Manchester shows

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
AndrewGMooney

Re: Manchester shows

Post by AndrewGMooney »

liverpoolken wrote:Touts are already selling tickets for Manchester

http://www.worldticketshop.com/concerts ... manchester

What a feckin' god awful world we live in.

Ta Ken
They don't have any tickets to sell yet, they just want to see how 'hot' these shows are from the amount of people who 'register interest' with them. Don't register! Pretend no-one's interested!

Sadly, they will have a team of touts in some warehouse with pc's bombarding the official ticket outlets to try and hoover up as many as they can. Then they'll fleece those of us who aren't able to get tickets 'officially'.

It's capitalism: Red in tooth and claw. Depressing, but part of modern life. Happens with every prestige gig/event.

All artists can do is add extra shows to foil their nefarious activities. But Leonard's schedule looks pretty crammed already.
Citizen_Kane

Post by Citizen_Kane »

I just looked around for the Leonard Cohen concerts in Manchester and found this:
http://www.manchesterinternationalfesti ... aspx?id=56

So I understand Mr. Cohen's concerts are part of a music festival. Does this mean that he's one of many singing on those four nights in Manchester? Or is it just Mr. Cohen for the whole of those four nights?

Does anyone know more about this?

greetz
2008: Manchester, Brussels (2), Rotterdam - 2009: Lisboa - 2010: Lille, Dortmund - 2012: Ghent (3), Amsterdam (2) - 2013: Antwerp, Oberhausen, Brussels, Rotterdam, Amsterdam!
Longpig

Post by Longpig »

Still no Manchester shows listed on the ticketmaster site. It makes me nervous that they aren't there yet!
riddler

Post by riddler »

Longpig wrote:Still no Manchester shows listed on the ticketmaster site. It makes me nervous that they aren't there yet!
http://www.ticketline.co.uk/news/details/leonard-cohen
rupertbear

Post by rupertbear »

riddler wrote:
Longpig wrote:Still no Manchester shows listed on the ticketmaster site. It makes me nervous that they aren't there yet!
Yes but

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/artist/733217

If Manchester does go on sale tomorrow then I suppose we have to assume that the timescale means no pre-booking?
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

rupertbear wrote:
riddler wrote:
Yes but

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/artist/733217

If Manchester does go on sale tomorrow then I suppose we have to assume that the timescale means no pre-booking?
Rupert, you'll see from other posts/threads that pre-booking is limited to a handful of shows... I think just the Canadian ones.... that's why there are so many of us on here sweating :cry:
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
Longpig

Post by Longpig »

real-alan wrote:
Rupert, you'll see from other posts/threads that pre-booking is limited to a handful of shows... I think just the Canadian ones.... that's why there are so many of us on here sweating :cry:
Yeah, I so can't afford to pay 250 euros to some scalper... :( I really need a ticket. I would settle for nosebleed seats if that's all I can get. I just have to see him sing. I have to. :(
ptn

Post by ptn »

Just an update: The 17th, 18th and 20th June at the Opera House are confirmed to go onsale at 9am tomorrow. The 19th remains unconfirmed.

Good luck guys!
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

ptn wrote:Just an update: The 17th, 18th and 20th June at the Opera House are confirmed to go onsale at 9am tomorrow. The 19th remains unconfirmed.

Good luck guys!
thanks... but.. confirmed where? Theater website & ticketmaster still not showing.... (are you the Ticketmaster guy that posted before...?)
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

real-alan

Post by real-alan »

real-alan wrote:
ptn wrote:Just an update: The 17th, 18th and 20th June at the Opera House are confirmed to go onsale at 9am tomorrow. The 19th remains unconfirmed.

Good luck guys!
thanks... but.. confirmed where? Theater website & ticketmaster still not showing.... (are you the Ticketmaster guy that posted before...?)
Ah, I see that you are, so I'll place my trust in you!!

K-Holed

Post by K-Holed »

I'm not wanting to add to the "When are they going on sale!?!" posts, but I do have one question. I'm fully aware that tickets are going on sale tomorrow for the Manchester dates, but I'm a little concerned that there's still no mention of them on the Ticketmaster site ... The other venues that go on sale tomorrow are already listed (and have been for a few days)
Longpig

Post by Longpig »

K-Holed wrote:I'm not wanting to add to the "When are they going on sale!?!" posts, but I do have one question. I'm fully aware that tickets are going on sale tomorrow for the Manchester dates, but I'm a little concerned that there's still no mention of them on the Ticketmaster site ... The other venues that go on sale tomorrow are already listed (and have been for a few days)
That''s what I meant (not sure if I posted in this thread or another though; they are all burring together). :/
ptn

Post by ptn »

It's quite common for events to get confirmed rather late-on. It's only once we've got confirmation that we put an event on our website, so it may not show up for a few hours. (The reason the other dates are already up is that each venue has different managers, so although it is the same artist, the information routes are largely seperate.)

Rest assured it will be there in time for 9am tomorrow!
Last edited by ptn on Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

ptn is a Ticketmaster employee (well, I think he/she said that...) so we're getting info just a little ahead of time I reckon (thanks ptn :D ) - I suspect the Ticketmaster & Opera House websites will be updated during today... I'm watching them on practically a minute by minute basis!

Ah, been beaten to the punch here.... thanks again ptn (can I buy you a beer???) :lol:

Longpig

Post by Longpig »

Whew, thanks for the reassurance! I feel much better. Now just to warm up my mouse hand for some speed-clicking tomorrow morning!

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”