Ad

Bobbie

Re: Ad

Post by Bobbie »

I'm posting here way too much, and I'm beginning to annoy myself quite a lot. But... this thread was really getting to me last night with all that pizza parlor minutiae. I felt like Ralph Kramden must feel when he jumps all over Ed Norton.

Birdonawire... when did you ever ask me in the past why I have an oxygen feed... ? ... or did you ask someone else without getting an answer? I would have given you an answer.

Your observation is pretty funny, though. That old picture from 4th or 5th grade has a crack in it - but I really like the crack. Otherwise, it does look like a nasal canula; I see what you mean. I'll have to think about what I want to do about it, if anything.

Don't expect me back here for awhile, because I'm way over my self imposed quota.

Bobbie
Bobbie

Post by Bobbie »

Apart from that, my mother sent me to school that day looking like a Springer Spaniel.

That's IT! I'm outta here!

B
damellon

Post by damellon »

I've done it again...........both feet this time. Think it's time for me to disappear for a while. Sorry, St Theresa.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.

from Wild Geese
Mary Oliver
damellon

Post by damellon »

Before I go, St Theresa ......Mr Suzuki - Only a pink shirt? Was he protesting? Did you get a photo?
Somewhere in this message have I managed to insult anyone? PM for apology stating hurt suffered.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.

from Wild Geese
Mary Oliver
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

This thread has gone haywire :lol: ... mistaken identities, which I'll leave those mistaken to sort out; mistaken cracks in photos, sorted; mistaken relatives' capacities, I laughed out loud at your relatives' ages and locations... given their would-be assignments and favours, St. Theresa; and, apparently, some bloody toes :lol: . All this over Leonard advertising pasta. G~d help us if he ever decides to advertise beef :shock: !

Advertise whatever you want, Leonard :lol: . If I like it and can afford it, I'll buy it 8) . Meanwhile, I'll enjoy looking at another photo of you :D .

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Henning

Post by Henning »

I think this thread has gone haywire. With my first remark I was refering to the Blue Alert for the blue jeans. I had skipped the pizza, pasta, rasta part. But even with that ad I have no problems. Generous Leonarous is tributing to the praise of Italy with his permission I am sure. And for the sake of his stilled hunger. What if he is granted free delivery each day for the period of a year.
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

With my first remark I was refering to the Blue Alert for the blue jeans.
Ahhh... ah so, I see... I'm with you on the Anjani connection on that one, then!

Leonard would get the lion's share on the pasta. On Oslo TV, Anjani already said she doesn't eat much :) . "Lorca, Adam, Cassius, daughter-in-law [sorry, can't remember her name]... pasta tonight?" "AGAIIIIIIIN, Dad :shock: :roll: !?!"

How did pasta become pizza?? Are there two ads out there? Or just pasta in a pizza parlour? Did Italy hijack Lenny? [Apologies to you on that one, Manna... had to go with the rhyme :? :wink: .]

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

Three more rescue workers have died at a mine in Utah, in addition to the three who were accidentally dumped and died, in trying to rescue the six who are trapped and, tragically, likely dead.

Over 250 peaceful people in Iraq were killed in one organized attack.

The title of a newspaper article out of Washington, D.C., reads "Stresses of war drive soldier suicides up."

Over 500 have died in a cataclysmic earthquake in Peru.

Aren't we privileged to have the luxury of sitting at our computers debating whether Leonard ought to be involved in advertising pasta. I'm grateful; and my heart is with those in the rest of the world who are not so fortunate.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
dangermouse

Post by dangermouse »

Thanks for explaining the nasal tube Bobby.
I'm not Birdonawire but I am hoping to hang out with him and the other guys at the Travel Lodge in Oct.
St Theresa - are you related to THE St Theresa that we heardabout in convent school?
Birdonawire

Post by Birdonawire »

Thanks for setting Bobbie straight on that Dangermouse. Wouldn't like to take credit for other people's curiosity. Although I did wonder about the 'oxygen tube' myself.

And Bobbie, even though I fear I may be talking to an empty thread, I think you should leave the crack in the photo. It adds to the originality and keeps people guessing!
New York (Joe's Pub), April 24th 2007 / Dublin, June 14th 2008 / Dublin, June 15th 2008 / New York, February 19th 2009 / Dublin, July 20th 2009 / Barcelona, September 21st 2009 / Sligo...here I come!
Anne

Post by Anne »

kokenpere

Post by kokenpere »

Hello To All -

Unfortunately, the Old Navy ad eviscerates Blue Alert for its own purposes ie. young women being able to be better "flirts" after a Old Navy 'blue alert' to buy new blue jeans. Anjani's vocal is not used. And some of Leonard's and Anjani's music is used but altered.

I hope Anjani and Leonard are being compensated for this. I know this is a commercial for Old Navy but I hope Anjani and Leonard had some "control" over the way it was used.

kokenpere
kinch

Post by kinch »

Hey all,

I just got back from this Boston Pizza in Calgary... I was really upset when I saw the poster hanging... I had to blink a few times to confirm it was Leonard... I couldn't believe it. I was so upset! So upset, that I searched "Leonard Cohen"+"pasta"+"boston pizza" on Google... I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Return to “Blue Alert”