A Very Important Announcement # 2 Coming

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
woolwork

Re: A Very Important Announcement # 2 Coming

Post by woolwork »

as sad, disappointed, and heartbroken as i am to not have a ticket for this evening... it does offer some comfort to hear that there are SO many in the same boat - all having gone online on the dot that day in January... to no avail...argh...

well... i'm debating going up to the beacon to see if any of the scalpers will be there with egg on their face trying to sell their tickets at something close to face value...
it would be sad to have the audience sparsely filled because of the scalpers' greed and egoism...

to everyone who will be inside the Beacon Theater... have a wonderful evening... enjoy with deep heartedness and light heartedness Leonard's wonderful poetry and the gifted musicians and support team behind the scenes...

in the light...
jane
woolwork

Post by woolwork »

outside the beacon theater tonight -- was a sellers market ... the few people tehre who were selling were asking insane amounts of $. One woman wanted over 400 - a man who was willing to pay her 300 at 8:10pm but that wasn't enough for her.
People looking had great spirit and enthusiasm.. and hope
apparently the box office released 3 tickets to a crowd of over 40 who braved the absolutely freezing temperature...
hopefully everyone in the theater enjoyed the experience and had a wonderful time...
hope the after concert gathering was euphoric!
xox
jane
woolwork

Post by woolwork »

Robin wrote:Hi Vic,

That Forest Hills Concert was july 25th 1970. The setlist isn't known to archivists.

Could you post here what you wrote in your little book please?

Thanks,

Robin
Does anyone know the set list from Central Park in 1967 when Leonard performed (i think it was with Judy Collins)... or the one and only time he played at the Bottom Line in the mid/late 1970s...?
jane
substance

Post by substance »

12:05AM in Toronto and waiting patiently for this announcement! :D
substance.
Sochijava

Post by Sochijava »

I'm waiting in Ottawa as well. I see that there will be 30 more concerts, but cannot get further info yet. Anyone?
Toronto June 6 2008; Ottawa May 25 & 26 2009; Las Vegas 11 December 2010; Montreal 2012; Ottawa 2012; Kingston 2012.
substance

Post by substance »

argh! it's killing me! sitting here, waiting for the miracle to come! :D
where did you get the info on the 30 shows?!?!?!
substance.
dyanowsk

Post by dyanowsk »

Well, I just read the very important announcement and it is great news. Now to figure out how the whole thing works. Since I live in Chicago, how do I figure out whether my presale is A, B, or C ?
substance

Post by substance »

dyanowsk wrote:Well, I just read the very important announcement and it is great news. Now to figure out how the whole thing works. Since I live in Chicago, how do I figure out whether my presale is A, B, or C ?
what is it and where are you getting the info? nothing I can see on the board here in this thread or on the main page of this site... little frustrated here :|
substance.
Dream Warrior

Post by Dream Warrior »

If you go to the MAIN page of Leonard Cohen Files, NOT Forum page, and scroll down you will see the annouoncement. Also, if you click where it says to do so: Click here to get all the details!, it will open another page with all the North Am tour info. Hope this helps.

Liam
Dream Warrior

Post by Dream Warrior »

The A,B,C designation is located in the last column, between the venue and the ticketing agency
Minna

Post by Minna »

The info can be found here: http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com
a new petition for Troy Davis at http://amnestyusa.org/troydavis
Sochijava

Post by Sochijava »

Two Ottawa dates! I think I've died and gone to heaven. Plus a Kingston Ontario date. Amazing. Very happy Ottawa fan here.

Ottawa is group b, tickets available 25 Feb. I think.
Toronto June 6 2008; Ottawa May 25 & 26 2009; Las Vegas 11 December 2010; Montreal 2012; Ottawa 2012; Kingston 2012.
substance

Post by substance »

AWESOME!:D Thanks for the help!
substance.
Sochijava

Post by Sochijava »

Minna did above.

No Toronto dates, but he will be back in Hamilton ON and London ON, plus Kingston and two Ottawa dates.
Dream Warrior

Post by Dream Warrior »

Hey Sochijava ,

Another Ottawa fan here. Yeah, it's terrific that he's doing two shows here. I saw him in Montreal last summer and the performance was divine. Of, course, everyone here and in the media has been raving and rightfully so.

Return to “News”