I didn't think about the fact that I might be causing you to type your answers twice. You are right, I should have posted my answers here as well, so I will do that.
And no, I haven't even moved yet. We are supposed to be out of the house by June 10th, but Dave is still interviewing for jobs in Oregon and/or Washington
. We aren't leaving Idaho until he finds something over there, since we still have our jobs here. You can probably imagine how crazy we feel right now. We had no idea our house would sell so fast. We may actually end up living in a travel trailer and boarding the donkeys. It is a little unnerving knowing we are leaving so soon but having no idea as to where!
And yes, regarding your avatar, I did follow your links to find out how you ended up receiving such an awesome (the word is pre-approved by 4 in this instance!) gift! Do you wear it often? I would be torn between never wearing it and never taking it off!! I can see by your link regarding why you received it that you certainly deserved it. Bravo!
In case anyone is interested I am posting my answers to the quiz below and your response below that. I will give it another go as soon as I can!
2. The Lost Canadian (Un Canadien Errant)
4. Un Az Der Rebbe Zingt
5. Kevin Barry
6. Something to do with The Partisan?
7. Rum and Coca Cola-- Field Commander Cohen
8. Take This Waltz
9. God Abandons Antony… Alexandra Leaving
10. Not sure…I think several songs were based on country songs…whether he admitted it or not!
11. Came So Far For Beauty
12. Not sure ..Something recorded by Jennifer Warnes? Need a hint.
13. Ballad of the Absent Mare
14. Who By Fire (Kol Nidre)
15. Tennessee Waltz
16. Tacoma Trailer
17. La Manic
18. Arrgh! I give up FOR NOW!
19. Aren’t there several of his songs that fit that, since he himself is a Canadian poet from the 20th century and some of his songs are from his poems? Is this a trick question??
20. Got a Little Secret
21. The Window
22. No clue…It would be awesome if it was Hava Nigela!
23. Whither Thou Goest? (Thanks to Hartmut’s hint??)
And here is your reply to me:
RIGHT: 1, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20, 21.
WRONG: 2, 3, 6, 12, 22, 23, 24.
Clues needed for above plus: 10, 18, 19.
2. It’s based melodically on a Québecois folk song and it on a studio album which states that fact in its liner notes.
3. This German folk song was sung in the 1976 European concert. I know for sure at these cities - Graz, Lintz, Zurich, Vienna, Munich, Nuremberg, Mainz, Ludwigshafen, Karlsruhe and Frankfurt.
6. This is a hard one! Nothing to do with The Partisan - that’s the answer of another one of the questions! During the tour in 2008-2010 he often closed his concerts in French speaking places reciting this traditional French song that may have appeared as early as 1604 when the first permanent French settlement was established in the Maritimes, Canada. Ha! That’ll make you laugh! In 2012 he recited a verse of it in the middle of a song that had its genesis in and about Egypt.
10. A contemporary of LC was responsible for the suggested melody connection. This is a very early and almost signature LC song and he got the inspiration for it looking out his window on Hydra.
12. This song was originally a poem and its title was the same as that on LC’s studio album. The title of the female singer’s song is part of its first line.
18. This is on an official studio album and the answer is written in the sleeve notations.
19. As above and on the same album.
22. Another hard one. That recording is LC reciting a poem from Book Of Longing.
23. This song is listed in The People’s Songbook. There was speculation that this could be LC’s last concert and those who were there sang the chorus of this song at the venue and he bounded on stage singing the last line.
24. Hartmut was right the first time, hehe!
Wish me luck in figuring these out... the one from liner notes shouldn't be that hard, as long as they are also on the CD liners!
Thank you again for taking the time to answer my PM!