Some LC Videos

General discussion about Leonard Cohen's songs and albums
Jim Williams

Post by Jim Williams » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:53 pm

That'd be great, Phil! Certainly, I have a DVD player (I don't know what I'd do without it!), and I play some DVDs (and CDs) on my PC of course. I expect I'll fit a cd/dvd burner soon. It's ironic that you should mention the Austin City Limits concert, because I've been trying to download it for weeks. I've managed 92% so far. It's doubly ironic that you should be in Norway, as I've just received some discs from there that someone kindly burnt for me. Mail me at podwilliams@aol.com. Thanks!
Last edited by Jim Williams on Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The lion and the calf shall lie down together, but the calf won't get much sleep.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:14 pm

That IS ridiculous and a shame, Jim. If you'd said anything sooner, you'd have had a full cabinet by now. I wish I had greater recording capabilities... still, something should be able to be done, in some kind of way!

~ Lizzy
Jim Williams

Post by Jim Williams » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:53 pm

Well, my PC's bursting at the seams now. I have something like 100 hours of music and video on here. When I finally get round to burning it all onto disc, perhaps my shelves will be bursting instead. It'd be preferable. :) Of course, I might just register myself as a charity and then you can all send in your donations in time for my birthday on 21st April! :wink:
The lion and the calf shall lie down together, but the calf won't get much sleep.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:12 pm

:lol:
A solution for everyone, as charitable contributions are tax deductible :wink: .

~ Lizzy
Jim Williams

Post by Jim Williams » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:42 pm

'Democracy' - Later With Jools Holland, BBC 2, 1993 - available for download here (7 days):

FILE EXPIRED

http://s29.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1MX1 ... NYMSPSWV53

Incidentally, I'm sorry to say that my account at youtube.com has been 'permanently disabled'. Not sure why - something to do with copyright, despite the fact that it doesn't seem to have happened to anyone else with files of a similar type. Nonetheless, all my clips have been removed, including the Cohen ones.
Last edited by Jim Williams on Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Williams

Post by Jim Williams » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:55 pm

I've downloaded the Austin City Limits concert. It's an .mpg file, but it won't open. I've tried opening it as .mpeg, .avi and .wav, but still no joy. Any tips?
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:58 pm

Oh, drat. That's a shame, Jim. Perhaps, someone downloaded from there and then tried to profit from it... isn't that the discerning factor?
Philwilli

Post by Philwilli » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:03 pm

Delete the file Jim,the DVD is on it's way over the north sea.

Phil
Jim Williams

Post by Jim Williams » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:21 pm

Now that's what I call a reply! :D (In the meantime, I opened it with Power DVD - the same goes for the First We Take Manhattan promo, which I'd never seen before.)

Thanks, Phil!
Jim Williams

Post by Jim Williams » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:27 am

Hallelujah! They arrived, Margaret! I can't even begin to tell you how grateful I am. Wow, wow and wow again :D
margaret

Post by margaret » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:18 pm

Glad to help, Jim. Some people here were very generous to me when I had nothing.
alaskanka

check out this amazing video

Post by alaskanka » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:33 pm

Hello everybody, I'm new to this Forum, I thought Cohen fans would love this clip posted at YouTube, apparently from Norwegian TV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPl01GRU2Zw
ala
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:26 pm

Thank you for your beautiful gift upon your entry to this Forum, Alaskanka 8) and Welcome :D !!

We have had clips from this performance, but I could never get them to play correctly or fully through. This is my first experiencing of this footage as it really was recorded originally... and I am delighted!! I'm going to see if there's any possible way to download at least the audio from my computer here.

This performance is so beautiful. Thank you for bringing it here.

~ Lizzy

Well... it's "imbedded" in the youTube page. My co-worker is going to see if he has his mp3 player here or left it up north at his daughter's. If here, he'll try to get it recorded for me. I just love this cover. He wanted to know the name of the group, but since they aren't an official one :( , I could only give him the information on the song 8) .
Philwilli

Post by Philwilli » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:13 pm

Hi lizzy
Do you have broadband connection to the internett?
I have just recorded the sound to my pc and it came out
very good.I can send it to you as a MP3 if you send me
your e-mail adress in a PM

Phil
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:16 pm

Hi Philwilli ~

The problem is that I'm at work and dare do very little with this kind of thing from here. At home, I don't have sound. How do I download an MP3 file? Can that be done onto a cd? How do I then play an MP3?

Lost in Electroland,
Lizzy

Return to “Leonard Cohen's music”