Dispatches from the Beachhead on the Shores of Need

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Casey Butler

Dispatches from the Beachhead on the Shores of Need

Post by Casey Butler »

Eliezar, your current room is the gourd, and I am the worm God has prepared. I volunteered to sweep floors, I can do a worm. Forgive me, please.

In that otherwise wonderful poem, Villanelle For Our Time, these lines: "Reshaping narrow law and art, Whose symbols are the millions slain..."

...Are dead. It can't happen.

The millions slain rise up in protest, for they are our proof of God. They are the only witnesses we have to testify against continuing our violent fantasies into the complete literal destruction of our species and this planet.

It is impossible - impossible, I say - for humankind to institute the Law of Perfect Liberty outlined by Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount at the cost of His own Life...

Yet instituting it now is the only way we can continue as a species.

You know all of this... Everybody knows all of this. But still we're resisting, still we question our faith, against all logic we deny the God who created us as self-aware beings to learn for ourselves the consequences of living without Him and His Love.

There is a God above, and around, and all those other places. And we will meet Him. I know that. I don't know much more than what's in the books, but I know that.

The Miracle to Come that initiates it all came 2000 years ago, however, in the Words that won't go away.

It has to be our decision, it has to be polling that way.

You've been preaching to Ninevah for more than 40 years, to the scattered remnant, to the escaped. We're all over the world.

We have repented.

Please go back to the city and give us the good news, all of the raw data you have gathered over the years from the scriptures, the fruits of your labors.

I'm so sorry it took me so long to hear. We are all so sorry we took so long to hear all of you in the Tower of Song. But we can hear now.

If your faith has been shaken because of our tardiness, we can restore your faith with the faith you have given us and continue to give us from your window in the Tower of Song. Your window is lit up by what Heather used to call a "Heaven's Hole", a shaft of sunlight shining directly on your Words.

We can also protect you, with our very bodies, can't we all? Please think about what I'm asking this man to do, review what he has taught you, and come forward with encouragement if you are so moved by your Spirit.

I'm going to post some stuff from which my faith started. And just keep posting more of my scattergun opinions and understandings. I already mentioned the "I AM" my wife and I saw in the clouds, and the puffy tablets of stone that showed up there. Very impressive - my door that will never shut again. And maybe you have the other half of this dollar bill.

If you believe this is His Will. If so, I hope you're taking a laptop with you on the coming tour. :-)

Thank you anyway, Leonard Cohen, thank you from the bottom of my New Jerusalem.

After those 27 Angels nudged me, I had the following idol help me along:

The Vanilla Fudge Symphony
Carl DeAngelis

FIRST MOVEMENT

This sphere
is near
to being done
or being one
The Perceptual Inconceptual is
and silently awaits
awareness
from we the people
in order to form a more perfect
The neurosis nucleus
must be made vestigal
so the raw flaw legacy
will be a mutation
in the new habitation
All ones shall softly
quietly express
the image of the asexual ultimate
while floating through beauty
love and peace
...more than you will know
So-so, So-so
Cleanse before the angel falls
Wall of walls

SECOND MOVEMENT

Pretty people
born of passion
competing defeating
is inevitable fashion
Taught so well
until it's too late
all the wrongs
to accumulate
Who was it that said
our primary need
is before we are dead
we have to succeed
Success in itself
must be one's own
Peace in the head
when completely alone
A partner doubles
all that there is
but look in the mirror
what is hers or his
Nothing is something
and something is nothing
the mixture is
for later on
Until then
continue how
breathing air
must do for now

THIRD MOVEMENT

Consciousness expansion
a reprimand
where is the consciousness
to expand
To say and do both
is a difficult game
where is the one
who's both are the same
Looks aren't deceiving
when vibrations are seen
but looks are just looking
Through a translucent screen
The pulpit of music
is leading the way
for all who will listen
to the silent next day
Is where it's at
really known
where it isn't
must be shown
This place has its place
not to be confused
by presuming all
and that all has been used
A beautiful person
is a beautiful thought
a living soul
unhung uncaught

FOURTH MOVEMENT

An art form has risen
from St. John and St. Paul
St. George and St. Ringo
spreading to all
slowly moved
by its gentle growth
disciples compelled
overwhelmed and possessed
joining together
in doing the best
Following following
not knowing how far
Jim's special friend
the Avatar
Where we are going
not where we have been
error's showing
"Let us begin"
Hi Ho Silver - AWAY

CATHARSIS
Casey Butler

Re: Dispatches from the Beachhead on the Shores of Need

Post by Casey Butler »

"And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:"

"And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,"

"Blessed (are) the poor in spirit: for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven."

"Blessed (are) they that mourn: for they shall be comforted."

"Blessed (are) the meek: for they shall inherit the earth."

"Blessed (are) they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled."

"Blessed (are) the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy."

"Blessed (are) the pure in heart: for they shall see God."

"Blessed (are) the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God."

"Blessed (are) they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven."

"Blessed are ye, when (men) shall revile you, and persecute (you), and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake."

"Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great (is) your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you."

"Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men."

"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid."

"Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house."

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil."

"For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."

"Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach (them), the same shall be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven."

"For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed (the righteousness) of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the Kingdom of Heaven."

"Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:"

"But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire."

"Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;"

"Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift."

"Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison."

"Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing."

"Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:"

"But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart."

"And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast (it) from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not (that) thy whole body should be cast into hell."

"And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast (it) from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not (that) thy whole body should be cast into hell."

"It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:"

"But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery."

"Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:"

"But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:"

"Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King."

"Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black."

"But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil."

"Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:"

"But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also."

"And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have (thy) cloke also."

"And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain."

"Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away."

"Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy."

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;"

"That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust."

"For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?"

"And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more (than others)? do not even the publicans so?"

"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." [KJV-Bible - Matthew 5:1-48]
Casey Butler

Post by Casey Butler »

IT SEEMED THE BETTER WAY
Leonard Cohen

It seemed the better way
When first I heard him speak
But now it's much too late
To turn the other cheek

It sounded like the truth
It seemed the better way
Though no one but a fool
Would bless the meek today

I wonder what it was
I wonder what it meant
This rising up with love
This lying down with death

Better hold my tongue
Better know my place
Cup of blood with everyone
Try to say the Grace
Casey Butler

Post by Casey Butler »

These are the days of the Church of Philadelphia, the Sixth Spirit "before God's throne".

We are the World, the Children of the World. Today we are wiser than the Children of Light, but it is the Children of Light who are steering the World today. Jesus said:
"...There was a certain rich man, which had a steward; and the same was accused unto him that he had wasted his goods."

"And he called him, and said unto him, How is it that I hear this of thee? give an account of thy stewardship; for thou mayest be no longer steward."

"Then the steward said within himself, What shall I do? for my lord taketh away from me the stewardship: I cannot dig; to beg I am ashamed."

"I am resolved what to do, that, when I am put out of the stewardship, they may receive me into their houses."

"So he called every one of his lord's debtors (unto him), and said unto the first, How much owest thou unto my lord?"

"And he said, An hundred measures of oil. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and sit down quickly, and write fifty."

"Then said he to another, And how much owest thou? And he said, An hundred measures of wheat. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and write fourscore."

"And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light."

"And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations."

"He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much."

"If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true (riches)?"

"And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man's, who shall give you that which is your own?"

"No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon." [KJV-Bible - Luke 16:1-13]
We are the "Unjust Stewards" - not because we're more unjust than the next guy or girl, but because the Children of Light see us as more unjust than they. Many of them have consigned us all to hell, in fact, they see us as so unjust.
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy."

"A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world."
We, the World, shall rejoice first.

She will rejoice when we are born from her labours in the Image of the God Whom Jesus witnessed to us by His Life and Words.
"And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you."

"And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give (it) you." [KJV-Bible - John 16:20-23]
Those who have read my posts may think I'm trying to teach them.

No, I've been letting you teach me.

And you all, my Father, have taught me well. From the person reading this to Moses, Jesus Christ, Francis Bacon (pen-name William Shakespeare), Thomas Jefferson, Mohatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King, John Lennon, and yes, Adolf Hitler and "Lucifer" (Let one who is without evil cast the first stone). You have answered nearly every question I've put to you so far.

Thank you Father, I have no more questions for Jesus.

You are here because Leonard Cohen has been singing to you for years. He is your Father and you are his Father. He has closely followed your Will and your Guidance.

Suzanne has shown us her Children and her Heros. She is holding the mirror just like she's always done. You are perfected, and so is she. Now you can see it, but she can't yet. Please allow the stone of Jesus' wisdom to rise and walk on your water.

We need to turn the mirror around and hold it for her.

If we are all the Father, then we are all the Messiah she's expecting, and indeed we are, because America rules the world today, Christianity is 1/3 of humanity, Islam is 1/5, and we're all Jews - the seed of Abraham. Those outside of her are all Jonah, sitting angry under our gourd, refusing to tell Ninevah the good news.

I am not the only worm. Where we are, our worm dieth not.

The population of Ninevah is 144,000, excluding the cattle.

Loose the FOUR ANGELS of the TWENTY-SEVEN you have bound in the Great River Euphrates, prepared for you for 391 years and 15 days prior to September 11, 2001.

Please, please, please read the Four Gospels once more. You will hear the still small voice, He will speak to you in darkness, you will see your literal sign in the literal sky, there is a literal God who is part of the Father too.

Thus saith the Lord GOD:

"And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and (also) much cattle?" [KJV-Bible - Jonah 4:11]

Let's teach each other, quickly.

I may not have questions for Jesus, but I still have questions for you, and my answers may not be perfect. Let's perfect them.

Please, if it be Your Will.

Casey
Gullivor

Post by Gullivor »

'The Grave Digger' by Kahlil Gibran :idea:
We’ve all come to
This moment
To find out
Who we are.
Painted colors
Scribed words
Sweetly found.
~Gully~
Casey Butler

Post by Casey Butler »

I've never read a word of Gibran, Gully. And classifying people is against my nature, but if it helps you, go for it.

In fact, in 9th grade I fell instantly in love with the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, an Indian girl. When my fellows accused me of holding hands with a classified "nigger" I ran away from school and never went back.

That's why this is so difficult for me... Learning all your classifications at this late date, and this fast, and, fortunately, this superficially.

Thank God for the Internet. :-)

Casey
john.m.lake

Post by john.m.lake »

Morning Casey…. Just here to say that you are a trip my brother : )

May the light continue to shine upon you and guide you for the remainder of your days.

One thing…In an earlier post, in another thread, you told Myra that you are not the Sun, not the Wind, not the Moon & not a faint star on the horizon – however – Everything is literally One. Getting a glimpse around the corner the illusion fades away… You are no more separate from the Sun, the Wind, the Moon.. or any of the stars than you are separate from your heart and your lungs your thoughts or your grave. Enjoy the ride… the good the bad the happy and the sad. This part of your journey is over in a blink of the eye.

I’m off to Heaven, um, I mean Amsterdam for some much needed R&R…
Take care : )-- ~ ~
johnlakeart.com
"There is a crack, a crack in everything... that's how the light gets in" - Leonard Cohen
Gullivor

Post by Gullivor »

Casey,
That was not a bad thing and it was not intended to do harm. It's a funny short story.
I looked on internet and could not find it???? I don't undestand that. I had a book but had a fire in late November and lost everything.
Gully
We’ve all come to
This moment
To find out
Who we are.
Painted colors
Scribed words
Sweetly found.
~Gully~
Casey Butler

Post by Casey Butler »

I'm sorry, Gully.

But you told me God slew Saul, and I'm still in mourning, rending my robes.

Almost as bad, I'm not Saul. I can't assure you that Saul fell on his own sword.

Suzanne is busy teaching him never to doubt that the end justifies the means again.

Casey
Casey Butler

Post by Casey Butler »

Hi John,

Every mathmetician knows that "God created the integers, and everything else is the work of poets".

I'm just a not a poet, and I'm terrible at math.

See there, I've reached that point of open redundancy. Too few dictionaries, need a thesaurus. Oy vay! :-)

Casey
Casey Butler

Post by Casey Butler »

OOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
Casey Butler

Post by Casey Butler »

To everybody, my brothers and sisters,

Will you examine the Scriptures with me? Shall we pray over this matter? I have not the light, I want it; for error will never sanctify the soul.

Casey
Owen Dean

Post by Owen Dean »

Hi, Casey Butler;

I just accidentally happened across this forum site and your posts. Very great views and quotes. Inspiring.
I am curious as to how you found out about "The Vanilla Fudge Symphony" by Carl DeAngelis ? And what made you decide to quote it all in its entirety ? Very heavy.
Also, are you familiar with the piece entitled "Forevermore" also written by DeAngelis many years later, for the Vanilla Fudge 40th anniversary ??
I'd love to hear back.
codesq489@gmail.com

Thanks. Owen Dean

Return to “Comments & Questions”