Manchester shows

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
yousef_mcr

Re: Manchester shows

Post by yousef_mcr »

ptn - I've been trying to find out from your colleagues about the availability of the Manchester tickets from Ticketmaster Ticket Centres but can't seem to get a definitive response...

The best I've got so far is that they'll be available from "selected Ticket Centres". I live within walking distance of two so I don't want to go to the wrong one... Would you happen to know if the Palace Theatre box office (which usually carries tickets for Opera House events) is one of these lucky selected outlets?

Many thanks for keeping us informed, I'm sure you've helped keep our collective blood pressure down...
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

Just seen a post on another thread, seems Opera House now saying tickets will be on sale there from 10.00 tomorrow... you'll find it on google "opera house manchester" - good luck :)
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
thethirdman

Post by thethirdman »

ticket master have the tickets up now good luck everyone!!!!!! :D
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

Thanks thirdman... and yes, good luck everyone.... I think you should all try & avoid the Friday though, as that's a really bad night for a concert...

Incidentally, I see the Thursday show is up there too, even though it wasn't going to be....
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
ptn

Post by ptn »

I'm afraid i don't know why the 19th isn't on sale tomorrow. I don't work in the accounts department so the info I get is somewhat second hand. I've heard it has something to do with an offer for Guardian readers, so it is worth checking the Guardian for info.

The main numbers for Ticketmaster are:
0870 5344 444
0870 4000 700

The Opera House box office is only open during events. The Palace Theatre box office is the working box office for both venues, so they should have tickets for this event. (I'm not sure which Ticket centres are the 'selected ones', but I'm pretty sure the Palace will have tickets. The Palace box office doesn't take phone bookings - their number trips straight through to us.

Ticket centres work from the same systems as our call centre and website, so they will sell out at the same time we do, though it may be worth your while going to them if the queues are small. I am not sure if the Palace hold any more tickets than we get, but we are closely linked to the Palace and Opera house, so i suspect it is the same allocation.
scorpio1952

Post by scorpio1952 »

Great news, but I wish they were on sale for 9.00am, 'cos I shall be out of the country from 11.00am! :roll:

I need that ticket!!! Back in 1993, I seem to recall he said he would be back in 3 years.

Hopefully the wait on-line won't be too long.

Good luck everyone.
Life is what happens to us while we are busy making other plans.
yousef_mcr

Post by yousef_mcr »

Many thanks for all this information, ptn - I wonder how bemused your staff are at all this interest... The guy I spoke to at the Opera House earlier this week said that they'd already had 800 calls to the venue about these shows.

I've always said that LC is the one person I'd break the bank for (and even break my own moral code for by purchasing from Ebay touts if needed) and the thought of seeing him in the Opera House of all places is just too good to miss out on.

Good luck tomorrow, everyone!
Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

Thanks very much PTN for your quick reply.

I'm pleased to see that the Manchester dates are at last listed on the Ticketmaster site (even without the 19th). Will make sure I get a copy of the Guardian tomorrow.
riddler

Post by riddler »

is it better to book online or in person at the palace theatre?

i'm thinking of doing the latter...........
ptn

Post by ptn »

One last thing I forgot to mention (and I don't want to seem like some dodgy advertising rep here) - Ticketmaster do offer a 'priority' membership which allows you to get through to the call centre staff quicker. I remember being on the phones and being shown stats that showed that priority memebers get through about 3/4 faster than through the normal phonelines.

It does cost £20, so it's only worth it if you Reeeally wanna go, or if you buy a lot of tickets for shows, and there's still no guarantee that you'll get through in time, but it is another option to help you get through nice and quick.

You can buy it over the phone - lines are open 24/7 and you can use it straight away.

Ugh... I feel all dirty from giving that sales pitch... Sorry ;-)

Interest for the event does seem pretty high - I overheard a lot of phone agents being asked for information, so it looks like things will get pretty busy tomorrow. Hopefully there will be tickets over the dates to satisfy most of the fans, but it's a shame some people will miss out. Here's hoping the real fans get there before the touts!
Born With The Gift Of A G

Post by Born With The Gift Of A G »

In the words of Morrissey:

"Oh Manchester, so much to answer for...."
"Little lady.....I AM Kris Kristofferson....."
London: 10 & 11 May 1993; Manchester: 17, 18, 19 & 20 June 2008; Vienna: 25 September 2008; London: 17 November 2008; Paris: 26 November 2008; Manchester: 30 November 2008; Liverpool: 14 July 2009; Paris: 28 September 2012; Manchester: 31 August 2013; Leeds: 7 September 2013.
ptn

Post by ptn »

riddler wrote:is it better to book online or in person at the palace theatre?

If you can be at the front of the queue at 10am, then booking in person will probably be quickest, as you will be straight at the point of sale, rather than trying to get through on the webpage. If there are loads of people queueing, the advantage might be lost, but I don't know how big queues get at the Palace.
riddler

Post by riddler »

ptn wrote:
riddler wrote:is it better to book online or in person at the palace theatre?

If you can be at the front of the queue at 10am, then booking in person will probably be quickest, as you will be straight at the point of sale, rather than trying to get through on the webpage. If there are loads of people queueing, the advantage might be lost, but I don't know how big queues get at the Palace.
well i'll go at 8.30am with some food and a nice book, if the queue isn't long, i'll park arse........ falling that i'll run home before 10.00 am.......... plus they print them off instantly so i can stare at my tickets until the show.
harryboro

Post by harryboro »

Hi pt

Great to have a bit of insider knowledge , thanks.

Can you clarify - I have an option to que at a box office ( Sunderland empire) is my local one. Once I get to the front would they have an allocation there or do they pick from a central pot - What I am trying to find out is how are the best seats ( say stall seats allocated to Ticketmaster or the Box offices?

Thanks Brian
Act the way you'd like to be and soon you'll be the way you act.
laughinlen

Post by laughinlen »

liverpoolken wrote:Touts are already selling tickets for Manchester

http://www.worldticketshop.com/concerts ... manchester

What a feckin' god awful world we live in.

Ta Ken

I wouldn't worry too much about this because they are selling tickets for Bruce Springsteen priced at £193.45 each (standing) and I saw these at Ticketmaster last night at £55. So I think they are just fishing to see if anyone would pay that much...then they would buy at less than that....and send them to you and trouser the profit!!!

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”