Please Leonard Cohen, come to Spain in Fall

September 21 - November 30, 2008. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Your_Man

Please Leonard Cohen, come to Spain in Fall

Post by Your_Man »

Your Spanish fans would be delighted if you came to Spain in Fall, because the only Spanish tour date now is at the Benicàssim Festival, where it seems that the show will only be 1 hour long.

We need more from you! ;-)
Nasio

Re: Please Leonard Cohen, come to Spain in Fall

Post by Nasio »

There was some piece of news months ago stating that Mr. Cohen was going to Cap Roig (Girona) in August 14th or 15th, but this has not been confirmed... and in the Cap Roig website it's Julio Iglesias those days :-(

So please, Mr Cohen, how about Madrid in Fall?
nuria

Post by nuria »

Could I know if there is any possibility that Leonard Cohen comes to Barcelona in 2008-2009? :roll:
lazarous69

Post by lazarous69 »

nuria wrote:Could I know if there is any possibility that Leonard Cohen comes to Barcelona in 2008-2009? :roll:
It wasn´t that long ago Jarkko was saying Spanish fans where going to be spoiled for leonard concerts, he did remove that post, but it seems odd that no Spanish gigs except the imptomptu Benicasim apperarance have been named. let´s keep our fingers crossed.
The Guest

Post by The Guest »

Hi everybody! This is my very first message here, although I'm visiting this forum since a long time ago.

Unfortunately, Festival de Cap Roig dates were NEVER confirmed. It's very disappointing to see Benicàssim (1 hour concert!) as the one and only Cohen date in Spain this year. No concerts in Barcelona or Madrid in the Fall tour, what's happening??? Leonard visited us many times back in 1993, the 80s, the 70s... I don't understand it.

I've been told there will be more dates in 2009 (maybe a new album and a new tour?), but... I don't know what to think at this point. :( :( :( :( I saw Leonard last week in Nice, but I need more!!!
Barcelona 1993 Nice 2008 Palma de Mallorca 2009 Cap Roig 2009 Barcelona 2009 Ghent 2012 Barcelona 2012
hazey

Post by hazey »

Hello! I am also a new poster and I am already making plans to attend a LC concert on the fall. However, it would be nice if he played again in Spain. Anywhere. 2008 or 2009. Just sometime. It would be a real pleasure...
1988 : Madrid / 2008 : London O2 Jul 17 / 2009: Madrid, Bilbao / 2010: Lisboa, Tours / 2012: Paris 2x, Madrid, Lisboa / 2013: Paris, Roma, Brighton
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

There were indeed several tentative days in Spain for August, but then the schedule was adjusted so that is a break in August-September. That's why all tentative days for Spain disappeared from the plans, and unfortunately Spain is not included in the Fall 2008 plans. It is absolutely impossible to say anything about another European leg in 2009 this early. All decisions will be made MUCH later.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
lazarous69

Post by lazarous69 »

jarkko wrote:There were indeed several tentative days in Spain for August, but then the schedule was adjusted so that is a break in August-September. That's why all tentative days for Spain disappeared from the plans, and unfortunately Spain is not included in the Fall 2008 plans. It is absolutely impossible to say anything about another European leg in 2009 this early. All decisions will be made MUCH later.
Thanks jarkko for the up-date, my fingers are still crossed. I can´t help feel that the schedule organisers are a little dis-organised, as the dates particularly on the first leg of the tour where all over the place.
hazey

Post by hazey »

Thanks, Jarkko, for the info.

Definitely August would not have been the right time of the year for Leonard to play in Spain. On the contrary, the fall would be wonderful and, even if there are not any tentative dates, the tour can still be rescheduled. Hopefully.

Just the fact that Leonard is touring again makes me happy.

His performances are being top.

Meanwhile, and as I've said before, I won't miss him. I'll proceed as if he is not coming to Spain and, if he finally does, I'll be glad to repeat the experience.
1988 : Madrid / 2008 : London O2 Jul 17 / 2009: Madrid, Bilbao / 2010: Lisboa, Tours / 2012: Paris 2x, Madrid, Lisboa / 2013: Paris, Roma, Brighton
lucien_vega

Post by lucien_vega »

Hi Jarkko, you said "It is absolutely impossible to say anything about another European leg in 2009 this early". I heard Leonard was going to Asia after his European tour and was very sad thinking that there won´t be another chance to see him in Spain. For me is going to be very difficult to travel to another country in the next few months. Now i´m praying that he will come again on 2009, do you think is possible?
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I can only repeat what I already told; we cannot say anything about next year's legs... The Fall 2008 tour is coming first! Australia, US and Canada have indeed been mentioned for Winter/Spring 2009 - but all that is just tentative and speculation; ... and what might or might not follow after those (supposing that they happen first!) is hanging in the air.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
st theresa

Post by st theresa »

Canada? Did you say Canada? Omg Jarkko said Canada...I will be hanging on your every word Jarkko. With Love
from Edmonton.
lucien_vega

Post by lucien_vega »

Ok then, thanks Jarkko. We´ll carry on praying :)
valentin

Post by valentin »

http://www.granadahoy.com/article/ocio/ ... tarfe.html

Una noche mágica con el maestro Leonard Cohen: 12 de diciembre en Atarfe GRANADA
Verde que te quiero verde...
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

The newspaper writes that Leonard is giving a concert on December 12 in Granada at Plaza de Toros de Atarfe.
I have checked this news with the tour management some moments ago and unfortunately have to tell you that IT IS NOT TRUE.
Leonard will not be touring Spain this year. The schedule just does not allow it.

Return to “The Fall Tour in Europe 2008”