Blue Alert songs covered

LuNo

Blue Alert songs covered

Post by LuNo »

Hello,

Happy New Year for everyone!

you gotta check out the US jazz singer Madeleine Peyroux and her albums Careless Love (2004 - opening song is a cover of Dance Me to the End of Love) and "Half the perfect world" (2006 - that feature covers of Blue Alert and Half the Perfect World that titles the album).

Anjani's album Blue Alert has hardly reached European market and we've got already two songs covered in the very same year the album was released. Not bad, ain't it?

Cheers,
Luis
Luis

It's easy: All you need is Love [John Lennon]
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Anjani's album Blue Alert has hardly reached European market and we've got already two songs covered in the very same year the album was released. Not bad, ain't it?

Cheers,
Luis
Welcome to the Forum, Luis :D . I like your reasoning behind this perspective, Luis. It wasn't how I felt when I first heard about it [which is mentioned here, probably in the Blue Alert section]. I felt a little off-put'ed by it, in the sense that I felt Madeleine was inadvertently, or advertently :wink: , trying to demonstrate how they 'could've been done better,' i.e. her covers of them. The way you've expressed it here, however, keeps it in a wholly positive vein for me. Thanks.

~ Lizzy
LuNo

Post by LuNo »

Thanks for the welcome, Lizzy. :)

I do prefer to believe that Madeleine does like the songs and sings them in her own way - naturally different from Leonard's or Anjani's.

When an artist covers a song always pays a tribute to the songwriter, especially if he/she is also able to write (as Madeleine herself is).

Then you can prefer the original version or the cover. I just try to appreciate each version by itself 8) , but truth is that I seldom prefer covers to original versions (one exception is Leonard's cover of "Always").

It's really sad that Blue Alert didn't hit the market in Europe, indeed it is a very good album (I had to get my copy from the US).

Cheers,
Luis
Luis

It's easy: All you need is Love [John Lennon]
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

European release is coming out in April 2007 with new art cover and bonus material.

Return to “Blue Alert”