Venue for Dublin pre-gigs meet-up

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
daka

Re: Venue for Dublin pre-gigs meet-up

Post by daka »

Here is your seat Marcie.

Pretty good one too!!

Séan
Attachments
marcie_seat.jpeg
marcie_seat.jpeg (19.27 KiB) Viewed 2784 times
If you become the ocean you will not become seasick....Jikan (aka Leonard Cohen)

It's comin' from the feel that this ain't exactly real, or it's real, but it ain't exactly there! . Jikan
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

Looking at Marcie's photos of Irish road signs reminded me of a few I have taken myself.

This was taken on the walk from Sandycove railway station to the James Joyce Museum

This one is on the T junction in Doolin

I spotted this one on the road down to the ferry in Doolin

And while I was in my Irish folder I spotted this I one took from the first floor of the Dublin Museum Of Modern Art looking down into the park where I'm presuming the gigs are going to be held. Kilmainham Gaol is right down at the bottom of the path. Well worth a visit if you haven't been before.

Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
allanmacdermaid

Post by allanmacdermaid »

thanks ken, You have made it really clear for us to travel from the airport to our hotel.
we are off to start packing the bags now!!!!!!!!. anybody know yet if there is any merchandise
available for the european part of the tour????????
ALLAN & EILEEN.
Red Poppy

Post by Red Poppy »

Allan,
The slightly adapted Joe Dolan umbrellas ("There's no (show like a) Joe show"); the Lenny t shirts with the "Singalonga Len" motto and damellon's Leonard commemorative pastry cases will all be on sale.
All reasonably good quality (ish) and not overly hiked in price (just slightly) for the visitors.
I'm also working on getting a consignment of Blue Raincoats with a tear on the shoulder (optional) though my supplier says they may be a very dark navy (blackish).
RP ;-)

PS Damellon will be selling bootlegs of the concert afterwards from a stall at the main entrance to Heuston Station. Allow twenty minutes afrer the show. Ssssshhhhhh. NO REFUNDS
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

PS Damellon will be selling bootlegs of the concert afterwards from a stall at the main entrance to Heuston Station
How unlike what will be happening in Manchester next week in the Deansgate pub when a certain Liverpudlian will be distributing free copies ( packed in double jewel cases of course and packaged in exclusive scouserart ) of the following shows, Moncton 23 May, Toronto 6 June and Hamilton 3 June.

It would seem unfair to include any Mancs in the giveaway when they already are blessed with such treasures as those tin football cups and a rapid transport system. When one has so much it surely would be crass to be wanting more.

Ta Ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
tiggs

Post by tiggs »

Apparantly there is merchandise... hoodless hoodies, " what the f**k " .... joggers they call them in Canada :lol: :lol: :lol: ... again " what the F**k "...
There has to be a t shirt with dates ???
Please someone tell me there are black, I was at the Cohen gig in sunny Dublin t shirts....
seriously though... hoodless f**king hoodies ?????? :)
Red Poppy

Post by Red Poppy »

No T shirts with dates but some with figs!
William

Post by William »

Dear Friends & Gentle Hearts,
Greatly looking forward to meeting all my Irish friends in Dublin - confetti, MFL, tiggs, fisher, poppy, damellon, daka and tinderella, though I assume she's going to be in the area for the elderly and infirm?
Actually I'll have at least one of the Webb sisters with me for the pre concert meet up on one of the evenings.
Will wave to you all from the stage later!
God bless,
William
tiggs

Post by tiggs »

Just got a text from a friend who was at the venue and says it looks amazing which makes the anticipation even more unbearable. Thank god I'm working the next few nights to take my mind off it.
William if you are on the stage, dont forget to give the monitor engineer a hand shake or even a big hug for me. As any musician knows, we are the hardest working and nicest people in the business :lol:
damellon

Post by damellon »

"Dear Friends & Gentle Hearts,
Greatly looking forward to meeting all my Irish friends in Dublin - confetti, MFL, tiggs, fisher, poppy, damellon, daka and tinderella, though I assume she's going to be in the area for the elderly and infirm?
Actually I'll have at least one of the Webb sisters with me for the pre concert meet up on one of the evenings.
Will wave to you all from the stage later!
God bless,
William

Sweet William
Welcome to the city of determined and effortless good humour.
Your geniality makes me think that the legendary Dublin bonhomie has at last seduced you.
My curiosity knows no bounds. How shall we know you? Bow-tie and pince-nez ?
While others may be craning their necks to get a glimpse of whichever Webb sister accompanies you, I shall be looking for you.
And since Fisher may be looking for you too, do you require my services as bodyguard extraordinaire?
Friday cannot come soon enough.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.

from Wild Geese
Mary Oliver
daka

Post by daka »

Can someone tell me if this is William's name in Gaelic? ... Sainmhíniú

Don't worry about Fisher; he and William are newly discovered blood relatives; once they both get over the shock they will settle down.

Now we should all pray very hard for our lost sheep/prodigal son. If we get him good and drunk and call him by his Gaelic name, who knows?!!....he may even let one of you Dubliners take him off back to the true church on Sunday morning!

Devolution, here we come!

Séan
If you become the ocean you will not become seasick....Jikan (aka Leonard Cohen)

It's comin' from the feel that this ain't exactly real, or it's real, but it ain't exactly there! . Jikan
Paula

Post by Paula »

Damellon I think the reason why Ireland has "determined and effortless good humour" is due to the potatoes. As we know potatoes are a feel good food.

"Potatoes are often called "comfort" food. No wonder. Some researchers say such high-carbohydrate foods soothe the brain by raising levels of the feel-good neurotransmitter serotonin".

That and the beautiful southern Irish accent (which in my opinion is the nicest accent in the whole world) as opposed to a brummie or south african accents which grate on my brain.
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
MFL

Post by MFL »

daka wrote:Can someone tell me if this is William's name in Gaelic? ... Sainmhíniú

Séan
Hi Séan,
William's Irish name is Liam,
Paula your's is Póilín
Paula wrote:That and the beautiful southern Irish accent

Just wait until you hear we northerners, Ours is pretty good also.

Thanks for the seating chart Séan, looks good.
Marcie
tiggs

Post by tiggs »

By the southern accent you must mean the far south :)
Being a well spoken northerner I shouldnt really say this but, Ahhh the sweet musical tones of the beautiful cork accent :lol: :lol: :lol:
tiggs

Post by tiggs »

Although you may not hear much of our accent as we generally dont talk much :lol:

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”