Cohen to play Ireland?

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Dance_Me_to_the_End

Cohen to play Ireland?

Post by Dance_Me_to_the_End »

I heard a rumour that The Man himself will be playing in Kilmainhem Dublin during the same week as The Stooges (Monday 16th of June) and when I typed it into the internet I foudn this:

http://www.ireland.com/blogs/ontherecor ... n-in-june/

Leonard Cohen is set to play an outdoor seated show in Dublin in June.

The venue for Cohen’s first Irish show in two decades is believed to be the Royal Hospital in Kilmainham.

I don't know how true this is, but I really hope so... although please any day other than the 17th of June... because that's the day before my final exam....
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: Cohen to play Ireland?

Post by jarkko »

Unfortunately this news is false. The European leg of Leonard's World Tour starts later.
Gerry

Post by Gerry »

Thats very interesting news Jarkko. All these rumours about where the great man is playing are all false.We'll just have to be patient and wait for the actual venues to be released.
damellon

Post by damellon »

jarkko wrote:Unfortunately this news is false. The European leg of Leonard's World Tour starts later.
Jarkko - Radar working overtime now. Can we take 'World' literally? Might Blonde Madonna see and hear him on home soil?
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.

from Wild Geese
Mary Oliver
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

As far as I know the tour does not include Australia.
elgray

Post by elgray »

i'm a new fan- only got into him after hearing a song in wonderboys. Really hope to see him!!! Hopefully it's Dublin he plays, although I would guess Marquee. Maybe he'll play Oxegen! Haha! In the dance tent between Aphex Twin and Chemical Brothers, how surreal would that be?
Mel Devlin

Post by Mel Devlin »

Does anyone have any idea when Leonard Cohen is playing Ireland? I hope the big players in the promotion "Game" don't drag this brilliant entertainer to some washed out festival in the middle of nowhere were his show I feel will be lost in a haze of smoke and Eastacy (not that Leonard han't been to that Movie himself in the past !),lets have this man on what will most likly be his last tour (he's 73 years young) in his rightful place as the only act on the bill.When The Beatles,Bob Dylan,The Rolling Stones,David Bowie among others were doing the pub and club scene of Liverpool,London and New York,Leonard was an estabilished published author,that's the idea of the legacy and Legend we are talking about here,make no mistake this is a gaint in the music world and revered by his musical peers. Having seen Leonard perform 5 times live (and each time better then the last) I'm not to sure if an outside concert is the place for him,the bonding of Artist and Fans is unreal at a Cohen concert and that itself is as much part of the show as his beautiful songs.
I had a conversation with Anjani (Leonard's brilliant songwriting girlfriend) after her Dublin concert last year and as a singer songwriter of the same vein as Leonard,she agreed completely with this view,"The setting sets the tempo".

If anyone has any idea when the tickets for the Irish concert go on sale I'd really appricate a mail.

Thanks and most of all enjoy the gigs as he surly is one man who has "Come So Far For Beauty"

email address meldevlin@hotmail.com

Thanks

Mel
annc

Post by annc »

Hope the venue is big enough to hold the fans and it doesn't become a case where the tickets are 'sold' before they even appear on ticketmaster
claire.oconnell

Post by claire.oconnell »

Now I'm getting worried, I saw the rumour about the proposed gig in Kilmainham, Dublin, in June in the Irish Times, and thought it might thus be based on somewhat reliable information...God I hope he does play Dublin, and somewhere accessible to all - I've a friend who has mobility problems after serious illness who so desperately wants to see the great man - a seated concert in Kilmainham would have suited her perfectly, however standing in some giant field with thousands of people may not work so well for her... :?
jammymulligan

Post by jammymulligan »

Hopefully he will...read it in 2 weeks ago in The Ticket(supplement in The Irish Times)..anyway if my numbers come up in this weeks lotto, I'll book him myself..
lazarous69

Post by lazarous69 »

Dance_Me_to_the_End wrote:I heard a rumour that The Man himself will be playing in Kilmainhem Dublin during the same week as The Stooges (Monday 16th of June) and when I typed it into the internet I foudn this:
My brother who works in the industry has told me that Cohen will play one Irish show at Belfast´s Waterfront Hall in July.

However I must stress that he isn´t always right.

Myself I will get to see him at Benicassim in Spain.
Last edited by Tim on Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed quote
claire.oconnell

God that reminds me to play lotto this saturday, over €13 million :shock: ! I might need it to fund travel arrangements if he doesnt play Dublin ;-)
claire.oconnell

NEWSFLASH!!!! (thanks to kieron on other post for this)

Internet Onsale Info
Onsale to General Public:
Fri 14/03/08, 09:00

POD CONCERTS & AEG LIVE
LEONARD COHEN
GROUNDS OF ROYAL HOSPITAL
KILMAINHAM
GATES 5:30PM
SAT 14-JUNE-08

I just did a straight search on ticketmaster.ie and it is there, subject to licence. Is it known for ticketmaster to make mistakes with this stuff does anyone know?
claire.oconnell

EEEP! Take that back, ticketmaster.ie seem to have just pulled that info about Leonard Cohen :x What the hell are they at?????
damellon

Post by damellon »

although it may have been a mirage........ticket prices seem to be 85euro & 115euro!!
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.

from Wild Geese
Mary Oliver

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”