Dr Heck on Anjani

dick

Dr Heck on Anjani

Post by dick »

Dr Heck of a Guy has made an introductory post for his coverage of interviews with Anjani.

Recommended reading:
http://1heckofaguy.com/2007/12/28/the-a ... roduction/

Enjoy
lizzytysh

Re: Dr Heck on Anjani

Post by lizzytysh »

Thanks, Dick. I went and read and thought I left a comment, doing everything suggested... but it would seem not so.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hmmm. Likewise, again, I've now just read the first installment of the actual interviews and left a comment, which didn't show up, either. And the Introduction seems to have disappeared, as well... unless it's hiding beneath one of those highlighted words or phrases that take you somewhere else when you click on them. So, this was the comment that I at least tried to leave there:
At Last. Substantive background information on Anjani from Anjani, as spoken through her and DrHGuy. This is exactly the kind of thing I've been hoping for and, in futility, looking for, as I've read articles on Anjani, or articles on Leonard, including Anjani. They always stop short. Don't go far enough. Don't delve. Don't weave the story of the life of a real person together. I am so glad that you posted your initial review "Music . . . Kiss Me" and that it's led to this pot of gold. Keep up the great work, you two. I'm definitely looking forward to more!
~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Written yesterday/today re: The Anjani Chronicles:

Hmmm. Just went back and checked again; plus Refreshed just in case. Still nothing. Can you no longer leave comments on his site? I'm asking that because I remember now that I left one regarding his Introduction to the Chronicles and it's not there, either.

Well, I have NO idea what happened to the Introduction that I read previously; however, I JUST found this, which ironically pretty much replicates what I've just said above; except that, actually, I unknowingly replicated what had already been said, and in more precise terms .

This really says it for me, too. Hear! Hear! Here! Here!

Quoted Text
The Best Anjani Interview By Another Guy

In the past few months, I’ve read batches of articles based on interviews with Anjani, alone or coupled with Leonard Cohen, and watched many videos of interviews with her, again alone or paired with Leonard Cohen.

I have not been impressed.

The Anjani that writes snarky comments on my posts and clever email retorts is completely missing in the interviews I watched and those I read. At best, these dispatches are vacuous, hackneyed, and bland; several surpass these standards to meet criteria for classification as “inane.” Almost none broach issues that have not been already been addressed in dozens of other vacuous, hackneyed, and bland articles.

In fact, my disappointment in the lackluster representations of Anjani found in those articles and videos was a prime motivator in the creation of The Anjani Chronicles.4

Even though I'm by no means a musician, I really appreciate DrHGuy's leading into his interview with photos, descriptions, and backgrounds regarding Anjani's instrument of choice, as well as talking about all the others she's learned; so that others, who are musicians, can get the substance that they can appreciate on an entirely different level.

Now, I'm off to read the "Pure Music Interview With Anjani" by Frank Goodman, the article of which DrHGuy does approve.

Yes! I now remember this article from awhile back. It's very worth reading again. Still... glad to see DrHGuy going even more in depth.

What I have resented about most of the articles is that they seem to consider and treat Anjani as an appendage to Leonard, which she clearly is NOT... unless you wanted to consider her his right arm and she his. It seems to me as I've read and listened to Leonard that he's done everything he can think of to make it clear that Anjani needs to be taken seriously in her own right and that he considers her a meritorious individual and musician [in all aspects] apart from him. It's how I see her and I'll be SO glad as I see more and more out there finally 'getting it'. I'm really looking forward to her upcoming album.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
Alan Alda

Post by Alan Alda »

Dr. Heck is a guy? Reads like a writer known 'round these parts that is a of the opposite gender. Just curious...

Laurie
I simply cannot see where there is to get to. Plath
Even despots have access to 'Welcome' mats. Me
Desperation is easily confused with enthusiasm. Me
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Really :shock: . Well, Dr. Heck is sure supposed to be a guy! If not, then we've got some other, beneath-the-surface stuff going on... like flirtation that appears to be based on authentic attraction [I'm speaking from his side]. Hmmm... I never once considered that DrHGuy wasn't a guy :o . Wouldn't that be a trip :lol: . Seriously, though, I do think DHG is male.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
Alan Alda

Post by Alan Alda »

Okey doke. I thought the writing style was very reminiscent of someone else. Thanks for answering.

L
I simply cannot see where there is to get to. Plath
Even despots have access to 'Welcome' mats. Me
Desperation is easily confused with enthusiasm. Me
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I'll reread it through a different lens and see what I think another time around with it.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “Blue Alert”