8 new cities in The Maritimes

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jarkko
Site Admin

8 new cities in The Maritimes

Post by jarkko »

May 11 - Fredericton, NB - Fredericton Playhouse - (ADT)
May 12 & 13 - Halifax, NS - Rebecca Cohn Auditorium - (ADT)
May 18 - Charlottetown, PE - Confederation Centre - (ADT)
May 20 - Glace Bay, NS - Savoy Theatre - (ADT)
May 23 - Moncton, NB - Capitol Theatre - (ADT)
May 26 - St. John’s, NL - Holy Heart Theatre - (NDT)
May 30 - Saguenay, QC - Auditorium Dufour - (ET)
June 2 - Kitchener, ON - Centre in the Square - (ET)

Contrary to the earlier notice, no pre-booking is available due to the technical difficulties related to ticketing systems of the small theaters.

NOTE: ALL TIMES LOCAL!!! (ADT, NDT or ET - see above!)
PUBLIC ON-SALE: March 20th at 12 noon LOCAL TIME (ADT, NDT or ET)
halljanet

Re: 8 new cities in The Maritimes with pre-booking!

Post by halljanet »

Hi, Jarkko
any news on opportunities for pre-sale booking for concerts in Europe, especially UK?
hope so!
Jan

***No. / Jarkko
Plannerman

Post by Plannerman »

jarkko wrote:May 26 - St. John’s, ML - Holy Heart Theatre - (NDT)
This is FANTASTIC news!!

I was planning to try to get tickets for the Toronto show, but this is WAY better (and cheaper!)

The Holy Heart venue will be MUCH more intimate!

Looks like my wife (who loves LCs songs and lyrics, but not his voice) will HAVE to put up with his voice!!

Tony
libraryref

Post by libraryref »

OMG! I live in Fredericton! I was planning to go to Toronto. Wait... maybe I can go to concerts in both places! OMG, 35 years of waiting, coming to an end. There just aren't enough exclamation points in the world to express my joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, small corrections to the post. That's St. John's NL. And for our non-Canadian viewers, I would just point out that the last two venues and St. John's are not in the Maritimes. Strictly speaking, the Maritimes does not include Newfoundland and Labrador, although if you say "Atlantic Canada", NL is included.
Fredericton (May 11, 2008); Toronto (June 6, 2008); Louisville (March 30, 2013)
Rosemary444

Post by Rosemary444 »

Jarkko or anyone that knows...a quick question

I'm sure you're busy fielding lots of questions and I want to say you've done an amazing job informing us and organizing everything, so thank you for that.
I just need some quick clarification on something, as I am a bit confused.
I am planning on securing tickets through the forum for the Hailfax Nova Scotia Canada show ..I need 2 for there ...
... AND 2 tickets for the Kitchener Ontario Canada show.
I understand I go to the forum for the password for advance booking but do I book the actual tickets at the specified time of sale there on the forum site with a credit card ...or
through the individual locations (venues). ??? Based on the info I see over on the Toronto thread it appears we get the password here on the forum and then contact the individual
venues for the actual purchase ...is this assumption correct?

Also is it a 2 ticket limit for these places individually for each forum member or altogether no matter how many different venues one is attending?

Thanks.

Rosemary
rosemaryrich444@gmail.com

PS. The enthusiasm expressed in that Fredricton post above is too funny. I feel the same way ...Kitchener is 20 minutes from me and I was going to go to Toronto.
So utterly exciting ..never thought I would see him in my lifetime!
dannamor

Post by dannamor »

Nyc Nyc... is he planning to come to NYC???anybody knows????
Mollydog

Post by Mollydog »

Jarkko, do you know if there will be any more Canadian cities announced at a later date? I was hoping Ottawa would be one of the venues.
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton
cocktailtalk

Post by cocktailtalk »

my city! st. john's!
oh my god oh my god oh my god.
he's playing shortly after I move home for the summer.
and at SUCH an intimate venue.
this is amazing.

this is brilliant.
this is truly a Canadian tour, coming all the way east!

and a question regarding the pre-sale. I will need to book 3 tickets. I know it's only 2 at a time. Is it two per member period, or can I re-enter the password and book another?

thanks for bringing such wonderful news!
TheOldRevolution

Post by TheOldRevolution »

Oh please tell me Ottawa is still in the running!
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

we get the password here on the forum and then contact the individual venues for the actual purchase
**that's right. The ticketing info is at http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/tour2008-2.html

As far as I know there will be no more cities in Canada in the summer. The tour may continue later this year, but no information is available. The same with US. The focus of the summer leg of the tour is in Europe.
pamelahardy

Post by pamelahardy »

Hi. any news about prebooking for UK venues?
cheryl

Post by cheryl »

How come there are so may dates for the East Coast but none for the West? My heart is hurting. Please come West.
krewechief

Post by krewechief »

cocktailtalk wrote: and a question regarding the pre-sale. I will need to book 3 tickets. I know it's only 2 at a time. Is it two per member period, or can I re-enter the password and book another?
DO NOT order more than the 2 tickets allowed,per show, per person (this means 'household', two different people with the same VISA or two different cards for the same person - 1). If you do your entire order may be cancelled.

What you can do is get 2 at the presale and 1 and the regular sale.
Steve Wilcox

Post by Steve Wilcox »

So I bought tickets for all three nights in Montreal and now he's coming to Fredericton, my hometown, and Moncton, 90 minutes away. But I'm not upset - now I'm going to see him hopefully 5 times.

Since I know the Fredericton Playhouse and Moncton Capitol theatre I thought 'd share some info with those abroad.

This is intimate at its highest level. The Playhouse holds about 750 people and the Capitol about 880. In fact all Maritime venues are similar. And, there are so many dates and diverse locations in the Maritimes that everyone won't be trying to converge on one city.

This news is beyond all.
Last edited by Steve Wilcox on Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
libraryref

Post by libraryref »

There may be Forum members planning to travel to Atlantic Canada to catch a show. If you are unsure of what venue to visit, maybe I can help. I've lived in the region for 20 years and have visited all the cities.

Number one would have to be St. John's. This place is magic. So much to do and see. The George Street bar scene will keep you partying well into the morning after the concert. Weather can be iffy.

Halifax is a pretty interesting port city. There are two shows scheduled there. Good dining.

Fredercton is the first stop. The Playhouse should have good acoustics. The city is only around 75,000 people. Very clean and safe. And I'm here. :D Great hiking/biking trails that still might be wet around May 11. If you are a runner, the Fredericton Marathon is May 10. There is also a half, 10km , and 5km runs.

Any other questions can be directed to me at libraryref@gmail.com.

BTW, colleagues have been dropping into my office all morning going, "Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God." The news is spreading. We can't believe Fredericton has been chosen as the first stop in the tour. Wow. Hell, "Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Fredericton (May 11, 2008); Toronto (June 6, 2008); Louisville (March 30, 2013)

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”