L.C. Song Hunt

General discussion about Leonard Cohen's songs and albums
holydove

Re: AW: L.C. Song Hunt

Postby holydove » Tue May 26, 2015 8:20 pm

Hartmut wrote:I think one of the songs has to be 'Heart with no Companion' ('the soul without a king').
You got it, Hartmut - that's one of them.

The other song is on Songs From A Room; the royal title is there again, but the connection between the sovereign & the non-physical element is not as overt, & it can be interpreted in different ways (though I think the connection is implied).

Thank you for your guess too, Mollydog.
anny

Re: L.C. Song Hunt

Postby anny » Tue May 26, 2015 10:35 pm

The old revolution: ....on the side of the ghost and the king ?
holydove

Postby holydove » Wed May 27, 2015 1:27 am

anny wrote:The old revolution: ....on the side of the ghost and the king ?
Yes, anny - that's it!
anny

Postby anny » Wed May 27, 2015 3:43 pm

holydove wrote:
anny wrote:The old revolution: ....on the side of the ghost and the king ?
Yes, anny - that's it!
Thanks holydove

here is another one
2 totally different songs - 2 totally different albums and 2 words being used in both songs :roll:
It's someone who makesyou do something with your mind..... but too much can lead you to another state of mind ....
physical or not...positive or negative .... but the final action is the same (not visible)
holydove

Postby holydove » Fri May 29, 2015 1:25 am

Hi anny,

Is one of the songs In My Secret Life - "the dealer" (wants you thinking. . .)?

And is it the same two words in both songs, or a different two words that have similar implication?
Steven

Postby Steven » Fri May 29, 2015 6:29 pm

Hi anny,

Have the same questions as holydove. Are the songs "In My Secret Life" and "Suzanne"?
anny

Postby anny » Fri May 29, 2015 11:28 pm

Hi holydove and steven and thank you for thinking(mind you it can make you nuts !)

Yes, the same two words are in the two songs but not in "in my secret live" and "suzanne"
It's also a "popular"and "old" child game (even adults still like to play that game)
I'm still thinking who the "you" is who "got" me thinking (it's driving me crazy)
Steven

Postby Steven » Sat May 30, 2015 12:57 am

Hi anny,

I'm drawing a blank. The only games that come to my mind are "peekaboo" found in
"The Night Comes On" and cards found in "The Stranger Song." As they are two different
games, possibly neither of the songs they are in is among the two being searched for.
Last edited by Steven on Sat May 30, 2015 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
B4real

Postby B4real » Sat May 30, 2015 2:03 am

Hi Anny, right or wrong I can't resist your clever last clues ;-)

The two words are: “places” and “hide”.

First album Popular Problems the song You Got Me Singing –
“You got me thinking
Of the places we could hide”

Second album Old Ideas the song Crazy To Love You -
“But crazy has places to hide in”

(I wish we could make this game visual!)
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
holydove

Postby holydove » Sat May 30, 2015 4:05 am

Bev's guesses make sense, & I like them; but since Anny said, "someone who makes you do something with your mind"...etc., I'm thinking maybe the two words are: "a teacher", & the 2 songs would be:

Teachers - (are you) "a teacher" (of the heart)
To A Teacher - in this song the 2 specific words, "A Teacher", only appear together in the title, so one would have to consider the title to be part of the song for this to be correct, but that's all I could think of at this point.

And children (as well as some adults) do like to play "teacher". . .
anny

Postby anny » Sat May 30, 2015 11:33 pm

Hi holydove - hi steven
Close ..... but you both went another direction and "thanks for the trouble you took " to unraffle my complicated way of thinking :)
anny

Postby anny » Sun May 31, 2015 12:38 am

Ah Bev, why I'm not surprised ? Spot on !!!! :D

Me too I wish this game could be visible and I'm missing picture games... I was an alltime looker playing the game by myself since I was not able to post pictures :roll: Is'nt there a possibility to bring picture games back in another way ? But hey this game is fun too and keeps our brain working and healthy !!!!

Thank you Steven for starting this song hunt :)
Goldin

Postby Goldin » Sun May 31, 2015 12:56 am

Thanks Steven! Although I don't find any possibility to join you in any kind of language games, I'm glad you've started this one, it's interesting to follow...

By the way, I was just about to share the same thoughts, Anny.

Folks, do you want to restart the Picture Game? We may use only images with the "right" licence (I'll prepare a list of recommendated sites etc.).
Another way is to use our OWN pictures exclusively. Actually, that's my old crazy idea. This kind of game will go slower than the original one, but isn't it curious (at least) to try?

Surely, we can be happy with L.C. Song Hunt and other Forum game activities, but I miss the Picture Game a lot :roll:
Roman aka Hermitage Prisoner
B4real

Postby B4real » Sun May 31, 2015 2:31 am

Thanks Anny, Once I realised the something you basically do with your mind is thinking then the written pathway “clues” to the rest opened up before my eyes!
Anyhow, see how you all go with figuring out this next one.

Give me the name of a sanguine song and two separate lines about reflection ;-) within that song.

Yes, thanks Steven for filling a void and making our neurons fire productively!

Roman, your English is excellent! You would be good at this game. I know a lot of us are missing the picture game whether player or observer. If you want to do as you said we could give it a go within the strictest copyright laws. If you wish to start first, I suggest a brand new thread and maybe keep it in this section so as not to compromise this forum for Jarkko or any of us. I am very apprehensive about doing the wrong thing. A word game and an image game would really keep us guessing and work both sides of our brains!
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Steven

Postby Steven » Sun May 31, 2015 5:32 pm

HI,

Glad that people are enjoying this. I've no feelings about a picture based thread other than that I wouldn't want to
see anyone get into any potential copyright issues. -- For this reason, I'm not advocating for it. Roman, it seems that
you are underestimating your English language proficiency.

Return to “Leonard Cohen's music”