LC Walking Weekend (2009 - 2017)

Everything about our biennial Walking Weekends in just one record-long thread!
Diane

Re: Just when I climbed this whole mountainside... (Wales 2009)

Post by Diane » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:51 pm

Paula! You were so funny all weekend, as usual. Judy sent me another excellent pic of you from the train to post in my Snowdon lot;-) The drunken piano was quite something:-)
Pete

Pool of drool

Post by Pete » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:53 pm

On Saturday evening Tim and I observed the following in The Royal. This is a true account of the happening. Bernie had had a fall when descending the mountain and was innocently tending her bruises with medicinal alcohol when it all unfolded before our very eyes..... read on....

Bernie's bruises caught his eye
Bernie's blarney hovered high
Above a conversation deep
"A thousand kisses going cheap??"
But soon she'd need a thousand more
Another vulture by the door
Swooped to join the merry two
Looking for some wit and woo.
So Bernie transfixed this fledgling pair
With her sparkling, starry stare
But the more she blarnied, the more they drooled
In awe at Priestess on high stool.
She fended off advances made
"I'd eat you alive, be very afraid."
But these two lads, aged twenty-seven
Were looking for a taste of heaven
So Bernie in her own sweet way
Decided t'was the time to play.
"If it's random sex you seek
I only do each other week
And this week is not every other
I'm old enough to be your mother."
But this did not work, it turned them on
These two Narcissi, one by one
Were peaking ecstasy galore
Baying and bragging, "more, more, more"
But Bernie had one final ploy
She knew how to toy a boy
Her blarney moved up twenty gears
As these two mixed their beers with leers
The High Priestess now in control
Had got the measure of these trolls
They slobbered as they lost the duel
And drowned in their own pool of drool.

Pete
Last edited by Pete on Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
1974: Brighton Dome 1976: Birmingham Town Hall 1993: London RAH 2008: Manchester Opera House, London O2, Matlock Bandstand, Birmingham NEC 2009: Liverpool Echo Arena 2013 Birmingham
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:58 pm

The peaceful life at Tyn-y-Cornell Hotel's lake.
Attachments
2009 September Barmouth Cohenite meeting for Snowdonia Weekend 058.JPG
2009 September Barmouth Cohenite meeting for Snowdonia Weekend 057.JPG
2009 September Barmouth Cohenite meeting for Snowdonia Weekend 043.JPG
Last edited by Byron on Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:01 am

"And the swan, it floated on - the Welsh lake"?! Lovely, wish I could have been there with you!
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:06 am

Some local birds. They didn't cost me a drink either. ;-)
Attachments
2009 September Barmouth Cohenite meeting for Snowdonia Weekend 143.JPG
2009 September Barmouth Cohenite meeting for Snowdonia Weekend 080.JPG
2009 September Barmouth Cohenite meeting for Snowdonia Weekend 138.JPG
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
efc

Post by efc » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:22 am

Diane wrote:I wish more could have been there...
There would have been more there if you hadn't, by implication, approved Ken's comments.

The fact there was no Welsh involvement for an event in Wales speaks for itself.
Byron

Post by Byron » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:24 am

Of interest
Attachments
Carys, Judy, Liz, Beti and Marg at Portmeirion
Carys, Judy, Liz, Beti and Marg at Portmeirion
The Loving Seat ?  Coed y Brenin Forest Park
The Loving Seat ? Coed y Brenin Forest Park
Byron

Post by Byron » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:38 am

Henning listens, with an eye sneaking a look at the chords, while Joe plays.
Attachments
2009 September Barmouth with Canon A80 004.JPG
imaginary friend

Post by imaginary friend » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:45 am

Hello Mountainsiders,

From a pond + a continent away, I've enjoyed retracing your steps!
- great photos
- good weather
- gorgeous scenery (I had no idea!)
- hilarious poem, Liptrot
- beyond hilarious poem for Tinderella, Pete

(Tinds, I knew you were a hottie when I saw your photo for the poster – but I have new respect now that you've wrangled not one, but two young turks hitting on you at the same time! 8))
Byron

Post by Byron » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:47 am

efc wrote:
There would have been more there if you hadn't, by implication, approved Ken's comments.

The fact there was no Welsh involvement for an event in Wales speaks for itself.
Try telling that to Carys and Beti, who made Judy, Liz, Marg and myself feel very welcome indeed. They paid for our lunch and gave us a guided tour of the wonderful village of Portmeirion. We even got to see the Architect's own grandson. I have photos but will not show his image in this public forum. That's called good manners. If you must have a go at the group who went, at least get your facts right. That's called good manners too.
efc

Post by efc » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:09 am

Byron wrote:
efc wrote:

Try telling that to Carys and Beti, who made Judy, Liz, Marg and myself feel very welcome indeed. They paid for our lunch and gave us a guided tour of the wonderful village of Portmeirion. We even got to see the Architect's own grandson. I have photos but will not show his image in this public forum. That's called good manners. If you must have a go at the group who went, at least get your facts right. That's called good manners too.
You might want to get your facts right. Only three Welsh people have posted on this issue, Carys, Kwills and myself. Not all of us have said the same, but there has been overlap. Aside from myself, Carys in particular was very clear in her views.
Diane

Post by Diane » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:12 am

Rob you are still going on about this. I suppose I am lucky Ken came after I called him a sarky scouse git (is that Liverpoolist?), with reference to his supposed racist, and merely cheeky, comments. I mentioned at the time this first came up that I thought some of the comments in this thread could be seen as being rude to a newcomer. I don't feel the need to keep repeating myself. These things are a matter of context and intention and this was just intended as banter and I am 100% certain of that. As for Welsh involvement, apart from Carys, Kwills had never intended to join the group as far as I know, and said so from when she joined the thread. I did meet her and we got along very well. Of course there is nothing wrong with people airing their views and I completely understand that some English people can make annoying comments about the Welsh. It is nonsense to imply that I am anti-Welsh. My son is Welsh. If you had come along you might have come to a different conclusion from the one you persist with. No further comment.

Pete yes that is brilliant. I heard one of Bernie's men saying "Leonard Cohen, but isn't he a bit depressing?" People can be so predictable. Love the lake pics Byron, beautiful reflections.
Last edited by Diane on Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:19 am

Dear efc,

I know that I should probably just not make myself heard on this thread any more, and that you as well as liverpoolken, coming in from completely different angles, but still similar as to effect, are no doubt going to tell me to stay out of this. But - why not let things lie for the time being, when the weekend in Wales seems to have been so great for everyone involved? why stir things further once they seem to have been resolved to everyone's satisfaction by some very helpful moderators earlier?! Why not simply look forward to Barcelona - where I, for one, will be happy to buy both you and Ken a drink or two (you will not have to have them together)?! Call me naive, but I cannot really help it... Kind regards!
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
margaret

Post by margaret » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:28 am

John the Shorts wrote:Would love to be there but I'm at Union meetings in Sheffield and travelling that weekend
(John is Welsh from Port Talbot)
Byron

Post by Byron » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:36 am

"You might want to get your facts right. Only three Welsh people have posted on this issue, Carys, Kwills and myself. Not all of us have said the same, but there has been overlap. Aside from myself, Carys in particular was very clear in her views."

Are you being deliberately obtuse? We have met with Carys and Beti on several occasions. They are ladies. I hope they remain good friends of ours. They are generous and I think it is remiss of you to bring Carys' name into your remarks. As for Kwills, Diane has answered your remarks. We had hoped to meet Kwills on Sunday but it was not possible to do so.
Anyone reading this thread will see that I did get my facts right. Once again, I feel that you are intent on spoiling what was a tremendous weekend; a weekend that for four of us, was made even better by the care, courtesy and generosity of two Welsh speaking friends, Carys and Beti.
I concur with Ann from yet another country. Let it settle and look forward to Barcelona.

Return to “Walking Weekends (2009, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019)”