A Very Special Announcement Coming

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
John Etherington

Re: A Very Special Announcement Coming

Post by John Etherington »

Hi Actually,

Seems there's no need for the credit card. Here's Jarkko's post from further up:

jarkko wrote:
The "thing" that will be announced on Monday, will NOT require you to be online at 10 am on Monday. The announcement will include another moment (not on Monday),
when those who want to make use of the "thing" in the best possible way should be on their computers.

All good things, John E

P.S. This site can be "the cradle of the best and of the worst".
Actually

Post by Actually »

Hi John,
thanks, obviously you're right regarding the credit card.
Well, I guess from now on I'll pay regular visits to this site. Especially when there's something interesting coming up ;-)
Regards,
Nico
mwaldman

Post by mwaldman »

This Day In History---January 12

1872: Russian Grand Duke Alexis goes on a gala buffalo hunting expedition with Gen. Phil Sheridan and Lt. Col. George Armstrong Custer.

1896: H. L. Smith took the first X-ray photograph. It was a hand with a bullet in it.

1908: A wireless message is sent long-distance for the first time from the Eiffel Tower in Paris.

1998: Nineteen European countries signed an agreement banning human cloning.

2009: World Wide Web crashes as hoards of Leonard Cohen fans log on simultaneously to view a very special announcement.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly."
~ G.K. Chesterton
douglas07

Post by douglas07 »

-hmmm bearing in mind that LC once had been nominated "minister of tourism" in the shadow cabinet of M.X I´d put my guess in politics again...
wheels

Post by wheels »

Leonard has graciously granted forum members a special password to be used when purchasing tickets for dates to be revealed in the near future.

There, I put it out there.

Sure hope Vancouver is on the bill!!!
anneporter

Post by anneporter »

I don't know if I can contain all the excitement:

going to Hydra in June,

JUST REGISTERED FOR A COURSE WITH THE DALAI LAMA IN MAY!!!!! In Boston, of all places),

and Jarkko's special announcement is yet to come!

the heart is surely going to open in a fundamental way...
Actually

Post by Actually »

Considering the fact that every single guess - except the idea of Mr. Cohen himself being in the chatroom - was nipped in the bud, I would put my money on that option.
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron »

Jarkko's signal that the answer is now obvious, is perfectly true. Many thanks for the information. At last I can relax and wait for The Very Special Announcement "coming to the U S A " :) Jarkko is moving to New York!!
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
maisiesmum

Post by maisiesmum »

Hi guys

The excitement is unbearable! I'm now in a panic trying to enter the chatroom, but can't :( I have tried on numerous occasions but with no success, can anyone offer any help/advice?

Keep up the suggestions, I can't think of any new suggestions myself!

Thanks & Happy New Year
svennybenny

Post by svennybenny »

What's about the offer to download all shows of the tour?
Was it just a rumour a few month ago or does anybody know something more precise?

Greetings Sven
Quasand

Post by Quasand »

Anjani is pregnant with Leonard's baby?

Adam or Lorca is going to make Leonard a grandpa?

Leonard Cohen will be speaking at Obama's inauguration?

Leonard Cohen is going to be knighted by Queen Elizabeth whether he likes it or not?

Leonard Cohen will be giving the induction speech for Wanda Jackson, Little Anthony and the Imperials, The Stooges, Jeff Beck, Bobby Womack, or War at the 2009 Rock Hall Ceremony?
Last edited by Quasand on Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

The Monday announcement will not be about any of these topics: the chatroom, downloads, online-shop, new album or DVD, family matters, politics, Obama, awards... and it's not going to be anything about the US/W Canadian tour that will start in April. It's something that - even though it is open to all - only a limited number of members will finally be able to make use of. I also noticed that the correct answer has been mentioned in this thread.

If you have problems in getting to the chatroom:
- are you a user of the mIRC software?
- have you noticed that the server has changed and is irc.leonardcohenfiles.com
- the channel is the old #CohenFans

I have not chatted in ages so can't say whether there is a more general technical problem. If there is, Rauli will solve it in no time, but unfortunately he is abroad now and will be back on Monday.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
FOXWOOD

Post by FOXWOOD »

This can only mean it's one of the following...
a "never ending tour", he is taking part in the picture game or mickey_one was correct about the nipple piercing.
I am sure we would be happy with any of these!
Royal Albert Hall London 1988, Manchester Opera House 18th June 2008,
Manchester Arena 30th Nov 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009,
Lissadell House 31st July 2010, Dublin 11th & 12th September 2012, London O2 21st June 2013,
Manchester Arena 31st Aug 2013,Leeds 7th September 2013
Actually

Post by Actually »

Well, it would definitely be the best thing in the world to have Mr. Cohen also going on "NET", but I'd have to win the lottery then...
Or just move into my car, sell everything I own and live on instant coffee & cheap cigarettes from friendly neighboring countries - the usual. ;-)
A.Sukitu

Post by A.Sukitu »

...Leonard to continue touring forever as he is enjoying it so much ... and playing the Moonlight Sonata backwards to make everything right in the universe ... ?

Jarkko - you said that you'd post more information tomorrow (Sunday)??
"You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. ... You gave the injury a tongue to heal itself."
Leonard Cohen in Book of Mercy (1984) Ch. 19.

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”