Manchester shows

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
frankiecrisp

Manchester shows

Post by frankiecrisp »

Does anyone know when the tickets go a sale .
real-alan

Re: Manchester shows

Post by real-alan »

frankiecrisp wrote:Does anyone know when the tickets go a sale .
I contacted the manager of their ticket centre today... this is his response...

Information on this event is appearing on various websites but is not confirmed or accurate. All I can say is to keep an eye on the press etc, as we have no information to give out from this end at present.
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
laughinlen

Post by laughinlen »

Tickets for this venue go on sale friday 14th March; through ticketmaster. This is what I was told when I rang up last night.
Ollie

Post by Ollie »

There's a brief article on Leonard's shows in today's Manchester Evening News which says tickets go on sale on Friday too. It then gives the ticketmaster.co.uk website so fingers crossed.
frankiecrisp

Post by frankiecrisp »

Ollie wrote:There's a brief article on Leonard's shows in today's Manchester Evening News which says tickets go on sale on Friday too. It then gives the ticketmaster.co.uk website so fingers crossed.
Thanks fingers crossed :)
rhona

Post by rhona »

i just spoke with Ticketmaster for the opera house and they confirmed that nothing on sale for Manchester or Dublin until Friday...

I've never bought tickets online and am paranoid that I'll get it wrong/make my computer/the website crash/something else!!! I guess telephoning is slower? Which medium is best? What's your plan of action?
Oh bless the continuous stutter of the word being made into flesh

2008 Manchester Opera House
2008 Clyde Auditorium/SECC Glasgow
2012 Wembley Arena
2013 London O2
2013 Birmingham LG arena
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

rhona wrote:i just spoke with Ticketmaster for the opera house and they confirmed that nothing on sale for Manchester or Dublin until Friday...

I've never bought tickets online and am paranoid that I'll get it wrong/make my computer/the website crash/something else!!! I guess telephoning is slower? Which medium is best? What's your plan of action?
If they're selling through Ticketmaster, I'm not sure telephone booking is an option (but I'm open to correction on that one...) - so choice is to do it online, or get yourself to a Ticketmaster outlet... I usually do it online, & not had any problems, although it's damned frustrating when the message comes up that you're in a queue... despite the various places where it says they're on sale Friday, the Theatre says nothings confirmed, and Tickemaster aren't listing it yet... :?
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

Fiona Barnes

Post by Fiona Barnes »

Manchester's listed on the Leonard Cohen files as going on sale via ticketmaster on Friday. http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/
ptn

Post by ptn »

Ticketmaster employee here.

We've no confirmed onsale date for the Manchester show as yet, though the London and Dublin dates will go onsale on Friday.

We take phone bookings as well as online bookings. People often try to book through both, to increase the chances of getting through to us when we are having a busy sale.

If you are booking online, I'd recommend setting up an account on the website first, so that you won't have to waste time entering all your details on the day.

If you are calling us, I'd recommend dialling at least 5 minutes before the tickets are due to be onsale. We experience large cues for popular events, and this will increase your chances of getting through quickly. However, be aware that we will not be able to sell tickets before the set onsale time (usually 9am), nor can we keep customers on the line to wait for the tickets to come onsale, so don't ring too early :)

Good luck!
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

Thanks, that's really helpful...

Could you tell me whether it makes any difference if I go through Ticketmaster.ie or Ticketmaster.co.uk ?

Thanks again...

ptn

Post by ptn »

I'm not sure but I think that the two websites run from the same servers, so if you choose the Manchester date from ticketmaster.ie, you will end up accessing the same info as you would through ticketmaster.co.uk. So I don't think you're likely to get through any quicker.

I don't know this for certain though, so it's worth a try!
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

Touts are already selling tickets for Manchester

http://www.worldticketshop.com/concerts ... manchester

What a feckin' god awful world we live in.

Ta Ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
Kanga

Post by Kanga »

ptn wrote:Ticketmaster employee here.

We've no confirmed onsale date for the Manchester show as yet, though the London and Dublin dates will go onsale on Friday.

We take phone bookings as well as online bookings. People often try to book through both, to increase the chances of getting through to us when we are having a busy sale.

If you are booking online, I'd recommend setting up an account on the website first, so that you won't have to waste time entering all your details on the day.

If you are calling us, I'd recommend dialling at least 5 minutes before the tickets are due to be onsale. We experience large cues for popular events, and this will increase your chances of getting through quickly. However, be aware that we will not be able to sell tickets before the set onsale time (usually 9am), nor can we keep customers on the line to wait for the tickets to come onsale, so don't ring too early :)

Good luck!
Thanks for the advice - I have just set my account up and I will be after a ticket at the O2 on Friday :D
I cant work out how to move this on to the O2 thread :oops:
2008 17 Jul - O2, London; 17 Nov - RAH, London; 22 Nov - NEC, Birmingham
2009 11 Jul - MB World, Weybridge
2012 9 Sept - Wembley Arena, London
riddler

Post by riddler »

i never thought i'd have a chance to see LEONARD COHEN in concert in my lifetime (he's in his 70's and he's doing a world tour!!!!!!)
if i don't get a ticket, i'll sit outside and listen with a glass against the wall. :lol:
Born With The Gift Of A G

Post by Born With The Gift Of A G »

liverpoolken wrote:Touts are already selling tickets for Manchester

http://www.worldticketshop.com/concerts ... manchester

What a feckin' god awful world we live in.

Ta Ken
Ken,

Well, if you will live in Liverpool....!
"Little lady.....I AM Kris Kristofferson....."
London: 10 & 11 May 1993; Manchester: 17, 18, 19 & 20 June 2008; Vienna: 25 September 2008; London: 17 November 2008; Paris: 26 November 2008; Manchester: 30 November 2008; Liverpool: 14 July 2009; Paris: 28 September 2012; Manchester: 31 August 2013; Leeds: 7 September 2013.

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”