Death of A Ladies' Man

Everything about Leonard Cohen's new book
bandfan

Death of A Ladies' Man

Post by bandfan »

At :"Around and around" there is a section on "Reviled! The albums The critics Love To Hate" and the latest addition is Death of A Ladies' Man. it's a long and comprehensive discussion on the album … which might have had negative comments on release, but which now has overwhelmingly positive ones. See:
https://aroundandaroundcom.wordpress.co ... adies-man/
You can comment here or there.
Ladies Man, Deceased

Re: Death of A Ladies' Man

Post by Ladies Man, Deceased »

I have just joined and since I was christened with such an unusual moniker (what was
my mum thinking?) and then seeing this thread, I thought I better offer a comment.

I don't think it's a great album but there's plenty of great listening - True Love Leaves
No Traces for instance.

For me, Paper-thin Hotel is symptomatic of the album generally. Most of the songs are
very strong but the production is a bit wild and can be counter-productive. I love this
song but why ruin it with all the rubbish effects?

Oh and hello everybody.
Tamphanthanish

Re: Death of A Ladies' Man

Post by Tamphanthanish »

Ladies Man, Deceased wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:07 pm I have just joined and since I was christened with such an unusual moniker (what was
my mum thinking?) and then seeing this thread, I thought I better offer a comment.

I don't think it's a great album but there's plenty of great listening - True Love Leaves
No Traces for instance.

For me, Paper-thin Hotel is symptomatic of the album generally. Most of the songs are
very strong but the production is a bit wild and can be counter-productive. I love this
song but why ruin it with all the rubbish effects?

Oh and hello everybody.
I agree with you. Yeah, it's not a bad album, but I wouldn't call it outstanding.

Return to “THE FLAME - news and information”