Duet with Cyndi Lauper?

General discussion about Leonard Cohen's songs and albums
faithfully

Duet with Cyndi Lauper?

Postby faithfully » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:32 pm

Would you like Leonard to do a duet with Cyndi Lauper?

I guess that would be very interesting - as their voices are right the opposite.

Of course, we could also think of Kate Bush...

What do the others mean about this idea?
Attachments
cyndi-lauper-the-view.jpg
cyndi-lauper-the-view.jpg (47.2 KiB) Viewed 2683 times
alb123

Re: Duet with Cyndi Lauper?

Postby alb123 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:19 am

After I saw her destroy a wonderful song during Roger Waters Live in Berlin concert in 1990. I would prefer that she stay away from Mr. Cohen's music as well. Having said that, I am actually a fan of Cyndi Lauper. But they don't belong on the same plate.
Waterbury, CT - May 14, 2009
Las Vegas, NV - Dec 11, 2010 (Final Show of Leonard's 3 year World Tour) INCREDIBLE!
Boston, MA - Dec 15, 2012 (Best L.C. concert I've been to!)
John Etherington

Postby John Etherington » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:10 am

If that's a recent picture of Cyndi above,then her new image is very striking and I doubt that Leonard would object to a duet with her! However, in the unlikely event that Leonard did decide to sing with one of Roger Waters backing singers, then he would be well advised to pick the great P.P. Arnold (a duet of "Angel of the Morning" would be rather nice).
News Gal

Postby News Gal » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:17 pm

Well, while they may have opposite voices, they both have a love for life that you can't deny exists. Given the right song, I don't know why not. You never can tell what could come out of that.
ᎤᏩᎬᏗᏒ ᏥᎪᏩᏘᎲ, ᎯᎩᎾᎵᎢ, ᎠᏓᎯᏍᏗ ᎨᏐ. Uwagvdisv tsigowatihv, higinali'i , adahisdi geso (I've seen the future brother, it is murder.)

Return to “Leonard Cohen's music”