LC Walking Weekend (2009 - 2017)

Everything about our biennial Walking Weekends in just one record-long thread!
Joe Way

Re: Just when I climbed this whole mountainside... (Wales 2009)

Post by Joe Way »

Happy Christmas to all of you. We had a wonderful time in Las Vegas despite its "unmagical" atmosphere. As Mary mentioned, a highlight for us was getting to shake Leonard's hand after the concert and thank him. It was the first time in the over 40 years that we've been fans.

Our neighbors called us to let us know that 9 inches of snow had fallen, but they had plowed our driveway. When we arrived in Milwaukee, the snow had missed there so we didn't have to dig our car out. So sorry that many had problems getting home, winter travel is always worrisome. Glad that everyone has arrived safely now (except perhaps Joe who might still be on a bus to Galway).

Pete, we love your Christmas carol and Ken memories of your snowman adventures has me smiling again. Phil, we are happy that you and Jean were able to enjoy some nice weather in Tunisia-missed you in Las Vegas as we also missed Diane and Ken and everyone who couldn't make it.

Also met Anjani in Las Vegas and she agreed to perform at the event in Madison!

Take care everyone and hopefully we'll meet again at some happy event in the not too distant future.

Joe and Anne
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

Joe Way wrote:Also met Anjani in Las Vegas and she agreed to perform at the event in Madison!

Joe and Anne
Hi to you both and a very merry christmas ! Joe persuading Anjani to perform in Madison is fanasic news and has made my christmas already . Jean and I were looking forward to the event anyway but now this news has made it extra special .
Happy new year
Phil
PS Lets hope she can persuade a certain gentleman to come along to the event ! Wishful thinking I know but I was always the dreamer !
manchester, london,manchester , a mountain in Wales ,hills in Haiger
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Anjani SOLO is sublime news!! Without expectation beyond her beautiful self and velvet satin earth angel voice!

Leonard has been very careful not to offend anyone... hence, staying away from all Events [the Green Note the very brief exception].
By then, he may be gearing up for being on the road again... or let's hope, anyway :D .
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Judy

Post by Judy »

Happy Christmas and a Peaceful New Year to all.

Joe that is wonderful news ... only 18 months to go xxx
margaret

Post by margaret »

Wishing all of you a happy Christmas and all good things for the coming year

Margaret
Diane

Post by Diane »

Thanks for calling in with your news, Joe and Anne. I know it must have meant a lot to you, to meet Leonard face-to-face. Great stuff. Hope we meet again at some point.

Lizzy, Leonard graced the Green Note for around 40 minutes, if my memory serves (but it wasn't an event in the way these bi-annual one are).
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Happy Christmas everybody

Joe, I am thrilled for you that you met Leonard, I was as lucky as you.

Let's hope next year is as great for all of us.

Now if that lovely snow would just melt away, it would be fantastic
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

tinderella wrote: Now if that lovely snow would just melt away, it would be fantastic
Bernie
Lovely is not an adjective that I would use to describe the god forsaken white stuff . Since we arrived back from Tunisia we have had a flooded kitchen , a flooded utility room and frozen outlet pipes to the bathroom all because of this freezing b....y weather . Roll on summer !
Phil
The only place I want to see snow ever again is on the front of a christmas card
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Lizzy, Leonard graced the Green Note for around 40 minutes, if my memory serves (but it wasn't an event in the way these bi-annual one are).
Hi Diana ~ Right. I've referenced that elsewhere, too. That's not at all the kind of 'Event/event' I'm talking about. That was a gracious and brief 'fly-in' at a brief meet-up prior to a talk [except he arrived by car ;-) ] that would cause no ill feelings or resentments between the various Events/events over the years... that "Why theirs and not ours" ~ or "If theirs, then next it should be ours" kind of a thing.
The only place I want to see snow ever again is on the front of a christmas card.
:lol:
I had no idea that you and Jean had moving on your mind.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Pete

Post by Pete »

Yorkshire Lad wrote:Lovely is not an adjective that I would use to describe the god forsaken white stuff . Since we arrived back from Tunisia we have had a flooded kitchen , a flooded utility room and frozen outlet pipes to the bathroom all because of this freezing b....y weather . Roll on summer !
Phil
And where, where, where is my Jeanie wife tonight?
The pipes have iced and burst - that can't be right
There's water all splishing and sploshing on every single floor
I'm soaked up to my knees - I can't take it anymore.

And where, where is my Jeanie wife tonight?
Where, where is my Jeanie wife tonight?

Ah the silver knives were flashing - she wasn't at all that happy
She climbed upon the table - I think she was rather snappy
She said, "I'm off back to Tunisia - I'll soon be on my way"
But I raised my arms and pleaded, 'please stay, please stay, please stay.'

But now she's gone back to warmer climes, I think I've lost my love
I should have kept the heating on and now we have the flood.
She sent me a Xmas card and for that I'm truly touched.
But as I stand in pools of cold water I need her so very much.

Pete
1974: Brighton Dome 1976: Birmingham Town Hall 1993: London RAH 2008: Manchester Opera House, London O2, Matlock Bandstand, Birmingham NEC 2009: Liverpool Echo Arena 2013 Birmingham
tinderella

Re: Just when I climbed this whole mountainside... (Wales 20

Post by tinderella »

Happy Christmas to all my fantastic real friends on this thread. Look forward to seeing you all again next year xxx
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

Pete wrote:And where, where, where is my Jeanie wife tonight?
The pipes have iced and burst - that can't be right
There's water all splishing and sploshing on every single floor
I'm soaked up to my knees - I can't take it anymore.

Ah the silver knives were flashing - she wasn't at all that happy
She climbed upon the table - I think she was rather snappy
She said, "I'm off back to Tunisia - I'll soon be on my way"
But I raised my arms and pleaded, 'please stay, please stay, please stay.'

But now she's gone back to warmer climes, I think I've lost my love
I should have kept the heating on and now we have the flood.
She sent me a Xmas card and for that I'm truly touched.
But as I stand in pools of cold water I need her so very much.

Pete
Brilliant Pete ! Best laugh I have had this christmas . Do me a favour and post my lovely Jeannie a copy to :
Thimbles and Threads sweatshop
10 Fakeleather road
Scamammet
Tunisia
Postcode : UB40 DHSS

Where she is unfortunatrly working to pay for all our plumbing repairs on the paltry sum of one dinar per day . Sorry I misunderstood her that should read one dinner per day
Cheers Phil
ajmil at- tihani bimunasbah al- milad wa hilul as-sanah al-jadidah
mylitta

Post by mylitta »

Can't believe this thread is still going! And Pete as brilliant as ever.
Hope you all had a great Christmas ans have a happy new year to come.
xx
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Hi Judith, yes this thread is still going.... as we are hardy types here ( we did climb a mountain together lol)

Hope you are well and Happy new year to you and hope to see you again in the new year. Who knows what great times are ahead of us all :) :)

Did you like Tunisia Phil, did you leave Jean there????... I dont think she will get much work as when I was there I never saw many woman at all during the day. I was in Port el Kantoui, the hotel was fab but not a lot happening elsewhere. Mambo and I took a bus trip to the edge of the desert. a 6 hour bus journey each way. All we saw mostly was olive trees, we stopped in a town calles Sfax and as Mambo said to me, she couldn't give a Sfax if she never passed that way again!
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

tinderella wrote: Did you like Tunisia Phil, did you leave Jean there????... I dont think she will get much work as when I was there I never saw many woman at all during the day. I was in Port el Kantoui, the hotel was fab but not a lot happening elsewhere. Mambo and I took a bus trip to the edge of the desert. a 6 hour bus journey each way. All we saw mostly was olive trees, we stopped in a town calles Sfax and as Mambo said to me, she couldn't give a Sfax if she never passed that way again!
That's the Mambo I remember from Kracow telling it how it is ! My kind of woman ! At least you didn't have to spend 6 hours each way on a camel that would be sfaxing awfull and Mambo would really have got the hump !
Phil
PS You will be pleased to know that Jean is back in her own sweat shop at the back of our garage where she is busy making me a shed load of dosh !!

Return to “Walking Weekends (2009 - 2023)”