LC Walking Weekend (2009 - 2017)

Everything about our biennial Walking Weekends in just one record-long thread!
Diane

Re: Just when I climbed this whole mountainside... (Wales 20

Post by Diane » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:36 pm

I ate the box of chocolates already, but here is a long stemmed rose for St Val's for you, for re-joining this thread, Byron.

Please note that 'elf and safety legislation now requires all the pricks to be removed from rose stems, lest somebody unwittingly grasp hold of them.
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:51 pm

So 'a rose by any other name' is no longer a phallacy symbol full of pricks ? :shock:
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:34 pm

I'm afraid my long stem rose last night so at my age that means this years valentines night will be a dreary affair . Bad timing and too much information I know but what are friends for if you cannot confide in them
YL
manchester, london,manchester , a mountain in Wales ,hills in Haiger
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:42 pm

Byron wrote:a phallacy symbol full of pricks ?
And theres me thinking that was big ben and parliament
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:48 pm

Phil, I have re-readed the original contribution what I put in here. It was crass, useless, worthless, unhumourous, off-target, wasteful of anyone's time who happened upon it, and what's more, far too representative of wot me mind is like cos of the meds I'm on these days. I shall disappear into me small cell beneath the stairs, and cogitate upon the meaning of lifts. Stairs can be a b*gger for them wot has difficulty climbing high Yorkshired hills. Is there a stair lift on the mountain?
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:49 pm

I don't have anything to say really but I cannot be doing with this thread not being top of the "other gatherings section " . No disrespect to John the Shorts and his tribute night in Cardiff but the Welsh thread has been number one for so long it breaks my heart to see it in second place
i'm a sad old so and so I know but there you go we all have idiosyncrasy's that we have to live with .
YL
PS Does anyone know if that is the correct spelling of idiosyncrasy's . The reason I ask is I need to put it in my statement when I attend my hearing at the magistrates court next week . Wish me luck everyone !
Diane

Post by Diane » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:20 pm

Dear Phil, I wondered when your case was coming up. If neither your idiosyncrasies nor your ditties convince the magistrate, there's always the insanity clause. We'll all be along to back up your case.
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:46 pm

Diane wrote:Dear Phil, I wondered when your case was coming up. If neither your idiosyncrasies nor your ditties convince the magistrate, there's always the insanity clause. We'll all be along to back up your case.
Thanks for the support Diane but you forget I have spent a weekend in the company of the "we" you are referring to so no offence I think I will plead guilty . I mean lets face it a witness should be of a sober nature , serious in their attitude and of a moral disposition . Therefore citing "The People versus the Mountain " Barmouth 2008. I rest my case
Last edited by Yorkshire Lad on Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Diane

Post by Diane » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:50 pm

well I did mean we'd be along to back up your claim of insanity, because one is judged by the company one keeps.
Diane

Post by Diane » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:27 am

Yorkshire Lad wrote: Barmouth 2008. I rest my case
and I thought we went in 2009. I rest mine.
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:37 pm

I must apologise for that mistake Diane . 2008 was the year I climbed Everest with Nepolese branch of the Leonard Cohen appreciation society ! So many things to remember too little memory to do it with !
Phil
Diane

Post by Diane » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:34 pm

For this thread I always get an email thingy saying there's been a post 8) .

Well Phil, I could apologise for suggesting you go with the "insanity clause", when everybody knows it is in fact the "sanity clause", but I have given up apologising for my impulsive mistakes. I've made a few I can tell you. One of them was allowing Henning to persuade me and Tim to take LC fans up mountains. But what a fabulous mistake that turned out to be! Insanity and mistakes are mentioned in your own signature, curiously enough. I hadn't realised you enjoy climbing that much. I will arrange a walking weekend in the Lakes or Scotland one year. I have you and Jean at the top of the list.
Byron

Post by Byron » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:47 pm

Phil, whatever you do when standing before the 'Beak,' don't mention eggs. :shock:
Diane

Post by Diane » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:35 pm

Happy St David's Day, Barmouth-thingies:-) The trumpet of the daffodil is now believed to be neither a petal nor a stamen, but something else. This is exciting news in the world of botany. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ox ... e-12598054
"There are only four organs to most flowers, and there are so many different types of flowers, with that basic system highly conserved. The evolution of novelty within such a highly conserved but diverse system is interesting."

In this thread we have garbage, flowers, and all of life 8) .
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:06 pm

Diane wrote: I will arrange a walking weekend in the Lakes or Scotland one year. I have you and Jean at the top of the list.
That sounds like the making of another fantastic mistake to me . We would definitey be a party to a mistake like that although top of the list maybe but I suspect not top of the mountain . Kilt wearing optional I hope . It can get brezzy round the cairngorms !
Phil

Return to “Walking Weekends (2009, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019)”