Leonard about our Walking Weekend in Viladrau

Everything about our biennial Walking Weekends in just one record-long thread!
jarkko
Site Admin

Leonard about our Walking Weekend in Viladrau

Post by jarkko »

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
A fountain/well was yesterday dedicated to Leonard Cohen and the Walking Weekend in the village of Viladrau in Catalonia. Fifty members of the LC Forum are participating in the fourth Walking Weekend. A selection of photos from the Walk will be uploaded to a Gallery soon, but here are already some of the fountain. The third pic shows Bea Salles who had been working hard to make this weekend very special for us!

I sent the fountain photos to Leonard, and here is his greeting to the Walkers:
How grateful I am to you, dear friends of the Long Walk, to place these words of mine among the stones and flowing waters of the great land of Catalonia. I pray that they deserve such an honor. I am deeply touched by this gesture of affection and understanding.
Please be careful as you walk together. As we all know by now, the paths of this world, though beautiful, are often dangerous and slippery.
With love and blessings,
your friend of old,
astonished and humbled by your generosity,
Leonard Cohen
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
MaryB

Re: Leonard about our Walking Weekend in Viladrau

Post by MaryB »

Such a beautiful and thoughtful tribute on the culmination of this event!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Olwen

Post by Olwen »

A fountain/well was yesterday dedicated to Leonard Cohen and the Walking Weekend in the village of Viladrau in Catalonia. Fifty members of the LC Forum are participating in the fourth Walking Weekend. A selection of photos from the Walk will be uploaded to a Gallery soon, but here are already some of the fountain. The third pic shows Bea Salles who had been working hard to make this weekend very special for us!
I sent the fountain photos to Leonard, and here is his greeting to the Walkers:
How grateful I am to you, dear friends of the Long Walk, to place these words of mine among the stones and flowing waters of the great land of Catalonia. I pray that they deserve such an honor. I am deeply touched by this gesture of affection and understanding.
Please be careful as you walk together. As we all know by now, the paths of this world, though beautiful, are often dangerous and slippery.
With love and blessings,
your friend of old,
astonished and humbled by your generosity,
Leonard Cohen
Thank you Jarkko and of course Leonard.
Olwen
Olwen
Plymouth 1976, Kilmainham Dublin 2008, 02 Dublin 2009, Lissadel Sligo 2010,
Kilmainham, Dublin 2012, 02 Dublin 2013, Leonard Cohen Dublin Event 2014.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I can't believe I never commented on this when I recall seeing the photos and reading Beatriz's and Leonard's words. Such a beautiful, fitting, and meaningful thank you he sent us.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “Walking Weekends (2009 - 2023)”