Leonard Singing Silent Night

General discussion about Leonard Cohen's songs and albums
hadley

Leonard Singing Silent Night

Post by hadley »

Most of you guys probably have heard this from previous years but if not there's a link here http://drhguy.posterous.com/post/271793793 where it can be streamed and downloaded. Enjoy!
bposside

Re: Leonard Singing Silent Night: "Holiday Album"

Post by bposside »

Thanks! When I posted the Dec. 4th comment suggesting a Leonard Cohen Holiday Album I didn't know there was a Leonard Cohen version of "Silent Night" out there. I think it's a good advertisement for more, and if not, this will do.
schubert

Re: Leonard Singing Silent Night

Post by schubert »

I downloaded this last night and in my humble opinion
thought it very moving.I wonder if there is any more similar songs out there?
I think Leonard would do an excellent Christmas album,highly unlilely to happen though :D :!:
alb123

Post by alb123 »

Very interesting. I was unaware he ever performed this song in concert. Does anyone know the particulars of this performance? The location, date, etc...?

Thank you for sharing!
Waterbury, CT - May 14, 2009
Las Vegas, NV - Dec 11, 2010 (Final Show of Leonard's 3 year World Tour) INCREDIBLE!
Boston, MA - Dec 15, 2012 (Best L.C. concert I've been to!)
B4real

Post by B4real »

alb123 wrote:Very interesting. I was unaware he ever performed this song in concert. Does anyone know the particulars of this performance? The location, date, etc...?

Thank you for sharing!
here you go alb123,

There are two versions of Leonard Cohen singing "Silent Night". The first version is from a soundcheck at the Odeon, Birmingham, England, recorded December 8th, 1979.
The second version is a wonderful live performance from the Dome Theatre, Brighton, England, recorded December 15th, 1979.
Both are soundboard recordings.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4989&p=58865&hilit= ... 979#p58865

PS Jarkko usually opens a thread each year for us to post Christmas wishes and uses this song at the start. 8)
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!

Return to “Leonard Cohen's music”