Chance of being pulled from the audience

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Sideways

Re: Chance of being pulled from the audience

Post by Sideways »

I am perfectly happy to wear my ankles behind my ears but I wonder which way I should then face? I don't want to make an ass of myself.
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
damellon

Post by damellon »

Sideways wrote:I am perfectly happy to wear my ankles behind my ears but I wonder which way I should then face? I don't want to make an ass of myself.
Is this a cryptic message? 'my ankles, ears' is an anagram of 'Len - ask my arse'. But you wouldn't put that on your banner, would you? :?
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.

from Wild Geese
Mary Oliver
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one »

damellon wrote:
Sideways wrote:I am perfectly happy to wear my ankles behind my ears but I wonder which way I should then face? I don't want to make an ass of myself.
Is this a cryptic message? 'my ankles, ears' is an anagram of 'Len - ask my arse'. But you wouldn't put that on your banner, would you? :?

Madam, you are lowering the tone.
cortez

Post by cortez »

I would wear a YMCA-Tshirt and cutoff jeans. If you have hairy legs I´m sure Leonard would love it. (This information is for guys/gays only.

Love you all :D
Cortez
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Haha, Sideways :lol: .

Ooooooooo... that was good, Damellon 8) .

Not bad in the buns department, either, mickey_one ;-) .

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
damellon

Post by damellon »

mickey_one wrote:
damellon wrote:

Madam, you are lowering the tone.
Just taking my cue from previous posters, Michael. Happy to share your disapproval with the acrobatic Sue and the choreographing Gingermop.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.

from Wild Geese
Mary Oliver
gingermop

Post by gingermop »

And there are no letters in the mailbox
And there are no grapes upon the vine,
And there are no tones to be lowered,
And there are no diamonds in the mine.
Elizabeelzebubeth

Post by Elizabeelzebubeth »

Sideways wrote:at some stage or other I am sure Lenno will pull fans from the audience to join him on stage. I have got front row seats and I'm just wondering what I should wear to make him notice me.I am going to wave a banner saying "notice me, Lenno. I really like your music" I am now scared that is too forward. I also plan to wear see-through shoes and hope that turns him on!!
As a veteran of several Leonard Cohen concerts, I can tell you that it is traditionally during "Do I Have to Dance All Night" that Mr. Cohen pulls a fan onstage for a whirl, a twirl, a bit of a swing. But for some reason he tends to be bashful about performing this song, so you will need to encourage him by yelling the name of the song repeatedly in as loud a voice as possible. Remember, he can hear you better if you yell during one of the quieter songs, like "If It Be Your Will."

It is also traditional for members of the audience to throw their panties onto the stage. I always bring several dozen extra pairs with me.
Tri-me

Post by Tri-me »

You are a tease Elizabeelzebubeth. I like saying your name it would be a good name for a children's book.
It is hard not to day dream about the concert. I have to admit I would be shy/stunned, I would be envious of the person who did.

Oh Leonard Cohen dance me to the end of love :D
Cheers & DLight
Tri-me (tree-mite) Sheldrön
"Doorhinge rhymes with orange" Leonard Cohen
Jonnie Falafel

Post by Jonnie Falafel »

Hello Tri-me.... only just noticed you said hi, so I'm waving back! I've been on these boards for a while, but like everyone else I've been galvanized by the amount of Leonard Cohen activity going on of late.

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”