Blue Alert in UK shops?

thoughtcat

Blue Alert in UK shops?

Post by thoughtcat »

Is the UK release date of 23rd May (from the LCFiles front page) correct? I went into my local HMV yesterday (27th) but couldn't find it anywhere.

Thanks
Richard
Rob

Post by Rob »

I had an e-mail from Amazon today, telling me that there had been a delay and "Blue Alert" should be dispatched in two or three weeks time.

Rob.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Another e-mail yesterday telling me that "Blue Alert" has been dispatched.

Rob.
thoughtcat

Post by thoughtcat »

Lucky you... still no sign of it in HMV. When I asked the other day for a release date the guy couldn't even find it on his catalogue system. He suggested this was probably because there was no UK release date yet. Has anyone else managed to actually buy it from a UK shop as opposed to Amazon?

Thanks
R
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

According to Michelle at the management company, Blue Alert will be released in Europe in September. However, Spain may make a false start already in July (thanks to Anjani's concerts in Spain!)
thoughtcat

Post by thoughtcat »

Ah, right - thanks Jarkko - I was going by the May 23 release date given on the front page of the LCFiles!

What a drag to have to wait another 3 months - I'll just get it from Amazon then rather than waiting until September.

TC
linmag

Post by linmag »

I ordered my copy from Amazon before I went on holiday, and arrived home earlier this week to find it waiting for me :) Have only had time to listen to it a couple of times so far, but it's fascinating.
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
david birkett

ANJANI IN THE UK

Post by david birkett »

Was that a Sex Pistols song?

I went through the same process of traipsing round major and minor record shops in the naiive expectation that Columbia would have deemed it worthwhile to release what could be construed as a new Leonard Cohen record (with all and great respect to Ms Thomas) in the UK.

Granted we are a sad, small declining post-imperial backwater, but I was nevertheless insulted and dismayed.

I was left in the invidious position of being grateful to Amazon, for God's sake, who delivered the lovely CD quite soon after the official US / Canada release date.

Does anyone have a small wax model of the Columbia records Sales Manager? And a few pins?

David
thoughtcat

Blue Alert - STILL not in UK shops?!

Post by thoughtcat »

Nearly a month after this was supposed to have been released in the UK (and months after it was released just about everywhere else) I still can't find a shop that stocks a copy. Has anyone else had any luck? It's not even as if the shops have an "Anjani" divider (and I've looked in all possible sections including jazz and easy listening). I've even looked under Thomas in case she's filed under her surname, and Leonard, but no dice...
david birkett

Hunting Anjani

Post by david birkett »

Have you tried the websites of HMV, VIRGIN, etc? Another good place is Ray's Jazz, which is now located within Foyle's, Charing Cross Rd.
The Ogre does what ogres can,
Deeds quite impossible for Man,
But one prize is beyond his reach:
The Ogre cannot master speech.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

If you can find it, it's US release - Blue Alert is scheduled for March 2007 in Europe! (Scandinavian countries and it seems at least Poland and Czech Republic have imported US edition also.)

It's available on Amazon UK, it says "Import":
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blue-Alert-Anja ... 48?ie=UTF8
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

The European release date for Blue Alert has indeed now been set to March 2007. According to latest information the album will be released here as a remastered version with a new cover and possibly some bonus tracks, even a bonus DVD has been mentioned. However, all details remain open for the time being!

The album has been released in Finland and possibly in Denmark.

Those who don't want to wait can order it from all major online shops.
thoughtcat

Post by thoughtcat »

Thanks guys. I should've ordered it from Amazon ages ago but for various reasons didn't and by the time I got round to it, the original UK release date had nearly arrived so I thought it would be worth waiting for it to appear in the racks. Clearly not! I'll now definitely go to Amazon although feel the distribution of this record is ridiculous.

Return to “Blue Alert”