EVENT RESCHEDULED TO 2022

Maarten

EVENT RESCHEDULED TO 2022

Post by Maarten »

Dear friends

2020 has been a hectic year and because of the COVID pandemic we had to postpone our next Leonard Cohen Event to the summer of 2021 instead of 2020. Now we have seen the impact of the pandemic and looking at the (near) future, it still looks rather unclear what the consequences will be for travelling and gathering next summer.

It is with deep regret that I have to make another announcement regarding the postponement of the Event in Ghent, but we have to decided to push the Event forward yet another year to summer 2022 to make sure we will be able to gather again in better circumstances. We simply cannot predict what next summer will look like in terms of travelling around the world and gathering for our Event, so the only reasonable thing to do is to postpone our Event once again.

A group email to everyone who had already registered for the Event for 2020/2021 will be sent as soon as possible with details regarding the possibilities of either applying for a refund of the registration fee or rolling the fee on to 2022 for the rescheduled Event. If you had registered but haven't received an email from me, please check your spam folder first before getting in touch with me.

--- Update Jan 7: the group email has been sent ---

Let's hope the third time's the charm!

All our best wishes for 2021, stay safe, stay healthy and stay warm!

All the best
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
pe swijngedouw

Re: EVENT RESCHEDULED TO 2022

Post by pe swijngedouw »

well, that's all right, i'll just have more time to get used to being retired, and perhaps lend a hand here and there, if practical help is needed. One can only hope that the bank will not charge "negative interest" on your account, as organising things is not going to get less expensive.
... precisely ...
HugoD

Post by HugoD »

A difficult but, especially given the circumstances, a correct and wise decision. Let's hope that 2021 will be the year of recovery to normal so that from the summer onwards we can do the things we are all looking forward to!
Lille 2010, Dublin 2012, Mannheim 2013, Rotterdam 2013, Montréal 2017
Happiness is just the side effect of a meaningful life.
Caren

Post by Caren »

Dear Maarten,

that’s the best possible decision under the circumstances. So we are looking forward to a great event in 2022. Thanks to you and your parents for all the work you have put into this already.

Please transfer our fees to the 2022 event.

All the best from Berlin. And here’s to better times ahead.

Caren
1990s Berlin 2008:Amsterdam-Berlin-Hamburg-London RAH 2009:Berlin-Barcelona 2010:Odense-Berlin-Gent x3 -Wiesbaden-Marseille-Hannover-Las Vegas x2 2012:Gent x5 -Amsterdam x2 -Berlin-London-Verona-Toulon-Paris x2 -Barcelona 2013:Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I can only echo what others have said. It's a sad but necessary decision, the only one you could make in the circumstances.

It will give us something to look forward to in 2022. Hopefully we Brits will no longer be the pariahs of Europe by then & we will be allowed back across the border.

Please roll my fee forward to 2022.

Wendy
HugoD

Post by HugoD »

Do not know of this is the place te ask but does this automatically mean that the Hydra event is also rescheduled tot 2023?
Lille 2010, Dublin 2012, Mannheim 2013, Rotterdam 2013, Montréal 2017
Happiness is just the side effect of a meaningful life.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, Maarten!!
Perhaps, now, I can actually attend, too!!
: :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) :D :D :D :D :D

All the best to everyone!! Please stay SAFE!!

Love,
Lizzie xoxox
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Suemerlyn

Post by Suemerlyn »

Got an email today from Caren/Hans. Thank you! I feel really out of touch with everyone while this awful pandemic has been going on. I would really love to see you all again on Hydra in 2023, and but also in Ghent, the year before (2022) Crossing al my fingers that Maarten will not find it necessary to change the date again.
I will try to post more often now too!! Love to everyone.
Melly2312

Post by Melly2312 »

Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Hi all

The dates of the rescheduled Ghent Event have been confirmed: Aug 5-7 2022.
More details can be found here: https://www.leonardcohenforum.com/viewforum.php?f=94
Please reply in the new thread from now on, this old thread will be locked to avoid confusion.

Hope to see you all in Ghent next summer!
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event 2020 in Ghent, Belgium - RESCHEDULED TO 2022”