LC Walking Weekend (2009 - 2017)

Everything about our biennial Walking Weekends in just one record-long thread!
tinderella

Re: Just when I climbed this whole mountainside... (Wales 2009)

Post by tinderella » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:30 am

Absolutely brilliant Yorkshire Lad....and welcome to the thread :)
Pete

Post by Pete » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:20 pm

Welcome to the forum, Yorkshire Lad.
An excellent version of So Long, Marianne there. There used to be someone called Liptrop who would weave a comical line but not half as good as you. You probably know him because he's from Yorkshire as well.

Pete
1974: Brighton Dome 1976: Birmingham Town Hall 1993: London RAH 2008: Manchester Opera House, London O2, Matlock Bandstand, Birmingham NEC 2009: Liverpool Echo Arena 2013 Birmingham
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:31 am

Hi friends!
Really enjoying the repartee! Anne & I still miss you all very much-wish you were able to join us here in the good ol' US of A. I have a full evaluation tomorrow and will let you know if they will be able to delay the surgery until after Chicago & Nashville. Thanks for your kind thoughts-in the whole scheme of things, it is not life-threatening, but I'm hoping to be able to fully see you all again!

Joe
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
MaryB

Post by MaryB » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:41 am

Intruding on this topic, but I just wanted to send along my wishes and prayers for a most favorable outcome Joe!

Love all your banter :lol: and the most recent old pics ;-) (that must be an oxymoron).

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
margaret

Post by margaret » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:08 pm

Joe,
I hope all goes well, hope to meet up again somewhere next year, or soon after :)

Margaret
Judy

Post by Judy » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:26 pm

Very best wishes from me too, Joe

Judy
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:07 am

Hi to all,

After being poked, injected with dye etc. I was told that I can, indeed, postpone the surgery until after Nashville so that was very good news. Thank you for all of your good thoughts. My mom and sister are glad as I was the tour guide-and the Unified Hearts Touring Company Auxiliary will travel as planned on to Nashville. The surgery will probably take place late November or early December-I'll be out of commission for a couple of weeks and I won't be able to fly for about six months which still should allow us to go to Krakow. The timing, at least, has been favorable.

Thanks again for your concern.

Joe
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:44 pm

Excellent news Joe.

We will be all thinking of you.

ta ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
Pete

Post by Pete » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:42 pm

Joe Way wrote:....... and I won't be able to fly for about six months
Thanks again for your concern.

Joe
sounds like bloody good surgery if it enables you to fly after six months :D
future climbing holidays will be easy for you...just levitate up the mountain and fly from peak to peak.

Seriously.... glad to hear that it hasn't spoiled your plans and will be thinking of you when they start poking you again.
Pete
1974: Brighton Dome 1976: Birmingham Town Hall 1993: London RAH 2008: Manchester Opera House, London O2, Matlock Bandstand, Birmingham NEC 2009: Liverpool Echo Arena 2013 Birmingham
Aloevera

Post by Aloevera » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:03 am

Hi Joe,

That's wonderful news. Really looking forward to meeting you, Anne and your family in Nashville next week.

Until then keep well.

In song. Paula
2008 - RHK Dublin x 2, Lucca, Birmingham
2009 - Dublin x 2, Barcelona, Nashville
2010 - Marseille, Las Vegas X 2
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:36 am

Enjoy Nashville and Chicago, Joe. My congratulations along with everyone else's that you're able to exert some control regarding this procedure and slip it in between the concerts and Cracow. Nancy, who attended in Ft. Lauderdale, but still had to miss Tampa, told her doctor, "No way! I have to go see Leonard Cohen." She did, but due to other circumstances, still had to miss the second one, and thanks to her generousity, a friend of mine was able to see him for the first time ever and loved it. I know you'll love both the upcoming ones, too. See you and Anne in Cracow :D .

Love,
Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:18 am

Pete wrote:
sounds like bloody good surgery if it enables you to fly after six months
future climbing holidays will be easy for you...just levitate up the mountain and fly from peak to peak.
Yes, Pete, but how the hell do you expect me to get Anne from place to place! I don't think there are any Snowden trains crossing the big pond. By the way, in the doctor's office I read an article about Hadrian's Wall and thought that we should all walk that journey together! They even mentioned good beer, though I'm not sure that it would be classified as "true ale" under Ken and Dave's definition-hopefully there would be at least some German beer available (though Ken and Dave would be heard muttering about it).

Thanks again to all of you for your good thoughts and special thanks to MaryB, Paula & Lizzy for plowing through all of our nonsense to be able to wish me the good luck. Paula, we anxiously await to see you in Nashville.

All the best,

Joe
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:17 pm

Pete wrote:Welcome to the forum, Yorkshire Lad.
There used to be someone called Liptrop who would weave a comical line but not half as good as you. You probably know him because he's from Yorkshire as well.

Pete
He lives in our village but I try and avoid him at all costs . Riff raff if you ask me .He gets thrown out of guest houses and his wife eats crab with her fingers !
manchester, london,manchester , a mountain in Wales ,hills in Haiger
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
mylitta

Post by mylitta » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:23 pm

Yorkshire Lad wrote: He lives in our village but I try and avoid him at all costs . Riff raff if you ask me .He gets thrown out of guest houses and his wife eats crab with her fingers !
Definitely sounds a bit rough- not all refined like the rest of us. :D

Joe- glad you are able to get to Nashville, keep us updated about the op.

I can't believe this thread is still going- must check in more often!
Diane

Post by Diane » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:11 am

Glad you are back on the road again, Joe.

Judith you are fortunate not to have been staying in the guest house that Liptrot got thrown out of. I was and, my name tarred by association, I dare never go to Barmouth again and request an egg for breakfast.

I discovered a bit more mileage in my Barmouth pics. Would be interested to know what Henning was saying here that was sending Ken to sleep and making Dave grumpy:
cad22.jpg

Return to “Walking Weekends (2009, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019)”