior wrote:If you go to the MAIN page of Leonard Cohen Files, NOT Forum page, and scroll down you will see the annouoncement. Also, if you click where it says to do so: Click here to get all the details!, it will open another page with all the North Am tour info. Hope this helps.

Liam
I couldn't find that link in the announcement
phillip

Post by phillip »

nothing listed???
I have been a Leonard Cohen fan for 28 years feel free to email me if you wish to keep in touch!
dashford

Post by dashford »

micropup2008 wrote:Jarkko, do you know if it will it be possible to buy pre-sale tickets at the box office rather than from Ticketmaster or other ticket agency? :D
It's an Internet pre-sale, and they're doing it "will call" so the tickets can't be scalped. Box office pre-sales would rather defeat the purpose.
ragsoflight

Post by ragsoflight »

I already asked this in another thread, but since this is where all the discussion is happening...
Are ticket prices going to be announced before the presale days?
Walsh75

Post by Walsh75 »

First off. Hello, I'm new here.

Wow! I am super excited to see Mr. Cohen will be coming to Detroit. I live less than 30 mins. from The Fox and managed to get front row tickets there for Van Morrison back in July. I hope to have the same luck here!

I'm wondering how the pre-sale will work? I hope you don't have to have an American Express card for it. Back in the summer I was approved for an AMEX card as I wanted conerts tickets then. However I got rid of it real quick when they told me for the first year the card balance had to be paid in full each month. As a huge concert goer, I didn't want to risk getting carried away. Especially in this bad state and national economy.
VladN

Post by VladN »

YEEESSSS!!!!!
A Dream come true!!! SO MANY CONCERTS!!! :shock:
jarkko, you're the best, I am speechless, I .. ahhhhhh there's no going back to sleep now, I'm starting to plan my next few months :D
dashford

Post by dashford »

Walsh75 wrote:I'm wondering how the pre-sale will work? I hope you don't have to have an American Express card for it. Back in the summer I was approved for an AMEX card as I wanted conerts tickets then. However I got rid of it real quick when they told me for the first year the card balance had to be paid in full each month. As a huge concert goer, I didn't want to risk getting carried away. Especially in this bad state and national economy.
It's just a straightforward Internet pre-sale -- any Visa/MC/AmEx/etc. card will do. Some tours (or even venues) are sponsored in part by a particular card, so the pre-sale takes only that card, or you need that card for VIP seats, etc., etc. These *can* be useful -- I can get good seats at a local jazz club by using a certain card, even if I buy tickets late. But this isn't one of those.
honey604

Post by honey604 »

Joy, joy, joy! There's a Boston date in May! I will try to navigate the pre-sale through this site on the 25th (if I'm interpreting all the information right). Attended one of the Montreal concerts last June and it blew me away. Must see Leonard again! :D
dashford

Post by dashford »

honey604 wrote:Joy, joy, joy! There's a Boston date in May! I will try to navigate the pre-sale through this site on the 25th (if I'm interpreting all the information right). Attended one of the Montreal concerts last June and it blew me away. Must see Leonard again! :D
Some sources are listing a second Boston date on May 30, but that doesn't seem to be on the official schedule yet. In all likelihood they'll announce the second show after the first one goes on sale.
Walsh75

Post by Walsh75 »

"It's just a straightforward Internet pre-sale -- any Visa/MC/AmEx/etc. card will do. Some tours (or even venues) are sponsored in part by a particular card, so the pre-sale takes only that card, or you need that card for VIP seats, etc., etc. These *can* be useful -- I can get good seats at a local jazz club by using a certain card, even if I buy tickets late. But this isn't one of those."

Thanks for that info. Dashford.

I see you mention VIP seats. I wonder if that's like the deal I had with Van Morrison at The Fox? Those main floor seats went for $300. BUT if you wanted a chance to be in front row or the first 5 rows, it cost you an extra $100 for "VIP". So I ended up paying $415 total for front row due to the shipping and handling cost for the ticket.
woolwork

Post by woolwork »

So the NYTimes review... give the info that tickets go onsale on Friday and the URL for the website... so what happened to the PRESALE?
i'm sorry, but i missed last night... and though i accepted the disappointment - its unacceptable... that the 40 or so folks standing outside in the FREEZING WIND... some crying out to the heavens for a ticket... could not be brought INSIDE for a measure of joy and bliss...
one couple left the concert before 8:20... they had gotten tickets... while devoted fans were left standing with their hope and disappointment illuminating the night.
jane
so what about the PRESALE ? if the NYTimes has announced the website... how can we possibly manage to get tixs???????
Yankovic

Post by Yankovic »

Hopefully there will finally be a U.S. Rollingstone magazine with Leonard on the cover!
They sentenced me to twenty years of boredom

Return to “News”