Atom Heart

Favourite Album

Post by Atom Heart »

Just wondering your favourite LC album.
"We loiter in winter, while it is already spring."
- H.D Thoreau
Paula

Post by Paula »

I voted for Songs of Love and Hate but I was torn between that and Songs from a Room
Pete

Post by Pete »

I too voted for Love and Hate but I was not torn
Pete
witty_owl

Post by witty_owl »

I agree with the "Love and Hate" polling in that I think it was the pinnacle of his earlier albums but at this point in time I must vote for 10 New Songs. 10 New Songs speaks with relevance to me as a mature age listener. 8)

Owl of Years.
linmag

Post by linmag »

I simply couldn't choose :?
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I love your signature[s], Linda 8) and :lol: .

I'm with you. I just don't know how 'you people' :wink: do it.....it's kinda like going to see a family with a lot of children, and asking which one is their favourite :? . But, carry on, even so :D .

~ Lizzy
starshaped

Post by starshaped »

wasn't sure for songs from a room or the future. went for the future.
Partisan

Post by Partisan »

This is quite simply the most depressing thread I have seen on here in a long time. I am close to speechless as to some peoples' choices. One person is obviously deaf (TNS), with two others blind to the risibility of the lyrics of Democracy (TF). Then again they might just have sexual preferences that are best not discussed, it would make more sense. However I am most dumbfounded by the five people choosing SOLAH. Two great songs do not an album make children. The dire dirges that are LYM and DRR are what give the master a bad name amongst the laity. If all you unwashed degenerates are looking for are good lyrics buy a book of poetry. This should be about words AND music across the WHOLE album. I cannot vote because I have so many favourites (SOLC, SFAR, NSFTOC, VP, even DOALM would have been better than TNS!). Now run along boys and girls and dig out your albums. Play them, and then sit in stupefied realisation as to what a bunch of Philistines most of you are. If you reach for your razor blades I won't lose any sleep.

p.
peter danielsen

Post by peter danielsen »

Well party-sanity, I hope you reach the peak of heaven some day. Your boredom longs for it.

Peter
Pete

Post by Pete »

partisan fails to acknowledge the diversity of taste, perception and experience of individuals... he is trying to dictate what we should appreciate and then flavours it with insolence.

or he jests

Pete
e^`

Post by e^` »

I hope Partisan is kidding because, otherwise, he is a prick.
ep
Anne

Post by Anne »

I picked The Future. I think I was the first one to do so. I am sure this won't surprise you, Partisan. I am also not blind to anything shown in the powerful lyrics of that album.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Well done Anne - have a Blue Peter badge. :lol:
Cia

Post by Cia »

I voted for Various Positions because I find it the most complete album ever. But I find DOLM the most humerous album, even if it's from one of LC's most depressing periodes.

hugs from Cia
The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man almost nothing.
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
linmag

Post by linmag »

Partisan strikes me as being unduly concerned by what the 'laity' think. Their failure to appreciate Dress Rehearsal Rag and Last Year's Man do not detract from the fact that they are great songs. Most of the people who subscribe to the common myths about Leonard's work have probably never listened to it anyway. Those who have should have the guts to stand up for what they like.

I never thought I would be accusing Partisan of being a wimp :shock:
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena

Return to “Leonard Cohen's music”